J & L Auto Service

A 99 Reviews

Founded 1959 • Angie's List since February 2009

3667 N Peachtree Rd

Atlanta, GA 30341

A family owned and operated full service repair and maintenance facility. We pride ourselves on doing the best work possible with an emphasis on customer service. J & L was established in 1959 and has built a reputation on trust and dependability. No matter what you drive, from modern German sports cars to classic domestic trucks we have the tools and experience to keep it on the road and performing well. We are one of the few shops left that has the skill set, tools, and techniques to work on Classic, Antique and Vintage Cars. Give us a try! We won't let you down....

auto repair (96)car inspection (7)

02/20/2017

They were able to quickly diagnosed the problem and make the replacement quickly. I was extremely happy with the service I received.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced rear right hub

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/09/2016

10/12/2016

More than expected. I was advised to replace rotors & drums along with pads & shoes. Hard to believe but I saw the parts. The truck set in a barn last winter and water game in under bay door. After paying for a $1500 brake job, I installed a channel drain. Brakes work well. Expensive lesson though.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front brakes were grabbing.

CATEGORY muffler repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/16/2016

01/12/2016

I use to think that I needed to trust mechanics with exotic car brand on their shingles. Trust me, you can trust J&L. These guys are great and they are car guys. I will bring them all my cars. These guys gave me something I haven't had in a long time, and that is to drive my 29 year old Porsche with confidence. They are attentive, experts, good at everything, and car guys! Thank you Angie's List f...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Analyzed and corrected electrical problems on a very complicated electrical system! Installed shifter bushings to perfection. Automotive Wizards and genuine nice People

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/24/2015

03/05/2015

They did a great job. They were very nice and courteous. I am very satisfied.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced ball bearings on both sides of my car.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/13/2014

12/01/2014

they are great

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I can’t remember exactly, but I have been using them for at least 3-4 years for 4 cars and they have been trustworthy and  have done good work.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2014

09/26/2014

I am moving here from CT, and felt something funny in the way my clutch was working. I used Angie's list to find a good shop, and when I read the reviews for J&L, I thought it was too good to be true. In summary, the people at this shop lived up to every good review I read. They were extremely kind and professional. When I called, they told me to bring the car the next day and they would look at i...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
checked the clutch on my 2008 Saab, as well as the brakes

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/25/2014

09/12/2014

I went to Angie's List to look for other automotive repair shops and found J & L. I called when I was able to start the car and asked if I could bring it in that afternoon (Friday) while it was still running. Shad (you have a GREAT telephone voice by the way) told me up front that they probably wouldn't be able to look at it until Tuesday morning. I appreciated the honesty as the other repair shop...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The folks at J & L Auto Service found two loose connections in the electric system of my S-Type Jaguar that had been causing various problems. For example, the automatic parking brake would sometimes not release causing delays while I tried (often 2 to 3 times) to release it manually. I had taken the car to another repair shop where they reconfigured something never precisely named on the invoice. The cost just for that service was $115, and I was told that the crank sensor would need to be replaced soon or the car would not start reliably. This did, in fact, occur about one week after the repair. I didn't really have much confidence in that repair shop at that point even though they had serviced the car for the past 4 years.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/09/2014

06/10/2014

I left my car there while I was visiting with my son's family.  Went very well.  Had no additiona problems

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Checked lights on auto

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/09/2014

05/30/2014

Service was completed in a matter of hours - I couldn't be happier or recommend J & L Auto Service more highly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Inspected front and rear brakes. Replaced one rear brake pad, resurfaced both rear rotors, flushed brake system and replaced fluid. Checked all fluids/tire pressure/general inspection prior to a road trip I'm taking next week.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/28/2014

Member thank you for your continued patronage. We do our best to repair cars in a timely manner. I look forward to taking care of your vehicle repair needs in the future. Gabe Parker [hyperlink removed]

05/08/2014

After searching Angie's List, I decided to use J & L Auto Service to repair my daughter's Jeep Wrangler.  Their website was great, even allowing for online appointments.  Chad and Gabe were terrific.  They called to explain the parts that needed to be replaced to fix the air conditioning and the brakes.  It seemed like so much to complete, but they finished everything by the next morning.  When we...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired AC and brakes.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/02/2014

Member, thank you for choosing J&L to repair your daughters car. All of us here at the shop are parents and understand that our children are the most important people in our lives. I am glad that we were able to diagnose and repair your car in a time period that you were pleased with. Please call us for any future vehicle needs that may arise. Gabe Parker [hyperlink removed]

Axle/CV joint repair (fwd), brakes, standard or abs, clutch repair, electric, batteries, electric engine, diagnostics, performance, heating and air conditioning, preventive maintenance, steering and suspension, transmission, wheels/tires, vehicle inspection, radiator repair/replacement,.axle/driveshaft repair & differential repair.

Emissions Testing