River City Patio And Garden

A33 REVIEWS

Founded 1997 • Angie's List since February 2012

PO Box 4585

Columbus, GA, 31914

River City Patio and Garden has served the Columbus area for over 15 years. Our focus is on creating your ideal landscape while providing outstanding customer service. We want your yard to be a place to enjoy whether playing, gardening or simply relaxing....

Landscaping (28)Pavers and Hardscaping (12)Lawn Irrigation (11)Drain Pipe Installation (9)Lawn and Yard Work (6)Outdoor Kitchens (4)Fencing (3)Tree Service (1)

01/25/2018

Great experience with Kevin and his team. They were punctual and well priced. We had issues with other companies not returning calls, but with River City Patio and Garden that was never a thought. They did a great job and we would hire them again in a heartbeat.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sod, new plants/shrubs, sprinkler repair and overall clean up of yard

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service, irrigation systems

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/25/2018

07/18/2017

Home had a major drainage issue because of original building issues. Kevin came out and discussed the situation with us in detail. He fully explained what was needed and why. It was completed on time and within budget. It looks far better than we hoped. Also, while working the project Kevin fixed a problem with a garden wall and did a fantastic job with it too. He has definitely earned all of the ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drainage system required due to past issues.

CATEGORY landscaper, drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/18/2017

07/17/2017

It all went OK. They did leave a few areas that weren't properly edged or cleaned up, but all in all it was very punctual very nice people.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had basic lawn mowing, edging, and pruning.

CATEGORY lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/03/2017

06/09/2017

Kevin came out and we discussed what I was thinking for the backyard. He offered some really helpful advice and suggestions for what we could do to make the backyard look good and yet have a functional gardening space. Although we didn't hire it was only due to our budget right now. Once we have either have the budget or determine how much we want to invest in a house we might not be in after five...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed a quote for two 20ft long hugelkultur beds made, 4 raised garden beds, stump removal and some grading.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/03/2017

03/28/2016

CALL THE GENTLEMEN UP AND IT TOOK 2 CALLS FOR HIM TO FINALLY COME OUT. DID THE WORK WITHIN A COUPLE OF DAYS. DID NOT LEAVE ME A RECEIPT, HAD TO GO GET ONE FROM ONLINE.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
BUILD A PLATTFORM (ROUND) FOR  SWIMMINGPOOL

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/15/2015

10/26/2015

Kevin worked with us to fix the drainage issues and work within our budget. He created a great design and did the parts that we could not do.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drainage, landscaping design, patio, and landscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/16/2015

07/21/2015

I called River City Patio & Garden and left a message on a Friday.  Kevin returned my call soon after and I gave him info on size of sod job I needed;  he gave me an apx price and made an appt. for 1:00 the following Wednesday to come out and meet with me.  He never showed up for appt. and I never heard from him again.  I would give an F grade to anyone who makes an appt. and never shows up.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gave a phone estimate only and made an appt. to come to my home.   No work was performed so THERE IS NO ADDRESS TO GIVE WHERE SERVICE WAS PERFORMED

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/03/2015

05/10/2015

River City is terrific to work with. Not only are they punctual and professional, but they do a great job! I have elevated sprinklers that spray my garden. I wanted to be able to turn the individual sprinklers on/off as necessary. Kevin installed faucets on each sprinkler to do that. He also showed me how to adjust my sprinkler heads on my own, which is REALLY helpful. He also repaired some sprink...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced broken sprinkler heads. Installed on/off switches on elevated sprinklers in garden.

CATEGORY irrigation systems

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/31/2015

04/17/2015

Kevin was prompt  and punctual.  He responded with my estimate as scheduled and a week later the job was done.  He had about 4 men that did the job which took a day and the next morning.  I had issues with that side of the house landscape with surface water from rain and also during summer with  air conditioning water draining and leaving lots of surface water.  Not much grass is growing on that s...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
French drain installed by side of house and 2 downspouts placed to present gutter drains, landscaped that side of house with river rocks

CATEGORY landscaper, drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/08/2015

C

12/23/2014

The initial contact was prompt and very promising. Next, the provider forgot about me and the job. I contacted the provider, reminded him I still needed the work done. and supplied measurements of the area that needed the straw. I was not really pleased with the work; the straw was not spread evenly and did not cover the base of the plants. I re-distributed the straw so that the base of the plants...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Delivered pine straw and spread it

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/15/2014

Ms. [removed member name], I am very sorry you were not entirely pleased with our work. As I stated in our phone conversation, "we would be happy to come back out and address your concerns". Kevin Mchale 7062898890".