PENINSULAR PLUMBING CO INC

B46 REVIEWS

Founded 1967 • Angie's List since February 2000

5518 ARMENIA AVE N

Tampa, FL 33603

We are a full service plumbing company established in 1967 and serving the greater Tampa Bay area. We cater to both the commercial and residential markets with services such as hydro-jetting, leak detection, water heater repair and replacement including tankless and hybrid heaters, re-pipes, video inspection, and backflow testing. We believe our tenure in the industry delineates the quality of work we provide and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you as well....

Plumbing (43)Drain Cleaning (7)Water Heaters (4)Drain Pipe Installation (1)Bathtub Restoration (1)Sewer Cleaning (1)Water Filtration and Softening (1)Wells and Pumps (1)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (1)

04/04/2019

It was outstanding. They were so good, its the best business I'll dealt with in 14 years. Highly recommend them. They are just great.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They installed a world pool tub in master bath

CATEGORY bathtub refinishing, plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/13/2019

04/02/2019

Very professional and friendly. Dillon explained everything to me and cost before work has done. Did a vrest job. Would highly recommend. Great prices!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drain stoppage

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/02/2019

04/02/2019

Dillon came out my house and was very professional and very courteous. He worked efficiently and cleaned up after he was done. I highly recommend Peninsular Plumbing. Nice people.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed to have my water heater replaced.

CATEGORY water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/15/2019

05/23/2017

The plumber: 1) did not replace the waterline and instead just connected the brand new dishwasher to the old waterline, 2) used the old washer’s power cord (instead of using the brand new power cord I provided), and when the dishwasher wasn’t working correctly giving us an error code pointing to installation error he insisted he had installed it correctly, spent a ton of time on the phone with the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have had 2 completely separate negative experiences hiring Peninsular Plumbing and would like to share my experiences with you to help you understand why I do not recommend hiring Peninsular Plumbing. My observation is that they have very low standards for the plumbers they on board and send to your home. Peninsular Plumbers: broke my bathroom tile and roughly patched it up, installed a brand new utility sink that was leaking water immediately after they left (plumber promised to return and fix it but instead went AWOL), and they sold me a $600 faucet that retails online at Wayfair for $200 (looked it up by model number for an exact match). Most recently, due to the insistence of my mother and against my better judgement, I hired Peninsular to install my brand new dishwasher because I needed a plumber to replace the waterline because of the way my kitchen is set up.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/23/2017

01/24/2017

Peninsular Plumbing did not want fix their MISTAKE...poor customer service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
You wrote: Called Peninsular Plumbing to correct a faulty bathroom faucet installation by another party. The problem had to be fixed by going in through the drywall in the bedroom. The Peninsular plumber misjudged where the opening in the wall should be and cut a large square in the drywall. Then he cut another square in the drywall to actually reach the plumbing to fix the problem, but I now have two holes in my wall...one that was necessary and another that was a mistake. Upon my request, Peninsular Plumbing said they would send someone to repair the hole which was their plumber's mistake and I had already called someone to repair the other hole which was necessary to repair the plumbing. On the day the person sent from Peninsular Plumbing was to come to my house he called to confirm that he was to repair two holes. I told him only one was the responsibility of Peninsular Plumbing and that I already made arrangements to have the other one fixed. That day Jessica from Peninsular Plumbing called me and said that because their repair guy was coming out to repair only ONE hole instead of two that he was going to charge more and therefore PP wasn't going to pay for it. Jessica said the best they could do is send me the difference in price which was $20.00 (insulting). I doubt anyone would come out and repair the hole and texturize the wall for $20.00! It's a poor excuse for trying to get out of their responsibility of fixing THEIR mistake! I would never do business with them again and beware of the plumbers they employ. PP had to send out a second plumber a couple of days later to fix the botched (faucet) job the first one did.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/11/2017

10/31/2013

He brought in 2 faucets for me to look at and I was told that the faucets that he had were not available at a hardware store. He also only specified a price of the installation along with the faucet, not the two prices separate. Come to find out, I could buy them from a hardware store and they were actually more than half the price he was trying to charge me. I trusted his judgement and price beca...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They installed a kitchen faucet, 2 lavatory faucets, 2 round china sinks, snaked the lavatory line in the master bathroom, installed the water line for my ice maker, sold me 3 bottles of drain cleaner, installed a garbage disposal and sold me a PPC membership club which is supposed to provide a money back guarantee as well as a 15% discount.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/22/2013

08/03/2013

Good professional work, friendly people. One unexpected delay (not their fault) but all work was done in a timely manner. Permits and inspections were all handled seamlessly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
completely replaced exterior sanitary sewer lines from house to street

CATEGORY plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/29/2013

07/04/2013

Ashley, the dispatcher was communicative and responsive.  The technician, Chris, showed up on time, did the work he was supposed to do at the agreed upon price.  Overall, I was happy with the experience and would call on them again for any future plumbing needs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They replaced the faucet stems in my tub/shower.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/02/2013

05/10/2013

He did not charge us for his time, and recommended another service provider. He insisted that he not be paid for his initial visit and asked for nothing. Very friendly, very professional and we will absolutely recommend them to anyone and if we do need them in the future, will utilize their services without hesitation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had a mysterious puddle of water form in our master bedroom. I had to rip out the carpet, and baseboards, and discovered saturated walls as well. Peninsular Plumbing was very friendly and professional, and a technician was at my home within half an hour of calling.  Russell spent about an hour at my home trying to identify the source of the problem. He soaked the outer window, inspected the meter, throughly looked for any plumbing issues, leaks, the AC and soil. He did everything he could do to find the source of the problem. He recommended a specialist to further help find the source of our mysterious puddle of water, and was very adamant about not ripping anyone off.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/10/2013

04/01/2013

All went OK   I was working out of town during repairs so details of minute by minute are missing.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Supplied & installed water heater sucessfully and did assorted faucet repairs.

CATEGORY plumbing, water heater repair, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, drain cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/25/2009

RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERICAL PLUMBING.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover