Coverstory Construction

Founded 2005 • Angie's List since March 2011

D Rated | 1 Review

Coverstory Construction is committed to excellence we will not stop until it is done right! Originated in Canada building and renovating High class homes and condos as well as renovating large numbers of mobile homes. Although we can build pretty much anything you can dream up we specialize in unique architecture and advanced home automation systems. We are available for anything job large or small with competitive pricing we will match any reasonable quote. Call now for a quote....

J Display Case

63  REVIEWS
J Display Case

We are a custom acrylic fabrication shop with stock designs also shown on our website. Our quality is the finest in the acrylic industry. Display cases, wall cabinets, display covers and bases for antiques, model ships, collectibles, and turntables. Safely packaged and shipped to your door. We ship to all of the US states and cities in 48 contiguous states. Email or call us for a free quote 1 800-971-6276.

Award 2019

D

03/10/2012

Much of the story is covered in the service performed box above.  Basically Mr. Bank did shoddy work at times and refused to correct his mistakes.  He did not return a pond (about $600.00 new).  He chose to post threatening remarks on facebook rather to respond professionally. The only reason I did not sue him was due to my wife's health  and mine as well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Subject: Visitor - Reporting on a Provider - Negative service experiences <Macon> Name:Buddy Stavely MemberID: 10836305 Buyer beware of Coverstory Construction! Mr. Bank makes many mistakes. He capable of good work if he is properly supervised. I met Mr. Bank when his grandfather did some work for us. His tile work is satisfactory. During the installation of a massage tub Mr. Bank repeatedly failed to use the purple primer necessary to ensure a leak free joint. He flooded our bathroom several times as he failed to apply the purple primer which I assured him was necessary. He installed an electrical outlet in my out building which is not safe and refuses to correct the problem. He also installed an electrical outlet beneath our deck which is powered by an extension cord. This is also not safe and he refuses to correct the problem. I asked Mr. Bank to repair a sequence 6000 pond pump. When I asked about his progress he replied "the pump is working but does need some more work". After several inquires he told me he had disposed of the pump as it was scrap. Which statement do I believe? "The pump is working or it is scrap "? Even if it were scrap it is my scrap and he had no right to dispose of that pump in any way without my consent. Mr. Bank also repaired my flatbed trailer. During the repair process he installed screws which extended into the wheel wells. These screws were about three time as long as necessary. These extra long screws destroyed two new tires and damaged a third. The only miles on these tires were from Griffin to Barnesville to Thomaston GA. They were "brand spanking new" I had given Mr. Bank the benefit of doubt many times before when he made mistakes. When his mistake destroyed the trailer tires I could no longer afford to pay for his mistakes. This was when his work became less dependable. We agreed upon means for him to work off almost $200.00 worth of damage. He only worked a portion for the damage he caused. Mr. Bank does not like his work criticized. By now you would think I learned a lesson. We thought Mr. Bank was an honest person. We hired him to install an electric fence. He began the work and during the installation he changed his billing without consulting with us. I have email to prove his original agreement but that makes no difference to him. Our fence is not complete and he billed us for materials he has not installed. He has not furnished material receipts as requested. He even billed us for a bench grinder to install our fence. There is no way possible a bench grinder is needed to install an electric fence. We made a mistake by befriending him and extending our southern hospitality. He considered because we are senior citizens he could take advantage of us. I sent a letter hoping to achieve a solution. Mr. Bank posted a very threatening and confronting response on Face Book. He also posted pictures claiming Coverstory construction accomplished our deck project. In truth it was his grandfather (Douglas Peck Remodeling) that remoldeled our deck not Coverstory Construction. I consider using Face Book a very unprofessional way to conduct business. Mr. Bank does not readily admit to making mistakes. He has repeatedly charged me for mistakes he made. I can furnish more proof of my above claims. Beware of this Canadian! Buddy Stavely

CATEGORY electrician,fencing,handyman service,lighting,plumbing,welding,garage builders,sunrooms

Carpentry, Cabinets, Commercial and Residential Contracting, Home building, Framing, Reno, Upkeep, Green Systems, Automation, Network IT, Mechanical.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal