CITYVIEW CONTRACTOR SERVICES LLC

Founded 2008 • Angie's List since April 2009

B Rated | 3 Reviews

William David Design Group

Installs home stereos, home theaters, home security, and computer trouble shooting.

Award 2019

11/18/2013

See above.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
On Saturday 11/9 Michal. Parker was contacted because my furnace was blowing  but not providing heat. He came over and said my 10 year old Trane furnace for my 10 year old home needed a new circuit board. He said he had one on his truck (how convenient) and he would replace it.  He charged me $380.  When I asked for a receipt  he said he would email it. I made  sure he had my correct email address. By Monday 11/11 my system was not working again - it was working intermittently. He came over Tuesday morning but did nothing because when he turned it on it came on, however I told him it worked intermittently. He waited for a while and because it was early morning (8AM)  I offered him a few breakfast snacks.  I left the kitchen for a while and when I returned he was washing my dishes. I was shocked!!!!  The system was taking a long time to heat up- my house was 55F when he arrived and was in the 60s when he left. I told him the system was still broken. He did nothing to investigate or diagnose the problem. By Tuesday evening, I had no heat - Atlanta was experiencing below freezing temps for a 2-3 nights.  I called Mr. Parker and when I told him of the problem his response was "that's weird." When I asked him how he came to the $380 he charged me, he would never tell me and I have repeatedly asked him for a receipt but he has yet to present one to me after 9 days now. I have left several messages on his cell phone but he stopped returning my calls.  When I last spoke to him and asked him for a refund he said he would tear up the check I gave him. I had another HVAC repair person come out on Saturday November 16th and he said it appears the circuit board that was in my system was defective, suggesting Mr. Parker either put in a defective circuit board (the one that was conveniently on his truck for my exact system) or didn't replace it at all and charged me $380. This new HVAC person only charged me $85 for the trip charge and diagnosis. He probably spent 90-120 minutes looking at my furnace and trying to figure out the possible cause of the problems.  Mr. Parker spent maybe 20-30 minutes with my furnace the day he came out.

CATEGORY electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

10/16/2011

Great, called the day before, came the next day and completed work.  Punctual, friendly, did not leave a mess.  I will be using again for other work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed power outlet and installed an over the range microwave.

CATEGORY electrician

04/16/2009

Mr. Parker promptly came out to install both items, although separately. He quoted prices in advance each time! FREE! He did not take long to install either item, no, not even with the DVR System. He was constant in his work, and installed the system in no time- making numerous trips up and down the stairs in my attic, as well as the stairs in my two story home! He is very helpful, fun to talk to-...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I've had the pleasure of having used Mr. Parker's services more than once on electrical jobs. In 2008, he installed a new motion-detection security light above my driveway. He also came out to install a previous Home Security system (wireless) but it sucked, so I returned it! April 14, 2009, he installed a 4CH DVR Home Security System @ my home. I can't wait to have him help me with other projects; (drywall, installation of yet another outside light) - I didn't know until I asked for his business card that he was a handyman too!

CATEGORY electrician,home security systems

PAINTING, DRYWALL, ROOFING, FENCE, ROOM ADDITIONS, FINISH BASEMENT/BATH, SURROUND SOUND, DESKS, PRESSURE WASHING.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa