What bathroom couldn’t benefit from more cabinets to store cosmetics, medicine, toiletries and linens?
Find Top-Rated Leesburg Cabinet Makers
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Cabinet Makers to Avoid
Top Rated Cabinet Makers
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 178 reviews for
Leesburg Cabinet Makers from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Cabinet Makers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Leesburg
Homeowner ditches the cramped laundry room for custom built-in cabinets
This gorgeous kitchen proves you don’t have to spend big bucks to make a big impact
What’s better than a good book? A great bookcase that holds many of them
Not really. If the contractor is very careful and you are really lucky he might be able to pull them out and then reinstall them after the new cabinets are installed. A lot of this will have to do with how well the counters were installed in the first place. Also, the existing countertops may not line up with the new cabinets exactly in some areas as well as they do now. The better option is to have the cabinets refaced, leaving the boxes and tops in place. Unlless you have deteriorating particle board cabinets you should be able to get a carpenter to do this. If you decide to remove the countertops and install new cabinets factor in new tops and be pleasantly surprised if they can be reinstalled afterall. Realize you probably won't find a contractor willing to gurantee not damaging the tops. If you do, dig in and research him well. He likely doesn't have enough experience.
Todd's Home Services
San Antonio, TX
As long as the counter is big enough Corian is one of the easier ones to work with. Since it does not have the ground or crushed stone that some of the other material have you can work with normal woodworking tools. A saw with a fine tooth carbide blade and a professional grade router with the proper shaped carbde bit can be used if the edge needs finishing. A belt sander helps on cuts also. The only problem you might have is if you need the joint kits for seaming as I dont think you can buy them.
When Corian first came out I could buy the slabs and fabricate my own tops and then Dupont went to a certified distributor system and would no longer sell to those of us that had been working with it for years. I will admit that they did have reasons for this as not all that were working with the product were doing it right.
Cabinet Making reviews in Leesburg
After talking me into replacing my cabinets,
I initially wanted to replace my counters and have a few minor changes done to my kitchen. The designer convinced me that I needed to replace my cabinets and not just my counters. I felt a bit rushed by
Either she measured my cabinets incorrectly, or when she entered them into her program, my kichen grew 3" in one direction and 6" in another direction ( 105" instead of 98.5" ). Both directions are constrained by walls and neither wall could be removed. I believe, that as a result of her mismeasurements, and her rush to get me to order cabinets, this caused more issues to arrise than should have happened.
After I ordered the cabinets,
While we were waiting for the replacement cabinets to come in,
Here are things she did well:
2) Marielwas helpful in getting my cabinets ordered and for the most part working with me to get the correct cabinets.
Here are a few things she is bad at, and show that she was either not listening to me or ignoring me:
1) I told her over and over that the water heater was in the corner of the kitchen, that it was new and did not want to replace it. I ended up having to replace it because she did not measure correctly.2) I told her I did not have the money to spend on a full kitchen remodel and that I wanted to spend a lot less and ended up spending about 60k between her and the contractor.3) She measured walls incorrectly and used her computer program to tell her what was right and wrong. For some reason she measured the space and got a wqall that was 98.5" as 105". This caused more issues with the cabinets as the cabinet company ended up sending a 30" cabinet instead of a 27" cabinet, however neither of them would have fit in the space with the other cabinets, we ended up having to go with a 22" cabinet instead and 1" filler by the wall.
4) She did not do a good job at verifying that things that were shipped were the correct color and sizes. 5) When the cabinet company screwed up the second time she was more interested in getting the kitchen put together with whatever was there rather than making sure I had the right cabinets and that I would be happy with the outcome. 6) She connected me with a contractor that at the beginning of this project did not perform well.
7) She was not very good at communicating things or listening to me. I told her I wanted my peninsula to be the same as it was, and that it was 96" long and 27" wide and we ended up with a peninsula that was 99" long and 25" wide. She convinced me that 27" was too wide and we went with 25". I may have to redo the peninsula if I stay in this condo for a long time.
8) She failed to tell me that the cabinets for the peninsula would have only 2 shelves instead of 4 like the rest of the cabinets I got from her. You would have thought she would have informed me of this. I either have to have someone make holes in for other shelves and order other shelves or redo the peninsula.
9) Even though I told her time after time that I wanted 1 door for my broom closet, I ended up with 2 doors and it is more of a pantry than a broom closet.
10) I asked
11) None of the cabinets or drawers are really large enough now to store pots and pans effectively.
All in all it was a very unpleasant experience. It took more than 6 months for this project to get done and it was mainly because of the cabinet company had screwed up, however there were many misses on the part of Gilmans Kitchens and Baths.
In the end of this, they ended up giving me a check for $1000 which was part from the contractor, part from the cabinet maker and part from Gilmans. Having $1000 does not make up for the almost year that it took me to get my kitchen back.
I will NOT use this company again.
only real hiccup was the day before the granite was to be brought out and installed there was a very heavy rain that delayed the granite contractor by one day.
Been about a year since completed , still very happy with all the work. Nothing showed up as a problem even a year later.
Felt very comfortable doing business with this company , best of all they are professionals and do a very good job.
Cabinet Makers in Leesburg, GA
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Leesburg.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center