A Blg & Home Inspection Service by Larry Cerro

Founded 1989 • Angie's List since October 2009

Larry Cerro is a State Registered Residential Building Contractor, Mechanical Contractor, Class A Air Conditioning Contractor, and Roofing Contractor. He is a State Certified Building Inspector, and State Certified One and Two Family Dwelling inspector as well as holding IRC and ICC certifications (formerly CABO and SBCCI)(the building code certification agencies). He is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a County Court Mediator. He is recognized as an expert witness in the home inspection field. He has served as the President of the Florida chapter of ASHI (the American Society of Home Inspectors) for four years and has recently finished serving his sixth term as a National Director. He is a past Director and Officer of FABI (Florida Association of Building Inspectors). He is a State Certified Radon Measurement Technician and Mitigation Specialist. and a State Certified Energy Auditor. Larry has been performing home inspections in Tallahassee for over 26 years. Larry has been active in the construction industry for 33 years....

Penny Herman Realty

I pride myself on providing a positive real estate experience whether it is helping someone sell or buy a home and in some cases just offering my professional advice. I have been a top producing residential realtor for over 40+ years with the majority of my business coming from referrals and past clients. I am also proud to have been awarded the Super Service award from Angie's list and I specialize in new and existing residential real estate as well as vacant land and investment properties in Leon, Gadsden, Wakulla and Jefferson counties. My community and professional service to name a few, includes having served as Past President of the Tallahassee Board of Realtors plus the honor of serving as a former Tallahassee Mayor and City Commissioner. You can also find my numerous 5 star reviews on Zillow, Google and my website Hermanthehouse.com. What I enjoy most is helping others with their real estate needs and I look forward to helping you!

03/29/2014

Excellent job!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Home inspection

11/04/2012

He's an effective communicator and we understood from start to finish what his observations were and what they meant.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Cerro charges according to the size and complexity of the house; we live in a big house with three ac units, unusual construction, etc. so ours was expensive. But considering that we want No Surprises when we put the house on the market, we think this was a good investment. He's prompt, diligent, informed and constructive. We've heard anecdotally that some people, especially Realtors, are critical of him but that may be because sometimes his finding probably affect price and even the sale itself. He was here for 12 hours but it was time and money well spent.

05/20/2012

All potential problems were found and described in the report in detail manner . Though he is little bit on expensive side, given that I am making a life time investment, I found his service extremely helpful. I recommend him strongly to others.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I hired him for building inspection for the property I am buying. He provided a detailed report that helped me to negotiate and address the issues.

01/12/2010

Seven hours of poking and prodding throughout the 1200 sq ft home. Gave us the ammunition to go back to the seller and get another $2000.00 for repairs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Total home inspection on town house, from inside the attic to the outside amenities. Very thorough examination of all systems and appliances. Detailed written report with recommendations for repairs and replacements.

10/10/2009

I cannot possibly recommend Larry high enough. He is a master at what he does, his level of expertise is as good as it gets. He is patient, thorough, and gave us all the information we needed to make a good decision. We would certainly use Larry again in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have a historic home w/ a crawl space, which required an extreme amount of detail and expertise to access.

CATEGORY home inspection

OUR INSPECTIONS INCLUDE… Exterior Drainage Roof, Flashing, Chimney and Fireplace Exterior Walls, Siding, Masonry Foundation Windows, Doors, and Screens Electrical Plumbing Heating Air Conditioning Crawl Space Attic Stairs Floors, Walls, Ceilings Insulation Moisture and Leaks Garage and Drive Ventilation Bathrooms Decks Gutters and Downspouts Painting Also available… Wind Mitigation Inspections Four Points Inspections Pools & Spas Sprinklers Litigation Consultation New Construction One Year Wa