Jim Rutherford Construction & Remodeling LLC

Founded 2003 • Angie's List since February 2012

We will perform any type of residential construction, repair & remodeling services in the lower Florida Keys....

OPEN AIR COOLING LLC

A local family owned & run company with 25+ years experience. We specialize in prompt repairs, service and installations. we offer maintenance contracts on your units and are very knowledgeable on all replacement units for your home and business needs. call during business hours and our office staff will answer your call. leave a message after hour and you will get a call back ASAP. (305)509-7588 Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:30pm Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm SERVICING KEY WEST TO MARATHON

03/09/2016

He did a good job. He wasn't finished yet because he got to feeling ill so I told him to go home. His work was excellent. He cleaned up nice, follows up and if I am not here he sends me photographs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Last week, they came over and installed some mirror doors in the dressing area.

08/31/2015

I had a timeline in mind and tried to get everything set up, early, to meet that timeline. Mr Rutherford agreed that my timeline and expectations weren't unreasonable. The permitting process was very difficult. A lot of that rests with the county, however, there were a number of communication snafus that aggravated the process. Additionally, errors in the ordering of materials meant that I was lef...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Designed, permitted, and constructed a non-ADA compliant (increased slope at my request) ramp addition to my brand new home.

CATEGORY doors

Thank you for taking time to rate our service. We gave you a superior product but there were major issues with the Engineering and the County Building Department. Bottom line is as the Contractor of Record everything is my responsibility if not entirely my fault. Jim

04/26/2015

Contracted to build single family in twelve to fourteen month time frame,  Breached his contract after eighteen months when liquidated damages were about to take effect.   This occurred despite solving his issue cash flow issues that he hid from us for nearly a year and his still failing to make meaningful progress.  His lack of candor wasted our time and money.  Money he could have earned with ex...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Contracted to build new construction custom home.

CATEGORY electrician,handyman service,heating & air conditioning/hvac,home builders,doors

08/23/2014

Jim was prompt with his proposal and offered a location for us to see other doors he had installed.  His employee, Cody that installed our doors arrived on time every day (which in itself is a feat for Key West) cleaned up after himself and was professional and friendly.  The doors are very high quality and look wonderful!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced 3 sets of exterior double doors.

CATEGORY doors

Thank you for taking the time to rate our service. Jim

06/24/2014

I thought he was very thorough. He brought his engineer.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had some spalling work done on four pillars and a couple of cross members.

CATEGORY concrete repair,home builders

Concrete restoration, new construction, windows, doors, shutters, arch impact, docks, seawalls, siding, remodeling - kitchen, bath, railing, hot tub, gazebo, porch & deck.

Check, Financing Available