Find top-rated Service Providers

Find Top-Rated Coral Springs Medical Specialists

There are 23 top-rated medical specialists in your area and 463 to avoid.

After 20 years, it's now free to join.

  • More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
  • Nationwide Coverage
  • Trusted Ratings
Join Angie's List Now To see all 23 highly rated companies in Coral Springs

Medical Specialist reviews in Coral Springs

Real People ~ Real Reviews ~ Real Results

  • Worst experience in my 36 years with a medical provider, office manager, multiple nurses, and OBGYN.
    After setting up my first appointment with Marin Rands as my previous OB was no longer covered by my ins, I got a call from intake and they asked a lot of detailed questions about the reason for my visit. On the day of my appointment I arrived 15 mins early and filled out the typical paperwork including info on my pregnancy. After waiting over 45 mins I was called back by a rather unfriendly nurse who proceeded to answer her personal cell phone two times while getting my vitals. I was left to wait another 45 mins in the room when the nurse finally came back and said I was to follow her for my ultrasound? I was taken to a room and left to wait another hour. After the ultrasound was completed I was collected and made to wait in yet another room for close to an hour. The nurse came in to tell me Marin would be in soon and at this time I told her I was upset I had been waiting so long to which she replied "don't get mad at me!". Finally Marin Rand came in and I advised her how long I had been waiting and asked why I had an ultrasound. She replied because I had not had care before and she needed to make sure all was ok. I replied that I have been under the care of an OB since I was 3.5 weeks, have had 6 ultrasounds and gave all this information to the intake person who called me after I made the appointment. She replied she could not find the intake sheet so just assumed this was my first visit! She did not think to ask me? Or look at the paperwork I filled out when I got to the office? THEN she LEFT the room saying she would find out what happened making me wait even longer! She came back with the office manager who assured me I would not be charged for the ultrasound. Marin then said "lets get you scheduled for your next appointment" Really? I had to demand that she address my issues which she made me feel rushed through. She then advised me to go make my follow up appointment and she would bring out my prescriptions to me. I ran into the office manager in the hallway and she said I could leave that Marin could call those in. I got a call when I got home that Marin cannot do this and that I need to come back and get the prescriptions! Well I got busy and then had to leave town. Unfortunately while out of town a migraine hit and I did not have my prescription. I called the on call Dr and was told she needed to call me back. 2 hours later no call back and I am in a lot of pain so I call back and am told that the Dr is in a delivery and all her calls are being held but she will call me back shortly. 5 hours go by so I call back and am told a different Dr called in a script for me hours ago. No one notified me of this so now the pharmacy is closed. I had to drive 45 mins to a 24 hour pharmacy.
    Fast forward a week, I am now back in town and out of the few pills they prescribed and have yet another migraine. I leave multiple messages asking for the original script to be called in (the previous one called in was a diff one and just a few). The nurse waits till after hours to call me and I cannot reach her back. Next day she does not call me back. THIRD day and she leaves me a message saying a drug was prescribed to me that never was and that she finally called in a few more pills to the pharmacy. I also left a message for the office manager who has yet to call me back. OH and Marin Rands was to call me by noon after my appointment after reviewing my file and never did.
    - Stacy B.
  • He is very thorough and good. My mom has used him since 2001 or 2002. He is an Indian doctor. The waiting time to see him is not very long. He spends time to talk with us and we can ask questions and he will answer them. Any concerns we have, we can put them to him and he will answer them. His office and staff are beautiful.
    - Haley M.
  • They are wonderful and they have been around forever. Dr. DeFreese has the best bedside manner. If you are concerned about something, he will sit and talk with you to figure out the problem without running you through a battery of tests. If they are needed however, he will not hesitate to do that as well. The office staff has the greatest group of women to work with ever. I have been going here for 18 years. They are absolutely phenomenal.
    - Lacey M.
