Downtown Transmissions

A 19 Reviews

Founded 1999 • Angie's List since May 2010

1543 S State Road 7

Davie, FL 33317

We are a family owned and run business. Ross and Steve are not only the technicians but they are the ones that will be doing the rebuilding and repair itself.They are the ones you talk to from the start. They daignois the problem and then they do the repairs themselves. The price you are quoted will be the price you pay. No hidden charges. Contact Ross Kempes and Steve Biggs for any and all questions....

transmission service (19)auto repair (1)

03/27/2018

They did a great job. I definitely recommend them for this type of work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rebuilt transmission on 2007 Toyota Rav 4

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/22/2018

Satisfaction is our main goal. We are happy you are satisfied. Thank you.
D

12/02/2017

I took my Jeep wrangler in to fix a small oil and transmission fluid leak. After Downtown worked on my Jeep, the transmission fluid leak worsened from one or two drops to huge puddle that ran the length of the car down the garage. I returned 3 additional times to fix the leak without success. Had to take jeep to other garage to fix.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fix transmission leak in 99 Jeep Wrangler

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/02/2017

10/25/2017

need to go back for some adjustments. jerks a bit

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
replaced transmission

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/29/2017

We will be glad to check this out. Bring the vehicle in & we will check it out.

10/31/2016

I went in convinced I had a transmission problem. Was actually ready to have the tranny rebuilt but the owner of the shop told me it was just a simple problem that an engine mechanic could fix. And we was not only right but the repair only cost a few hundred dollars. Many other shops would have just rebuilt a perfectly working transmission since most of us non mechanically able people would not kn...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
No work was done.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/31/2016

We appreciate your business and the fact that you took the time to review us. We do try to look out for the best interest of our customers. Again Thanks.

09/29/2014

Our 1991 Mercedes 560 SEC was towed to Downtown Transmissions and Ross Kempes handled everything for us. He was substantially less money for a transmission plus installation then anyone near us. Finished the job quickly and the car has been cruising along since. Great people to have service your automobiles.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed a new transmission on my 1991 560 SEC Mercedes.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/04/2014

Thank You for your response. Our # 1 priorities are quality work & customer satisfaction. We appreciate your business and the good words.

07/26/2014

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BUSINESS!!!  They were a lifesaver.  I had my van towed to a repair shop that I had been to a few times and they gave me an estimate for $1800 - $2000 for my transmission.  Well, I just didn't have it so I was planning on just towing it back home when my dad said, "didn't you just join Angie's list? Why don't you see if they have any tranmission places.  So, I did!!!  It tu...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired my van - it WASN'T the transmission.

CATEGORY auto repair,transmission repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/13/2014

Thank you for your business. We try to always please our customers & to fix the problem. We do appreciate your business & are very pleased you are satisfied. Thank you.

05/02/2014

I have had a very bad experience with this shop.  I am going to attach the two letters that I have sent the shop, as it explains the situation according to my version of things. ________________________________________ 1ST LETTER - SENT APRIL 15TH, 2014 Downtown Transmissions Steve & Ross 1543 S State Road 7 Davie, FL 33317 Dear Sirs,     I am writing to you today to ask for a full refund of the $...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced the transmission in my Ford Freestar van with a rebuilt transmission.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/27/2013

03/28/2014

The service was performed on time, and at a reasonable cost.  The two owners were professional as were their staff.  After a day of use, a leak around the filter gasket was detected.  The leak was corrected by tightening bolts around the filter gasket.  All is well since then.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Leaks were repaired in the transmission of a 25 year old Dodge SUV.  Inspection was made, and adjustments were performed.  Fluid and filter were replaced.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2013

Thank you [removed member name] . Our goal is to repair the problem & to satisfy our customers. We appreciate your business.

03/25/2014

I was a little paranoid about my Camry. It felt like there were times when it might have slipped a gear while I was driving at low speed, but it was hard to tell and I'm no mechanic. I just know shifting problem=transmission=an expensive fix. Ross at Downtown Transmissions took it in without an appointment, drove it around and scanned it right away. He came back and said he couldn't find anything ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
If nothing is wrong, they'll tell you. Very honest guys as far as I'm concerned

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/25/2014

[Member name removed], thank you for choosing our transmission repair shop. We are happy we could help ease your concerns.

02/01/2014

very pleasant and informative. Will definitely use again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired two of our vehicles,

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/13/2013

Thank you for choosing our transmission repair shop! We appreciate your business and hope we can help you again in the future.

Transmission Repair, rear ends, axles