A Cut Above Outdoor Specialty Services

A 12 Reviews

Founded 1998 • Angie's List since January 2014

11972 Elizabeth Ann Ct

Jacksonville, FL 32223

If you are dreaming of making your homes outdoor living area "A Cut Above the Rest" you have found the right company!! From the design process through construction our team will be with you every step of the way!! We pride ourselves on creating the best environments for each clients individual wants and needs. Our team is "A Cut Above the Rest" in building patios,driveways, pergolas, summer kitchens, outdoor fireplaces, fire pits, water features, landscape & patio lighting, stonework & much much more!!...

hardscaping (9)landscaping (4)irrigation system (3)mulch delivering (2)home remodeling (1)tree service (1)concrete driveway installation (1)tile installation (1)

02/29/2020

Can't say enough good things about this company. They did a wonderful job removing our old cracked concrete driveway/path and replacing with be a beautiful paver driveway. They were patient as we chose our color/plans, gave helpful advice on the new paver choices, and did an outstanding job re-leveling our driveway and installing a drain system/sod as well. I would hire them again in a second. Tha...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete paver driveway install, sod install, and drainage system install (and demo of old concrete driveway)

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/09/2019

Thank you so much for the kind words and trusting us to make your home "A Cut Above"!! Glad your loving the new curb appeal Thanks again!!

12/06/2019

Shawn came out on October 19 for large job quote. He spent over an hour withe me. He said he was backed up after the Home and Patio show, it may be a little over a week or so before he gets me a quote. It's 7 weeks later, have not heard anything from him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Large Patio and Pool Job

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/06/2019

09/09/2018

Had leftover pavers from new pool deck and wanted to add space for my grill on one side and a small path on the other side. Shawn and his guys did an amazing job matching up against the existing paver section, looks amazing. Exceeded my expectations.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Paver Installation

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/06/2018

07/22/2018

Top quality work was performed on time and on budget. Shawn and Tanner were very professional and two of the nicest guys to work with. They are knowledgeable about their craft providing me confidence that I chose the right company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install pavers in driveway, walkway, and entry way

CATEGORY concrete driveway, irrigation systems, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/09/2018

06/19/2017

As a working mom with active children, my schedule can be pretty hectic. Mr. White worked with this crazy schedule by coming to my home outside of his business hours to do the initial consultation. As he discussed the options with me and we measured my yard, I was pleased to learn that I had over-budgeted. Shawn suggested using some of my extra allocated money to add a wood burning fire pit for th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My family needed an extension added to our pool patio area. With several children and dogs running around, we found that the standard 3 or 4 foot decking simply wasn't enough space.

CATEGORY landscaper, remodeling, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/05/2017

05/19/2017

I wish there was the opportunity to give a rating of A+. Shawn and his team were excellent from start to finish. We had them build an outdoor kitchen for us. From the initial contact Shawn was very responsive and followed through as promised. His attention to detail was excellent and matched even my OCD standards! His team showed up on time, worked quickly to finish the job, and left the area clea...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Outdoor kitchen and drainage

CATEGORY landscaper, irrigation systems

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/28/2017

Thank you so much for the review & allowing us to build it for you & your family!! We know there will be many great memories made there!!

03/28/2017

I could not be happier. They installed a drain system to take water away from the area, moved my lawn irrigation as stated in the estimate and installed a conduit for the electric to the kitchen set at my request. At the end they moved the kitchen setup, approximately 450 lbs., to the patio for me. Instead of hauling all the sod and topsoil away I requested the locate some of it at various places ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed a patio area installed for an outdoor kitchen. I had talked with Shawn at the home show and called to see how quick we could get the work completed. Due to our leaving town in two days Shawn came that evening and completed an estimate by the next day. The design, his recommendations on pavers, and cost were all in line with my needs. We approved and set a start date for the morning we returned home. They were on time and completed the job in two days as scheduled. The finished patio looked better than I had originally pictured it in my mind. We have used it everyday sense completion.

CATEGORY landscaper, irrigation systems, mulch, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/20/2017

Thank you so much for allowing us to build it for you!! So glad you and your family are getting great use of the area!!

01/12/2015

Everything went well until after the winter season (April-May 2014) when several plants died.  I contacted Sean, the owner, to come out and review the shrubs to replace the plants that died under my contract. He responded to my initial communication that he would come out that week.  More than a month later, he stated that he came out and looked at the plants that died.  He stated that he knocked ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscape services including removing old plant material, installing new plant material, an ornamental tree, mulch, and metal edging.  Contract included a one year warranty on all plant material if it died for any reason.

CATEGORY landscaper, mulch, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/05/2013

09/15/2014

Shawn, Just wanted to express our satisfaction in the Summer Kitchen you and your company installed for us, it is beautiful and we appreciate your professional and excellent job! Thank you Bob And Julie

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Summer Kitchen

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/05/2014

01/30/2014

They did an incredible job. The design work was very professional and they completed the work two weeks ahead of schedule. I am going to be using their service again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They buit and outdoor paver patio, pergola and paver walkway from the front door to the backyard and extended the driveway by adding pavers. For part of the pergola, they added columns around the pergola posts and sealed everything.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/30/2013

Summer Kitchens, Outdoor Fireplaces(gas or wood), Stone installation(anywhere), Hardscaping (driveways,patios,walkways), Landscape/patio Lighting, Pergolas, Irrigation, Pressure washing/sealing, Retaining/seating walls, Fire pits (gas or wood) & much much more

Lawn maintenance services, Tree removal