Moving Ahead Services

Awards & Badges

Award 2018

2364 Old Combee Rd

Lakeland, FL 33805

Select our expert Lakeland movers for your next move. Stop your search for moving companies today! Located just east of Tampa, our Lakeland Florida office can help assist with moves in Tampa, and Orlando alike. From Munn Parks historic district to the far suburbs, and everything in between Moving Ahead Services has you covered!...

Moving Companies (163)Hauling (9)Handyman Services (6)House Cleaning (2)Home and Garage Organization (2)Piano Movers (1)Storage (1)Delivery Service (1)Warranty Companies - Non-Home (1)

01/09/2020

Very pleased with the services received and would highly recommend

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moving services

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/09/2020

01/01/2020

The Move went VERY well..NOTHING broken and great bunch of movers!! will use them again

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
moved us to our new home

CATEGORY moving companies, piano moving

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/23/2019

12/16/2019

The whole team from start to finish was very professional. Liz and Kayla followed up with me after my initial quote and to see if I had any questions. We had to delay the move by 1 week and they worked everything out with me by email and phone. The movers were very professional (Josh and crew) and wrapped everything so there was no damage. I was very happy with the service and the cost estimate wa...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Small local move from house to condo

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/30/2019

07/26/2019

I love it! They were great, they did everything what they said to do. They showed up on time, very professional, and a little bit pricey but it's worth it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They loaded my things here in Florida and deliver it to Virginia..

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/23/2019

07/04/2019

Perfection. The ladies were awesome. We all were a team in arrangement of items and their responsiveness to our family’s needs. Super job. They are returning this week.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Organizing and cleaning

CATEGORY house cleaning, moving companies, home & garage organization

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/02/2019

03/12/2019

Never heard anything from the he vendor in response to my inquiry from your site. Very disappointed. Job is still waiting to be done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Packing dishes

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/12/2019

[Member Name Removed], I apologize about the delay. As over the last few years, Angies List has changed, and they continue to send us local leads for customers out of our local service area in Florida although we requested for only long distance moving help all over the U.S. As our inbox gets flooded with requests that we are unable to service since they are out of our area, sometimes messages get...

12/21/2017

All went well except the truck broke down AFTER it was loaded. All items had to be loaded onto another truck. But the two movers were very professional and kept their attitude positive even though they had to sit and wait for new truck to arrive and then load new truck. These men were excellent employees in their work ethics and cheerful attitude. Worked extra hard to keep our move at the 3 hours.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
LOCAL MOVE

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/19/2017

11/27/2017

I was hospitalized with pneumonia the week before my planned move. That meant that the days I intended to pack my home were spent out of commission. I leaned heavily on extra pack/move services from Start Moving. The movers were so careful with my things when packing, and they worked two LONG days and then a little more on the third day. I really don't know how we would have gotten it done if not ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had a full house 3600 sq ft local move. They packed and moved everything, even my huge planters full of plants.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/27/2017

C

08/24/2017

Please get all verbal requests and moving specifications in writing and in the contract, as this company is very deceptive and demand full disclosure prior to any payment. I cannot understand all the good ratings for this company. I feel the movers did a good job in physically moving the items, however.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had them move a family members' belongings instate. My issue is with the representative who we dealt with by phone, planning the move, that was deceptive and as a result, created a very stressful situation for us with this move. For example: The rep. knew in advance that a 2-story home was involved and we were told that all precautions for protecting the carpet would be arranged. The men said they weren't aware. We still have caret stains; a price reduction was to be corrected by this rep. prior to the move. It wasn't, which resulted in an awkward call to the owner; a detailed inventory was to be taken, per this rep., that accounted for all that was loaded into the truck, prior to them leaving. The men stated they never take such an inventory; this rep. even failed to share that this company had a consignment shop, when it was told to us that they haul away goods for charities and a donation slip provided. This resulted in the men wasting time in removing what we thought would be our tax donated furniture, since they do not provide tax related donation receipts; lastly, payment was made for 2 wardrobe boxes, which the men didn't use, and no attempt was made by the company to credit, nor did they at least give us the 2 unused boxes! Also, no attempt was made to box the mattress and expensive TV, even though the rep. stated this would be done as part of the move.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/12/2017

We apologize if there was any misunderstanding, we always operate under the same set of rules: 1) We do accept donated furniture for our consignment shop, however we are a for profit company and do not offer a tax write off slip to anyone. 2) We do not cover stairs because it would make moving very dangerous and our shoes or dollies have not caused any stains to occur in our 12 years of business. ...

08/03/2017

They were good. They were excellent. We needed two moving trucks. They had to load it, take it back to Lakeland and then come here. Because it took so long,they wouldn’t have been able to do it in one day. It was a two day move. It is like 100 miles from where we live to where we moved.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They moved a house out.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/15/2016

Long Distance Moving, Local Moving, Labor Only Moving, Packing & Unpacking, Moving Advice, Delivery Service.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal