Able Quality Contracting

Founded 1975 • Angie's List since June 2007

C Rated | 32 Reviews

Additional DBA - Able Mitch's Handyman Services, Liberty Partners Services LLC, Able Mold Testing & Remediation Services....

DOT Electric Inc.

184  REVIEWS
DOT Electric Inc.

**Currently booked up to 2 weeks in advance. This is not an issue affecting service changes. Specializing in Service & Panel changes. Special pricing on coupons & sales exclude permit costs & replacing fire damaged panels. Existing sub feed wires must reach new terminals to qualify for discount pricing. **DOT Electric Inc. is a family owned and operated business. After years of owning rental property and providing families with a place to call home. After graduating at the top of his class, from a state accredited school (ABCI), I found great pleasure in helping families live comfortably in their homes. Weather it was solving an electrical issue or installing new fixtures and lighting. I am dedicated to providing quality customer service. 1) I don't make promises unless I can keep them. 2) I will give your concerns my full attention. 3) I will be helpful, courteous, And knowledgeable. 4) I will take the extra step to serve you.

Award 2019

10/17/2014

We contacted Able Quality to re-do part of our sidewalk (patch, cutting), required because of the new pavers being installed. They suggested to do minor fixes rather than replace the entire sidewalk. Much cheaper! They were always very responsive and appreciate them helping us save a ton of money. They treated us well and the job done quickly. We highly recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fix sidewalk

04/17/2014

It was a nightmare. Poor quality workmanship, days with nothing being done. Everything that was done was done poorly and had to be redone at least once.  In fact the entire bathroom had to be demod again.  They left trash, debris, cabinets, and broken tiles all over until we had to ask them to remove it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bathroom remodeling.

06/20/2013

I'm confused by all of the negetive comments about this company.  I have used them in the past with excellent results.  I was ready to replace my dirty cracked asphalt driveway and extend my front door walk way...so I called Able Quality Services.  Jefferson, their salesman,  met with me for our appointment.  He measured the area and suggested I meet with him at his showroom to pick out the paver ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Able removed my existing driveway and front walkway and replaced it with new paver stones

04/22/2013

Things went just fine.  I have recommended Able to plentyof other people.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have had remodeling work by Able Quality many times and have not been disappointed once.  They are on time, priced reasonably and when there is a problem...they correct it.

CATEGORY drywall,electrician,hardwood floor repair,plumbing,remodeling,marble & granite,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters

03/16/2013

For all of your tile needs, my referral will always be Tiles of Pompano. The owner is a class A act. She is fully knowledgeable of industry standards, and has A quality tile installers working for her. Her name is Jill. Go see her now!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dear Consumer.  For your own best interest. Please beware of Florida Quality Contractors aka Able Quality Services.  They have a few branches, so be aware of this also, Hollywood is the primary location. The owner Mitch Feinglas is a liar, cheater and a thief. He does not stand by his word. Adam will provide you with an estimate, that is not itemized. According to my attorney this is WRONG!! Dan, the supervisor will never be on time, make promises that he can't keep. I PROMISE you that!!! After a horrible tile installation, and not following national tile industry standards, Mr. Feinglas proceeded to lie throughout the tile installation, and after.  Mr. Feinglas is/was unaware of The TCNA. Tile Council of North America. All contractors and tile installers should be aware of this, and follow their standards. PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELF PRIOR to any tile installation. The information below is copy and pasted from a certified flooring inspector, Floor Eyes Inspection. The report was sent to Mr. Feinglas and his attorney. Mr Feinglas came to my condo to do an inspection. His "expert", took 5 photos with his smartphone, and the results were nil. I promise you all, the information below is copied and pasted from the inspection report. I have absolutely no reason to lie!! Unfortunately I can't post pictures on this site. Mr. Feinglas is not up to date on industry standards, he didn't even know there were industry standards. He pays for cheap labor, which results in the findings below. Overall, if Able Quality Services, Mitch Feinglas were a class operation, I would not be posting. I would have no reason to!!  Enjoy your readings. This reports speaks for itself.  Invoice #: 12-4570 History:  • Rectified porcelain tile installed throughout apartment.  • Consumer complaint is lippage of the tile edges at the grout lines.  • Missing grout at the joints, entrance doors and along window edge  Findings:  • Installation type is a mud dot installation over a concrete slab.  • This is an above grade ceramic tile installation with underlayment.  • Tile was installed with butt line grout joints. (Edge to edge).  • Grout was found to be missing from its original installed position do to improper sized grout lines.  • The required minimum grout joint thickness for ceramic/porcelain tile is 1/8 inch or wider, as needed to eliminate any lippage issues.  • 1/32nd of an inch is the allowable tolerance for height/ lippage in ceramic/rectified tile.  • To eliminate the lippage of the tiles, the grout joint would be required to be opened wider than the minimum 1/8th inch wide grout line  • Rectified (machined edged) porcelain tile has the same warpage tolerances as ceramic tile, three quarters of one percent. 0.0075 % Diagonal, Straight edge warpage tolerance is one percent. 1.00 % tolerance.  • The warpage of the tile units are within warpage tolerance according to American National Standards Institute (A.N.S.I.) 108 & Tile Council of America (T.C.A.) 2008.  • Missing grout is at many of the grout joints due to improper installation of the tile units being an edge to edge grout line.  • The grout was not able to penetrate into the joint in order to hold its position.  • The required minimum depth for the grout is to be a minimum of 75 % of the thickness of the tile unit being installed.  • I did not find any required expansion material (soft joint) installed in the apartment.  • The placement of expansion material is a requirement for tile installations is to be placed every 8 to 12 feet apart, in both directions of the installation, and in the walk through areas and door casings under 72 inches wide.  • The windows and doors require a transition trims at those areas to finish the open tile edges.  • Those cut tile edges are uneven and missing soft joint material against a metal substance or frame, it now has a hard mortar grout line against the metal frame.  • This mortar should not have been placed against the metal window frame.  • The tile substrate is within tolerance of being in plane, 1/16th of an inch in 3 lineal feet, 1/8th inch in six lineal feet & 3/16th of an inch in ten lineal feet. Conclusion:  This complaint is justified as an installation mis-specification and improper installation related issues.  At this point the only way to correct the consumer’s justified complaint is to replace all the flooring material installed and start again.  SEE PICTURES FOR CONFIRMATION OF FINDINGS .

CATEGORY bathroom & kitchen remodeling

Remodeling of home, bathroom & kitchen, handyman, doors, windows, tile, hardwood and laminate flooring, interior & exterior painting, mold remediation, water damage restoration, pressure washing, hurricane shutters, plumbing & chinese drywall remediation.

$10