Yager, Dr. Howard S.

Founded 1976 • Angie's List since December 2011

Dr. Howard Yager is a primary care doctor treating patients in Atlanta, Georgia, and the surrounding communities. He is board certification eligible with the American Board of Family Medicine and is affiliated with facilities including the Emory University Hospital and Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta. Dr. Yager is also a member of professional organizations including the American Medical Association, the Georgia Academy of Family Physicians, and the Southern Medical Association. Originally from Fort McClellen, Alabama, Dr. Yager attended George Washington University in order to pursue his undergraduate and medical education. He complete his residency at UCLA - Harbor General. After residency, he joined the United States Public Health Service working within the streptococcal disease unit of the CDC and later became United States Deputy Regional Health Director for the Northeast. After leaving public service, Dr. Yager returned to Atlanta to open his own practice. Patients visiting Dr. Yager can receive a full range of medical services. He provides cardiovascular screening visits, annual pediatric checkups, annual physical examinations, and prescriptions and refills. Treatment is also available for issues including asthma, migraine, arthritis, food intolerance, and general illness....

05/18/2018

Dr. Yager is through, and has an excellent bedside manner. I trust him to care for me and my family. His practice is always clean and neat. The office ladies make everyone feel at home.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Family Care Physician

CATEGORY family doctor

02/17/2015

My primary physician is good. He's been my primary care physician for three years.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My primary care physician is Dr. Howard Yager. I went in for a prescription refill and a checkup. I visit him every other month.

CATEGORY family doctor

12/22/2011

I have been visiting him for 37 years.  Even though, he is now 30 miles from where I live, because he is a good doctor and he talks nice to you, I still visit him.  I need not wait weeks together to get an appointment.  He doesn't order a lot of extra tests that are not needed.  He is a very good doctor.  I have shifted all my medical care to the town where I live now, but I still go to Dr. Yager....

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Howard Yager is my primary care physician.  I last visited him in November 2011.

CATEGORY pediatrician

General Practice and Family Medicine including adolescent pediatrics, routine gynecologic services and women's health.

Obstetrics