The Chief Handyman

Founded 1994 • Angie's List since June 2012

I am a proud retired USAF CMSGT who will treat your home like it was mine. Basic home repairs: Minor electric, minor plumbing, woodrot repair, gutter cleaning, wall repair, trim work, replace doors, adjust doors and just ask....

David Meyer Builder, Inc.

I am an Angie's List Super Service Award Winner every year from 2012 to 2017 and a Certified General Contractor (FLlic#CGC1507887) specializing in home additions, remodeling, maintenence and repair serving Destin and surrounding areas since 1980. I have 2 full time employees including myself. I do hire licensed and insured subcontractors when it saves money for the customer or speeds up the job, but generally I do most of the work with my employees. My estimates are free and my contracts are written. I am punctual and my work is neat, clean, and most excellent.

07/12/2019

He has helped me for the last seven years and he does quality work. His prices are unbeatable, he is on time, and we would highly recommend him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He has done a lot of handyman work for us.

12/13/2017

Excellent to work with, very professional with quality work. Would definitely hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace sink faucets in all bathrooms, repair broken door frame.

09/16/2017

Don Kreis did a great job. He took his time to make sure it was done right. He is very pleasant to talk with. He explained what he was doing and why. I will be sure to use him again and I would recommend him to everyone.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed kitchen ceiling repaired due to a water leak.

CATEGORY handyman service

Thank you, it was a joy working for you.

03/14/2017

The Chief arrived, concentrated all his effort on the job, completely accomplished the repair, and tidied the area before he left. He was flexible in scheduling the work, focused on the work at hand without taking breaks, and left no mess for me to clean. The columns look like new. He was quite pleasant and entirely professional. I asked for his business card and will call him to do repair work in...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair of column bases on the porch of my house.

CATEGORY handyman service,woodworking,house painters

03/05/2017

Mr. Kreis went out of his way to work me into his schedule and ensure the repair was completed before my appraisal and home inspection. The work was completed quickly and professionally, and the repaired part of the door frame blended in perfectly with the original wood.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a door frame with badly rotted wood that I needed repaired on a short time frame since I was planning to sell my house. Mr. Kreis proposed a solution using PVC instead of wood to keep the problem from reoccurring. A previous contractor told me the entire frame and door would need to be replaced. Mr. Kreis saved me approximately $1,200 dollars with essentially the same end result. . .and probably better, since with their solution the problem would have eventually reoccurred.

see above

Major construction, roofing, hauling, landscaping.

Satisfaction