House Doctors: Stephen Scott Quality Service Inc

B 26 Reviews

Founded 1980 • Angie's List since November 2010

1901 NW 67th Pl Ste J

Gainesville, FL 32653

House Doctors - Quality Service Stephen Scott in Gainesville, FL offers a wide array of kitchen and bathroom remodeling and home improvement work. Serving Gainesville for 25 years, we guarantee quality service at affordable rates. We know you deserve the best, and that's why we always aim to deliver top-notch service in every job that we perform. We are affiliated with the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau. We are licensed and insured....

home remodeling (20)house painting (6)interior painting (5)handyman (5)home remodeling (4)siding (4)pressure washing (4)electrician (3)plaster (2)ceiling fan installation (2)lighting installation (2)general contracting (2)

08/23/2018

Went very well. Very good job. Hired on several occasions.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painting; wood floor installation; pressure washing, patio installation, Door installation, ceiling fan

CATEGORY handyman service, remodeling, pressure washing, ceiling fans, house painters, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/23/2018

11/28/2017

Tiling work on floor A+, wall tiling B, baseboards D, carpet work A

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
tiling & base board installation; would only rehire for floor tile work

CATEGORY contractors, remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2017

Thanks so much for your Review [Member Name Removed] we hope you use us again!

06/23/2016

This was the worst contractor we have ever hired!! We hired Stephen to power wash our home & decks. Also, they were to be stained!! Two workers were sent out and they didn't start working till noon and ended at 4.  Our house was left with major streaking all over the place; the decks unfinished!! I put a call in to Stephen that night and asked him to please come out the next day so that he could s...

CATEGORY pressure washing

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/16/2016

12/07/2015

Very responsive to initial call for estimate. Estimate was within a couple of dollars of others. Used Stephen before so used again. Initial estimate was kicked to my junk folder but after that mix up all went well. Good quality work. Will use in the future for other jobs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed wallboard to close up lighting valance to prepare for installation of can lights. Just did the wallboard and plaster work.

CATEGORY electrician, lighting, plastering, remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/16/2015

09/21/2015

They came and looked at the job. It's been about 4 weeks and I have heard nothing back.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They were to provide me with an estimate for remodeling my bathroom.

CATEGORY bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/21/2015

07/25/2015

I was very pleased with Stephen's work.  Stephen gave me a detailed written estimate prior to the work.  He was courteous and the work was done in a timely manner.  He was also flexible in his payment arrangements.  I could not pay the full amount at the time of service.  He allowed me to make two payments.  I would highly recommend Stephen for any household work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced broken window in door.  Reattached bedroom door, but had to shave bottom of door because it was scraping the floor. Installed doorknobs for the front door and garage door.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/06/2015

01/20/2015

Never followed through on any of the estimates.   Sidewalk repair was started then the guy left and I never heard from him or Scott. Stove vent was checked out and planned but I could never get in touch with the person doing the work so I had someone else do the job. Never got an estimate for the deck.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gave me estimates.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2014

10/30/2014

I asked for a quote on a leaky window and he responded and setup a time. I found the leak and canceled the appointment. Very professional and a very quick response. I will use him if something else comes up.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
wasn't needed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/30/2014

C

08/13/2014

I'm giving this fellow C's not for any defect in his workmanship -- there was no work done. But rather for a lack of communication. He arrived promptly to look at the job and was pleasant to talk to. He said he'd have someone come to take measurements. So far; so good. However, there was no call back and no estimate done. This may not be all that unusual, but it seems to me, that it's only common ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Asked for estimates to redo siding on house with Hardie board planks.

CATEGORY remodeling, siding

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/30/2014

06/21/2014

They are clean and work well. I cant say enough about them! They know exactly what I want. They are perfect and I enoyed working with them. They perform excellent work! They even clean up after themselves, leaving no messes left at the end of the day.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Completed repairs with gutters, completed painting work, and completed a lot of work with replacing dead wood.

CATEGORY remodeling, siding, house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/21/2014

Total Home Care. soffits, fascia, screen rooms, aluminum gutters, pressure cleaning, insulation, concrete, plaster, windows, sheet rock, wallpaper, drop panel ceilings, Popcorn ceiling removal, Kitchens, cabinets, countertops, Tile, entertainment centers, fireplaces, showers, bathroom vanities, closet systems, furniture refinishing, brick, fences, stucco, custom painting, doors and trim work, crown moldings, custom carpentry, Carpet and vinyl work. all flooring.

House Doctors: Stephen Scott Quality Service Inc does not hold a Florida General Contractor License and cannot perform structural work. Ask for details.