Lyons, Dr. Steven T

Angie's List since October 2008

Not Rated| 11 Reviews

To see if this provider is board certified go to www.abms.org. There are 29 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site....

07/28/2016

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Insurance coved all of my Knee replacement by Dr. Lyons. |I was going up and down stairs in 5 days. I'm walking better than I have in 5 years. Getting other knee done in November.

CATEGORY orthopedics, knee doctor

09/17/2013

Dr. Lyons was very thorough and explained all aspects of what was involved with a total knee replacement. He answered all questions that I had in a very professional manner. I would gladly recommend him for anyone needing joint replacement.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Review of need for knee replacement.

CATEGORY orthopedics

09/03/2013

Dr. Lyons performed the knee surgery in Mar, 2012,  the results were excellent.   The recuperation time and physical therapy results were markedly better this time around, my range of motion was significantly better almost immediately.   Once the surgery related pain and physical therapy soreness subsided,  I was able to stop taking all prescription pain meds. I am now 15 months post-surgery and h...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had undergone total knee replacement surgery in 2010 (with another FL Orthopedic surgeon) and was having problems with both constant pain and inadequate range of motion.  The pain was so severe that I was seeing a Pain Management Dr, it was he that recommended a visit to Dr. Lyons to get my knee joint assessed. Dr. Lyons did a thorough review of my knee and was able to point out the sources of my knee pain and limited range of motion.  Unfortunately, the only method of correcting the problems was to perform another knee replacement surgery.  What I really liked about Dr. Lyons was that:1) he was very honest about the benefits/risks of re-doing the knee, he did not make any guarantees but was confident that the outcome would be an improvement (I'm always wary of Drs that make guarantees), 2)he did not criticize the work performed by the previous surgeon, just pointed out some things that he could do differently. I decided to move forward with Dr. Lyons and a 2nd knee replacement.

CATEGORY orthopedics

06/15/2012

I like Dr. Steven Lyons. He's been honest and he makes my legs better.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have arthritis in the knee, and Dr. Steven Lyons is my orthopedics doctor for that.

CATEGORY knee doctor

02/24/2012

I had my hip replacement 6 years ago in April and I haven't had one bit of problem since. I went for up to 2 years of post-op care and he was wonderful. He was always able to answer any of my questions and he was great.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I went to Dr. Lyons for a hip replacement.

CATEGORY orthopedics, hand doctor