Davenport Remodeling & Construction

Construction & Remodeling...

Jeff O'Donald

11  REVIEWS
Jeff O'Donald

Jeff O'Donald has 25+ years of experience as an owner operated painting company servicing the Dalton area. My expertise covers kitchen cabinets, furniture, interior/exterior painting, and residential/commercial painting. We apply lacquers, oil bases, acrylic/latex paints, stains, and primers. I pride my self by doing high-quality work while being the one of the neatest painters around. I give free estimates and have great references.

02/05/2020

It was Great working with them, I was able to make changes on the fly, and they accommodated them all. Strongly recommend then for any job. They have proven to me that they can handle anything thrown their way.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was looking to build a tiny house from a shed, and after talking with Bruce and him explain what the County would and would not allow me to do on my own property, we sat down, I drew up what I was thinking of, and we came up with plans for a tiny house well not to Tiny. 2 story and 950 Sq Ft On the side of a Mountain. That is where Bruce and his Son Matt expertise came in handy we made the Outside out of aural siding (Cement Board 4x8 sheet). And It is awesome it will last for a long long time and never rot and has very low up keep. Then Bruce was able to get me a Septic tank installed. and the Pluming installed for one bathroom and a Kitchen. He then finished the house with Knotty Pine wall and ceiling. We love his craftsmanship and his finish work. And one of the best option was he allowed me to pay him a weekly wage for him and his 4 Man crew and that was it. I paid for all the materials, he picked it up, and within 9 week I had a house. That has already gone through two Storms that where some of the worse I have ever been through , with no mayor issues and what we found he was right there to take care of . In the end the Decisions that where made cost me more, but I am very happy with the final outcome and would strongly recommend Bruce and Matt. In addition, if I build another place I will call them.

CATEGORY decks,electrician,handyman service,plumbing,remodeling,siding,replacement windows,home builders,woodworking,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,house painters,interior painters

11/27/2017

Bruce and his son, Matthew, did a good job on this replacement project. They gave me several options for door types and explained our options for doing the work. Because the door size was a special order I agreed to pay their door vendor directly so all they were responsible for was the labor. It took a week or so for the door to arrive. They picked it up, brought it over an quickly had it in plac...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced an old, warped and defective double door with a new one

CATEGORY handyman service

01/28/2017

We first hired the Davenports to rebuild a utility room which housed a water heater and well tank that was in need of reconstruction due to prolonged water damage. Bruce was very responsive and came to estimate the job the next day. His price was fair and we hired them to build the utility room and a new deck. These guys did awesome work! The deck is really well built, very sturdy and a very high ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Master bedroom and bathroom addition onto our cabin in Cherry Log with closet and laundry room and a new utility room rebuild and new deck.

12/19/2015

From the moment I called Bruce Davenport, he was prompt and courteous.  He was very honest and upfront about the possibility of the French door becoming more work once he removed it.  It turned out that he was correct.  We had significant water damage to the back of our house.  He got started right away in replacing the damaged wood.  Since Bruce, Matt, and Gary were working on repairs from the wa...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Davenport Construction & Remodeling was originally called to repair a French door.  They determined that not only was our door jamb and threshold rotten due to long-term water damage, but so was our subflooring in the dinning room, approx. 40' of rim board, and OSB board on the back of our house. They also installed new hardwood floor where the other was damaged as well as new decking board. They repaired several cracks in our dry wall in the living room, dinning room, and kitchen.  In addition to replacing all of the damaged wood, they added a roof to our deck which included running electrical for lighting/ceiling fans and installing vinyl siding and soffit.

CATEGORY decks,electrician,handyman service,remodeling,siding,woodworking

09/21/2013

Within two days, the Davenport crew turned my cold, old siding into a tight and sealed wall. It looks great and I can live without street noise and wind blowing through the cracks. Great job AGAIN!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removal of old siding on house outside area. New boards, house wrap and wood pine siding installed. They even painted it for me, included in the price. They left the scaffolding up for me, so I can reach the windows and roof edge to clean an do some of my personal projects.

CATEGORY fencing,handyman service,lawn service,plumbing,replacement windows,interior painters

Major & Minor Remodeling, Kitchen & Bathrooms, New Construction, General Carpentry, Room Additions, Custom Homes, Drywall Flooring Doors & windows Painting Electrical Plumbing Framing Roofing Carpentry-finish Cabinets Siding Tile Countertops Deck, Porch & Patio Fencing Landscaping Heating & cooling Foundation Insulation.