Jax Furniture Refinishing & Upholstering

A 81 Reviews

Founded 2009 • Angie's List since April 2011

8775 Arlington Expy

Jacksonville, FL 32211

Offering professional custom upholstering, furniture refinishing, and antique restoration. We are a family business and offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We offer free in home estimates and free pickup of your furniture. Our standard charge for delivery is $75. There may be an additional charge for large pieces or extended travel time. We have a large selection of fabrics to choose from for our upholstering service. We can bring them to you to look at or you can stop by our shop. Please call ahead, we are often out on estimates, pickups, and deliveries....

furniture refinishing (77)upholstery (25)upholstery cleaning (3)cabinet refacing (1)

12/01/2020

They did a beautiful job to repair a table leg with a very bad break. After the repair you cannot tell anything happened.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furniture repair

CATEGORY furniture repair,cabinet refacing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/30/2020

Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know you are pleased with our work. We hope you enjoy the table for years to come. Take care!

10/07/2020

Very informative but there is a 6 week waiting list

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Reupholstered furniture

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/07/2020

HI [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for leaving a review even though you have not used our services. We normally run around 4 weeks out. Since the pandemic, we have been extremely busy and our wait time has increased significantly. We hope you will think of us again in the future. Take Care!

03/29/2020

Postponed due to the virus. I will definitely follow up with them. Seemed professional and reasonable

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furniture repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/29/2020

We look forward to working with you! Take care!

08/13/2019

The quality of the fabric was excellent and the chairs look amazing.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New fabric on chairs

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/06/2019

Thank you so much for your review! I also thought [Member Information Removed] chairs looked amazing with [Member Information Removed] fabric you picked. I can't wait to see how [Member Information Removed] wing back chairs turn out.

01/25/2019

all went well. we dropped off furniture on Monday and picked up on Thursday.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
switched out old sofa and oversized chair cushions and replaced with new

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/24/2019

Thank you so much for leaving your review! We love to hear that you are happy with our work. We hope to work with you again!
C

12/08/2018

Took weeks longer than told it would be.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refinish coffee table.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/08/2018

Thanks for your review. It looks like you called us for an estimate 5 weeks ago. Most refinishing projects take at least a couple weeks and depending on how the project goes can take longer, depending on a lot of factors outside of our control. Furniture refinishing is finicky work. We are told by our customers that we are more efficient than any other furniture shop in town, but regardless, furni...

06/13/2018

The result was remarkable. The piece looks new, the repairs done invisible. I had no idea how beautiful the piece was under the 50+ years of grime and neglect.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A fifty year + old chest of drawers refinished

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/13/2018

The chest did turn out beautiful! Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are thrilled to hear how happy you are and we hope to work with in the future! Take care!

06/10/2018

They were easy to work with and did a lovely job. I now have them stripping a bookshelf and staining it for me. This is the third time I have used them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used them 3 times. They refinished 3 dressers for me that were my parents. They sanded them down and I chose a lighter stain and bought new knobs and handles. They look wonderful and work better with my decor. I also had 2 wicker chairs painted another color and had the cushions reupholstered. The chairs look like new and fit the decor of my new house.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/08/2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review! It is a pleasure working with you! I can't wait to see how the piece we have now turns out. We will see you soon!

05/26/2018

They were very friendly and engaged, talked with me a lot about my furniture when I brought it in and when I picked it up. Very helpful with loading and unloading. Because of my interest in collectible furniture, proudly showed me some unusual pieces they were working on for other customers. All around good experience.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired and refinished mid-century modern dining table and chairs.

COST $2,643.75

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/25/2018

Thank you so much for the kind words, it was such a pleasure speaking with you and showing you some of the pieces we are working on. We look forward to working with you in the future on additional pieces.

05/03/2018

Excellent refinish job. The cushions on the chairs were too thick and they were more than happy to cut the foam down and redo them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refinish dining room table and chairs

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/03/2018

Photo for Jax Furniture Refinishing & Upholstering - 8775 Arlington Expy, Jacksonville, FL - 37038084

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the work we did for you! We are so happy to hear how much you love the chairs and table. It looks beautiful in your home! We hope to work with you again in the future! Take care!

Custom Upholstering. Furniture Refinishing. Antique Restoration. Caning. Furniture Repairs.

Auto or boat upholstery.