Joel E Berman CPA PA

Awards & Badges

Award 2018

801 West Bay Drive Suite #435

Largo, FL 33770

Joel E. Berman, CPA, serves the tax, accounting, and QuickBooks needs of small businesses and individuals in Pinellas and Western Hillsborough County, Tampa Bay, Florida. His mission is to reduce his clients tax liabilities as well as help their businesses grow. Joel has extensive tax preparation, planning, and resolution experience, including dealing directly with the IRS, and saving clients money in tax assessments. Over the years, he has developed unique strategies to help his clients organize their accounting records, improve business cash flow, and minimize corporate and individual tax liabilities. Joel specializes in a few niches: small business start-ups, businesses and individuals with complex IRS tax needs or problems, corporate dissolutions, and small business clients using QuickBooks. Some of the most common projects he works on include streamlining accounting systems for clients, saving clients money through tax planning, and resolving Cancellation of Debt cases resulting from foreclosure and short-sale transactions. He has a proven knowledge of IRS tax law and has been able to exclude over $2.5 million of income in Cancellation of Debt cases. Prior to starting his own firm, Joel spent several years in public accounting and private industry, always focused on small business. For several years he headed the accounting department of a multi-million dollar company in St. Petersburg, Florida. Joel has been a Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor since 2006 and is a member of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA). Over Joels expansive career, he has gained a strong work ethic. His dedication to excellence in accounting and customer service has repeatedly earned him the elite Super Service Award on Angies List as a top rated CPA. A native of California, Joel is a graduate of U.C.L.A. He moved to Florida in 1997. When he is not working, he enjoys swimming, traveling, Americana, old movies, classic TV shows, and his dogs....

Accountants/Tax Consultants (202)

03/25/2019

Excellent. Personable, inteligent, explains in terms that are understandable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Financial/ Tax advice, Taxes

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/27/2019

06/29/2018

Joel was prepared for our meeting in a way that was very impressive. He knows his stuff, and he'd studied up on our needs and was ready with solutions and recommendations. He is going to save my wife and I a good deal of money with wise and ethical planning. We're really pleased.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tax prep and tax planning

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/26/2018

05/08/2018

Super work and service. Personal taxes, three small buisnesses and non-profit filings.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tax accounting

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/08/2018

02/12/2018

The tax people I had been using just didn't do my taxes last year like they were supposed to, so I hired Joel Berman. He really helped me get the mess straightened out.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used him for tax preparation.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/01/2017

11/07/2017

Joel is fantastic! He knows what he is doing. He is polite, professional, communicative, and responds quickly. I never feel like I am bothering him and there is no dumb question. Joel stayed on top of my taxes, even though I am not the best client in getting taxes done, he was very kind and steadfast. My tax situation got too complicated for me and it involved a death in my family, so working with...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed 2016 personal taxes done, which required a review and refile of 2014 and 2015.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/02/2017

07/19/2017

Excellent. Joel is very knowledgeable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Handling my incorporation and tax documents.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/19/2017

05/16/2017

Joel was thorough and kept me informed of his progress. He answered any questions I had and explained the rational behind any decisions he made. Price was fair also.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Joel completed and e-filed my 2016 taxes.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/13/2017

05/08/2017

When the situation was explained to Joel he immediately had a plan and successfully got her taxes filed & current. He was very helpful, kind & professional. He will be doing mom's taxes from now on!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Unbeknownst to the family, our mother was unable to complete & submit her taxes & had gotten behind after she experienced a serious illness.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/04/2017

04/12/2017

Great experience. A little expensive, but the effort involved was not small. I'm very impressed by his professionalism and skill.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Taxes and financial advise.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2017

04/12/2017

Joel is an exceptional professional. He provided clear communication as to what my options are based on my professional goals, and helped me understand what the best course of action is, without making it seem like there was any pressure. He completed all of the necessary paperwork on my behalf without any hiccups or delay. I will continue to utilize Joel's expertise in the future as my CPA. I can...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Small business information and incorporation (S-corp)

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/05/2017

General accounting; includes computerized accounting & bookkeeping on a monthly, annual or hourly basis for small business owners. Tax preparation; includes Corporate, Partnership, Trust, Self-Employed and Individual income tax returns. We also do tax planning, tax projections, tax research and IRS problem consulting and representation. Other services include; business start-ups, Incorporation, LLC, Partnerships, dissolution, general business consulting and QuickBooks training and consultation.

Certified audits & reviews, mergers & acquisitions, governmental accounting.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover