Chuck's Painting & Home Maintenance

A 37 Reviews

Founded 2001 • Angie's List since June 2015

4115 Columbia Rd Suit 5 PMB 178

Augusta, GA 30907

We are a veteran owned and operated company out of the CSRA. In business for 17+ years. Our services are personalized with the business owner on the job, doing the work....

handyman (22)interior painting (16)woodworking (6)drywall repair (6)house painting (5)deck building (5)driveway gate installation (4)fencing (3)general contracting (3)door (2)cabinet refacing (2)home remodeling (1)

12/24/2020

Once underway, the fence repair and gate install went quickly over the course of two days (post concrete required to set over-night). Chuck, Phillip and Nick are polite & professional with high ethical standards. The fencing and gate are rock-solid. Vertical posts are level and horizontal aspects of the fencing are congruent with my terrain and existing fence line. There was a delay of a couple da...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chain link fence repair from fallen trees, and walk-through gate install

CATEGORY fences

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/22/2020

Photo for Chuck's Painting & Home Maintenance - 4115 Columbia Rd, Augusta, GA - 39103087

Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to do the repairs for you. Chuck

09/17/2020

The repair was so poorly done that I now have to hire another person/company to fix it because Chuck did not have another crew to send. When Chuck's crew was finished, the ceiling had waves and indentations in it and was rough and unsightly. This is a major inconvenience because I wasted weeks waiting for Chuck's team to start and complete the job. I have photos that I will upload if the system pe...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bedroom ceiling had water damage. Drywall needed to be replaced, mudded, sanded and repainted.

CATEGORY drywall,cabinet refacing

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/14/2020

Photo for Chuck's Painting & Home Maintenance - 4115 Columbia Rd, Augusta, GA - 38881311

This is unfortunately what can happen when someone wants to cover something up instead of paying to have it done correctly. We did the best we could with what the customer asked for and with what we had to work with. There were other repairs done here of which there were no complaint because we were allowed to do them correctly. This customer was told she didn't need to pay for any of the repairs....

12/18/2019

The company did not do the type of work I was requesting

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair a hold in the ceiling

CATEGORY drywall,handyman service,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/18/2019

The company did not do the type of work you were requesting because we no longer repair ceilings. We did however give you a referral to a company that does nothing but repair ceilings. Your review, given the fact that we did not do the work, and given that we took the additional step of referring you to a company that does the work, says a great deal about you.

10/03/2019

Excellent! Chuck was always polite and prompt with the initial estimate and the day of the install. His team worked very hard together and took pride in their work. I will definitely hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
he installed a designer style garden gate.

CATEGORY handyman service,driveway gates

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2019

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to get this job done for you. Thank you for hiring us.

08/15/2019

Excellent, punctual service and quality work

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fence and gate repair & staining

CATEGORY fences,handyman service,driveway gates

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/15/2019

Thank you. You were great to work for. We appreciate your kind review. Chuck

02/14/2019

True professionals. Chuck and his team worked efficiently to get this project completed. The team met the timeline easily and were always kind and respectful. I will hire Chuck and his team again as look forward to additional improvements. Chuck stands behind his word and is just a nice guy.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bathroom Remodel

CATEGORY drywall,handyman service,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/14/2019

08/15/2018

Carpenter never came to give estimate on building the cabinet. Chuck was very nice and professional as the owner of the company, but his carpenter let me down!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Cabinet built above fireplace

CATEGORY handyman service,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2018

I apologize that the Carpenter I referred to you never gave you an estimate. He doesn't work for my company. He is someone I have referred in the past and did good work. I won't refer him in the future.

07/23/2018

Excellent Professional. Work was very well done. I would differently hire again and plan on doing just that.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed and replaced very large drive gates. Installed new set with a no sag frame. Awesome. Also removed an poorly done Attic fold down steps. Installed new stairs , and l painted and trimmed out the opening.

CATEGORY woodworking,driveway gates

05/28/2018

We have not settled on a work date because I am still waiting on the insurance company. But up to now he has been very responsive and helpful to include great customer service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed to have my home repainted after a tenant left without notice.

CATEGORY interior painters

Thank you so much for your kind words.

05/03/2018

I want to give Chuck a high praise based on my initial estimate with him. We have not scheduled any work to be completed yet, but when we do..it will be with this company. I have had many contractors in and out of my home recently for various projects bids. Chuck was the most professional by far. Answered the phone first time I called, showed up on time the day of our appointment and left me with ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painting vaulted ceilings

CATEGORY interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/03/2018

Painting- Interior and Exterior, Sheetrock Repair, Wallpaper Removal, Tile Installation and repair, Flooring, Trim installation and repair, Carpentry Repair, Pressure Washing, Fence Repair and installation of all types of fencing, wood, PVC, chain link, etc. Deck Repair and Staining, deck refacing, concrete staining and sealing, porch repair and staining, Retaining walls, and General Home Maintenance.

concrete pouring and finishing, Structural Changes, Masonry, Plumbing, Electrical.