  • I've gone to this medical practice for my annual exam for the past 6 years or so.  If you can't get in to see a doctor, the NP is great, too.  Convenient location, nice offices, and a friendly staff have kept me coming back.
    - R T.
  • I have used this doctor for a few years and finally had enough stress from his office and decided to leave. If you are on any medication and need a refill, he won't refill unless you have an office visit, even though you are not in need for bloodwork yet. If you go in for a well check, they always leave the well  check code off and then you get billed from the lab.  Then you call the office to resubmit, which they don't do and it goes on for months...STRESSFULL. When I wanted a script to go get a shingles vaccine (and keep in mind I've been a patient there for many years), they refused it unless I went in for an office visit, which on my insurance is about $60-$100 depending on how they code it.  So, a friend of mine works for a doctor and she got me a script for the shingles vaccine.  Shame on you Dr. Herrera!!! You, my own doctor won't give me the script unless I pay you for an office visit, but a STRANGER will.
    So bottom line, If you go to this doctor be ready for alot of stress and a horrible office staff.
    - Barbara O.
  • Dr. Douglas Neimand is known locally as the "doctor's doctor", someone you want in your corner as a physician and advocate when your health is in question.  He is concerned with providing the best advice and will follow up to determine the efficacy of treatment.  He is like a strong field general in the hospital, marshalling forces and providing firm direction to other providers and specialists in the interest of his patients.  I don't know of a better general practioner in the area.  Dr. Neimand has been my primary care provider for thirty years and in my humble opinion he has rightfully earned the title, The Doctor's Doctor!
    - Gayle O.
  • I know other people who have hearing deficits and go to him and have hearing aids, and that is how I started going there. He is very thorough, my husband also goes there. He is very professional. I have elderly friends, and they have gone to him a lot longer. I think you don't go into an ENT until you need to. He is very professional, and people in his office are very professional. My husband goes back every year, because he has a hearing deficit. My husband sees the doctor to see if his hearing has gotten worse. He goes for follow ups.
    - Mary G.
  • I had my first prenatal visit at Dr. Skeete-Henry’s office on 10/24/13. This is my first pregnancy. The appointment was for 7 am at this visit. I saw one of the nurse practitioners, who was 45 minutes late and who I spent a total of 10 minutes with. The bulk of my visit was spent filling out paperwork, verifying my insurance and doing blood work. The visit was so brief and chaotic that I did not have time to ask any questions nor was I provided with any valuable information from the nurse practitioner. I left that day not even having my estimated date of delivery. The staff was not very friendly at all. After the visit I called the office numerous times to find out the results of my blood work and always had to leave a message for the lab department, who never returned my call. Finally, I decided to see another obstetrician. I called Dr. Skeete’s office to have my medical records transferred to my new doctor’s office. I was told that I needed to sign a medical release and send it to their office, which I did immediately via fax. I called Dr. Skeete’s office everyday for 2 plus weeks to inquire about the status of the medical records and each time I was told that the records would be sent to my new doctor after they had been reviewed and approved by the doctor. The medical records were never faxed over. When I went for my first appointment with my new doctor, they did not have the records and I ended up having to reschedule my appointment. Finally I had to send my husband over to the office to pick up the medical records, which they gave him after charging him $.1.00 per page for a total of $11.00 dollars. Throughout this ordeal no one from Dr. Skeete’s office tried to accommodate me in any way, if anything they made it seem like I had done something wrong. Because of all the chaos and not being able to have my second prenatal appointment timely, I missed critical testing I needed to have done based on the progression of my pregnancy. When I finally saw my new doctor the time for the testing had passed. I would never recommend Dr. Skeete’s office to anyone, especially if this is your first pregnancy.
    - Aniska J.
  • I was introduced to Dr. Wideck of this office from our NYC ENT at Columbia. On paper, Dr. Wideck has wonderful qualifications and frankly, is an extremely nice person. He is an extremely qualified doctor I am sure. My problem is his lack of availability and his office staff.

