LD Phillips Company

B 8 Reviews

Founded 1989 • Angie's List since May 2014

12544 Sapp Road

Jacksonville, FL 32226

L.D. Phillips Company has over 30 years of experience. We are a local family-owned and operated professional fireplace and wood burning stove provider. Our company is not licensed to install or make repairs to gas fireplace. Also, at this time we are unable to install or repair electric fireplaces. We offer a wide range of services from cleaning to installs for residential properties. L.D. Phillips Company strives to provide you with a higher quality by eliminating the need for you to perform detailed and time consuming tasks. Your time should be spent enjoying your family, friends, and participating in activities you enjoy, not looking for a contractor to perform these services! We strive to gain customer trust and respect and create the project of your dreams. We believe referral is one major key of success so we hope you will send your friends to a screened and approved contractor like L.D. Phillips Company....

chimney cap repair (6)fireplace services (3)chimney repair (2)masonry (2)chimney sweep (1)

12/29/2020

I left a message for them to contact me. They contacted me and asked if they could call the following Monday to schedule an appointment. I replied yes, please call me Monday. I never heard another word from them. I did not reach out and contact them a second time because they did not follow through, which led me to believe they were very unprofessional. Another company was co tasted and they took ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair of chimney floor and crack in the back wall of the fireplace.

CATEGORY masonry,fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/21/2020

11/08/2020

The company contacted us immediately and provided an estimate for the work within 48 hours. The work was completed promptly and the team that did the work were extremely professional and completed the work in under an hour. I couldn't be more pleased.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace the original chimney cap on the house which had rusted and started leaking

CATEGORY chimney caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/08/2020

We appreciate your good review Mr. [Member Name Removed] ! Thank You ! Deborah Phillips

06/12/2020

Prior to home renovation beginning, I had the firebox and chimney inspected by LD Phillips. I was told a new spark arrestor was needed and that the cap need to be cleaned and painted. I agreed to have the new spark arrestor installed and asked that they install a new chimney cap rather than paint the existing. As part of the renovations the face of the interior fireplace surround was removed which...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Spark Arrestor & Chimney Cap Replacement

CATEGORY chimney caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/06/2020

12/24/2019

It went great,on time and it took 30 minutes less than the estimated time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Convert gas fireplace to wood burning.

CATEGORY chimney caps,fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/20/2019

11/07/2019

Knowledgeable, friendly & efficient.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repaired collar on the chimney cap & new concrete pad in the fireplace

CATEGORY chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/26/2019

Thanks for your review !!!
D

07/18/2019

Never received a single phone call or contact from this company

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fireplace build

CATEGORY masonry,chimney caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/28/2019

11/26/2018

Showed up on time and quickly proceeded to get to work. Made billing easy with a quick call when they were done. Would definitely hire again for next season.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney/Fireplace cleaning

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/20/2018

04/24/2018

The crew arrived on time, made the repairs I had contracted for, explained what they were doing along the way, and left the job neat and clean. Of 4 chimney contractors I had bid on this repair job, L D Phillips was the only one who could do the complete work needed. Very satisfied.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney spark arrestor replaced; copper wind guard repaired; metal firebox repaired.

CATEGORY chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/19/2018

Installs: Prefabricated Wood Burning Fireplaces, Fireplace Surround(Customer has the choice of stone, brick, or coral), Fireplace Mantles, Chimney Caps, Chase Covers, Windshields, Spark Arrestor, Flue Pipes, Dampers, Refractory Panels, Repairs: Chimney, Firebox, Exterior, Deteriorated Brick or Cross Points, Updates: Aesthetic Updates to Surround, Replacing Firebox, Cleaning: Chimney Sweeping,

Gas or electric fireplaces.