Bay Area Pool Authority Inc

A69 REVIEWS

Founded 1994 • Angie's List since July 2007

509 County Line Rd E

Lutz, FL 33549

At Pool Authority, we craft the sort of backyard getaways you've dreamed about. Whether we build your pool or refinish your existing pool, completely redesign your pool into an amazing work of art, or just keep it going at its very best, we'll help ensure every pool is a sanctuary for family, friends, and fun. Full remodels with marquis quartz and pebble finishes. LICENSED #: CPC1458542....

Pool and Spa Service (68)Pool Sales Construction and Installation (5)Decks and Porches (2)Ceramic Tile (1)

02/22/2019

The collector tank on our condo pool broke, leaving our pool closed during the middle of snowbird season. After contacting over 10 companies that either would not get a quote to us, or could not perform the repairs, we turned to Angie's List and found John with Bay Area Pool Authority. He worked us into his schedule the same day, and took only 48 hours to come up with a very reasonable quote! I wo...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Commercial Swimming Pool repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/22/2019

09/20/2017

Great Service and communication before the service. Really good work and explained everything else as well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace Water Pump.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/20/2017

06/28/2017

We love them.  They're excellent.  We have a regular service.  They come once a week.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We're using them now.  We have pool service every week here.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/28/2017

05/12/2017

They redid my pool in 2015. They did come back and take care of things. Unfortunately I had to get a little vocal about it. The work they did, they did ok. It was warranty work. The issue has been resolved since. They did respond although it took them a while. Once they said they were going to show up they were on time. They're good guys actually. I was just a little frustrated.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They came out to clean up some scaling on the pool and explained why it was doing that. They gave me directions on how to treat the whole pool.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/15/2016

11/07/2016

Excellent! They had to fix things in order to get the lite to work & success!! Love these guys

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install a pool light

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/26/2016

Yes you had a 12 volt transformer and the light that was given to you was 120 volts. So we by passed the transformer and viola the light worked.

10/26/2016

They always return my calls promptly and have appeared on the job when they say they will. The pool equipment was replaced promptly and they cleaned my pool of all the debris from the tornado. The pavers look beautiful and I love the pattern they used to lay them. They arrived on time, pressure washed the decking, and laid the pavers. I am extremely happy with the service I receive from this compa...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have used this company for over five years for pool maintenance. They never have missed a week and my pool is always sparkling blue. I also used they to repair/replace all my pool equipment when a tornado hit my house. Recently I had them lay pavers around my pool, on my porch and my front walkway.

CATEGORY decks, pool cleaners

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/26/2016

09/22/2016

I had two estimates for my pool, and knew right away I wanted to go with John at Bay Area Pool Authority. During the estimate, he outlined the cost, but also provided a description of what the work entails and what to expect. I wasn't planning on taking the job immediately due to travel for work, but I let him know up front my estimated timeframe and verified when I returned whether the estimate w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Pool resurface and tile replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/15/2016

Yes thank you for the great review. I appreciate some of the points you gave me that I need to concentrate on. Like what to expect as the pool gets done. I used to have instructions to give the to the customer. Since, now the warranty is done on line and the chemical parameters are on those papers. I think that I should get back to giving those instructions out. Thanks again.

07/04/2016

The company came in and said that the project would take 2-3 weeks to do the job, however, it ended up taking almost 2 months. They did finish the job and it looked pretty good, with the exception of killing a significant area of grass near  the pool. This, though, is not the real problem. Earlier this year (approximately March 2016) we started noticing some strange stains appearing on the bottom ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The company, resurfaced our pool and replaced the tile.

CATEGORY ceramic tile, pool cleaners

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/30/2015

04/28/2016

They made an appointment with me to come out and see my pool. They did not call or show up on the day they had scheduled and I haven't heard from them since.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
What I wanted them to do was to give me an estimate for tile work around the top edge of my in-ground pool.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/15/2016

03/18/2016

Provider was helpful checked out pool and provided recommendations.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Checked out the pool and provided recommendations.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/24/2016

Pool Construction, Installation and Remodeling, Leak detection, Pool Service, Pool Repair, Deck Resurfacing, Re-Tile, Heat pump sales & installation. Pool light & timer repair. Automatic pool cleaner repair. Pump repairs. In-home orientation. One time clean up. Skimmer replacement.

Visa, MasterCard, Check, American Express, Financing Available