    My first appointment went great, albeit I called for an appointment in June but my daughter couldn't be seen until August. Since this was just an appointment to get established, and there were no pending issues, I had no problem with this. He examined my daughter, took her history, they copied her files from the NYC doctor and he requested she have a hearing test as well as a CT scan done before her next appointment in November. When we left the office, we made our appointment for the day before Thanksgiving to have the CT scan, hearing test then see the doctor all in one day (which was convenient as my daughter was off from school).

    Then in September, my daughter developed an ear infection. I called for an appointment, was told Dr. Wideck had no availability until October. I explained it was for an ear infection and was told there was no way he could see her (I was accustomed to her NY doctor seeing her whenever she had an issue) I asked if there was another doctor in the practice that could see her, which was accommodated. That doctor saw her and wrote a prescription for an ear drop but then said we needed to see Dr. Wideck with her issue (duh! that's what we were trying to do). When we got home, the prescription medication burned her ear terribly. I called the office and the doctor she saw wasn't in any longer so I asked to speak with Dr. Wideck whom I left a message for. Explained that my daughter was in, who she saw, what rx she got and I just wanted to know if it was normal if it burned. I asked that he or his assistant call me back on my cell phone as I wasn't home. I got home to a voice mail from his assistant stating that she couldn't respond to any medication questions and I should make an appointment to come in to see Dr. Wideck if my daughter had an issue. Really? Did you even listen to my message or pull her file? And it was after 5pm so their office was closed. I wound up calling my doc in NY who explained that the medication should burn the first day then ease up as we went along.

    The same routine went on in October as her ear infection never fully went away. Saw another doctor in the practice who prescribed another drop but then again, told us we should see Dr. Wideck. We explained that we couldn't get an appointment until November and we already had an appointment in November - could he help us get an appointment earlier? No, we had to go through the booking desk which of course, couldn't help us.

    Then, in early November, I got a call that Dr. Wideck wasn't working the day before Thanksgiving and we needed to reschedule. I explained how frustrating that is being that I had to pull my daughter out of school since he only works between 8-3:30. So we kept the CT scan apt and the hearing test apt on the day before Thanksgiving but then saw the doc the following week, first week of December.

    This appointment was the icing on the cake. First, his nurse comes in with an empty file and says, and quot;so you were referred by Dr.Wirtschafter?and quot; (this is a doctor in their practice who my daughter saw with her ear infection). So I said, and quot;No, my daughter is an established patient with Dr. Wideckand quot; She said, and quot;really?and quot; and quot;why don't I have a fileand quot;? I don't know, you copied like 100 pages the last time I was here for her file. Then Dr. Wideck came in, and quot;so, what can I do for you today?and quot;. Um, we are here to follow up on the CT scan and hearing test you ordered. and quot;The tests I ordered?and quot; I then had to re-explain how we were referred from our NYC doctor, his friend from medical school, we were already in blah blah blah. He then left the room and looked at the test results (which I am accustomed to seeing as well during our visits but OK, guess it's a secret). Then he came back and said he didn't like what he saw on the CT scan but wanted to get a closer look at her ear. Which he did, and then had to suction out a lot of debris from her ear (which was probably the result of her ear infections that she had in Sept/October). After all of this, I explained to him how I would really prefer my daughter see only him in the practice and was there any way when she had an infection, that he could fit her in? (her issue is recurring cholesteatomas which basically, grow when an infection is present so if they're not treated quickly and properly, they can grow and cause major issues, such as bone erosion and could require surgery). He went on to say how he wished he could clone himself and he doesn't manage his own schedule but if I ever had the need, to call his assistant. OK big blow off with a smile. On our way out, he said he really wanted to stay on top of her ear and see her in 3 weeks.

    So, when I checked out to pay my co pay I said he wanted to see her in 3 weeks. First appointment available - January 20 (It was the first week of December). So when I explained to the girl he needs to see her in three weeks and that it was ridiculous he wasn't available for 7 weeks - here's what I got - EYE ROLLS and the statement and quot;What would you like me to do? I don't control the hours he works!and quot; Really? I wanted to reach across the counter and pull out her weave. Seriously, this nasty girl should NOT be working with the general public.

    I left and that afternoon found a new ENT/Neurotologist who specializes in my daughters problem. An ENT who works more than 30 hours a week and who explained that whenever my daughter has an issue like an ear infection, he would INSIST that he see her asap as to not complicate her condition any further. THANK YOU.

    I would not recommend this practice to anyone. Sorry
    - Cheryl K.
  • I was there for my annual. I had been there once the previous year and had to wait almost 2 hours to be seeing by the doctor.
    This time after waiting for 40 minutes only to find out the doctor wasn't even in the building yet. I was discussed with their lack of consideration and left to never come back. This office needs to improve BIG time! Very sad.

    - chris s.
Join Angie's List to view provider's name.

Medical Specialists in Coral Springs

Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.

To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, JOIN ANGIE'S LIST NOW!