American General Construction Of West Florida Inc

• Trade License Number
  • QB0017380

3820 59th Avenue West

Bradenton, FL 34210

Established in 1989, Donn Myers is skilled contractor specializing in remodeling. PLEASE CALL vs using the message center or request a quote. Donn handles all stages of remodeling services -- ranging from general remodeling, to kitchen and bathroom, to home additions, to garages. Donn can do all aspects of remodeling from start to finish and from the ground up. American General Construction is a well known name within the Manatee and Sarasota areas. Remodeling is Donn's strong suit and prefers to handle all work over the phone vs on the computer. For the fastest response time, please give Donn a call and refrain from using the message center or the request a quote feature....

home remodeling (15)drywall repair (6)woodworking (4)electrician (4)interior painting (4)lighting installation (3)plaster (3)plumber (3)home remodeling (3)tile installation (3)masonry (2)hvac repair (2)

02/19/2019

I was so discouraged trying to find a good contractor who would call me back and was interested in working on an old house built in 1925 when I first started this project. Finally, I went to Angie’s List. American General came up with good ratings. I called Donn Myers, the Contractor. He answered the phone and made an appointment to see the job the very next day. Donn sat with me on the old front ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Demolish and rebuild old, screened in front porch

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/19/2019

Photo for American General Construction Of West Florida Inc - 3820 59th Avenue West, Bradenton, FL - 37730792

01/26/2019

Met our expectations with a few normal bumps in the road

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Re-model 2 bathrooms

CATEGORY ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, hauling services, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, interior painters, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/07/2019

Photo for American General Construction Of West Florida Inc - 3820 59th Avenue West, Bradenton, FL - 37679224

10/01/2018

The job went very well. Don and team added a new wall and closet to an existing in-law living room and a partial wall to convert a dining room to an office. There were a few very minor mis-communications that Don quickly resolved and the project went a little over time, but overall I could not be happier. I was not on a critical timeline and I feel like Don would have done whatever was necessary t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Adding walls and a closet

CATEGORY drywall, electrician, remodeling, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2018

09/28/2018

American general performed work on my home as part of a renovation that included both interior and exterior work. my home was built in 1950 and has some unique constraints as the home had existing renovations, original construction and different materials. American general had no issues working through the constraints and giving me a beautiful, seamless renovation that passed every inspection alon...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Interior and exterior

CATEGORY concrete repair, drywall, electrician, hauling services, lighting, masonry, plastering, remodeling, roofing, woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/28/2018

09/28/2018

very well looks great wife loves new kitchen.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
kitchen redone

CATEGORY drywall, remodeling, woodworking, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/05/2017

03/17/2017

Estelia is an extremely competent and knowledgible real estate agent in the Tampa Bay Florida area. She presents in a very straight forward manner and does not throw around empty promises or cliches, often used in the real estate industry, to acquire listings. She presented our property in an extremely appealing manner. Estelia is an excellent communicator who kept us informed while quietly going ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Estelia sold my condo in St. Petersburg, FL

CATEGORY real estate agents

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/17/2017

01/20/2016

Don was very easy to work with and was accommodating when we added on to the project. He was able to bring workers out during a busy holiday time to keep the job moving. I believe he is honest and does good work. I would hire him again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rebuilt a dilapidated outbuilding.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/10/2016

10/10/2015

Donn is great to work with, honest and professional. The project took longer than we hoped for, but there were many special orders, change orders, and sub-contractor delays. Extremely pleased with all aspects of the project except for the Schuler kitchen cabinets, which we had ordered through Lowes.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete remodel of 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo. We went down to the studs in many rooms, removed popcorn ceiling, textured walls and ceilings and added crown molding. Kitchen was totally revised, false ceiling removed and partial walls, appliances re-aligned, new cabinets installed. Kahrs engineered hardwood installed through out the condo except for baths where tile was used. Master bath was gutted, walking shower built with glass block and tiled through out.

CATEGORY ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, woodworking, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

05/03/2015

I had a couple of meetings with Don. He was very good with his responds time. We met, he brought pictures of previous work, he followed up with phone calls and meetings. His behavior was professional. He has not done any work for us other than giving us an estimate , which is all that we have asked for at this point. I would recommend him for an estimate. If I decide to go forward with him, I will...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Pulled prints for our home. He discussed our wants concerns and price.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/02/2015

10/12/2014

We used his suggestions, but contracted with someone else to do the job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We wanted to explore the feasibility and cost of remodeling our front entry with new door and sidelights. I left a message for Donn on the Angie’s List website, with description of the job and our phone number. He returned message saying he would call us soon. A week passed and he did not call so I phoned the number on his website. Phone did not ring. I left another message, and he responded saying he would call. About a week later, he telephoned and arranged to stop by while he was in the area. He came, made a good impression, seemed experienced and knowledgeable. He looked at the job, made some good suggestions, and said he would check with his supplier and get back to us. He never got back to us. I tried the number on his card and it did not ring.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2014

[Members Name] is correct in his recounting of what happened. I must apologize to him for my unprofessionalism. I was very busy and the job was at least 25 miles distance from my shop. I should have returned his calls but they kept slipping my mind. The reason he could not reach my office phone was the malfunctioning of a fire alarm tied to the phone system. It has since been repaired. All I had t...

Remodeling services include, but may not be limited to: general remodeling, kitchen and bathroom remodeling, building designs, room additions, home additions, 2nd story add-ons to existing homes, and garages. Donn is a contractor, skilled in all aspects of remodeling services.

Give us a call to discuss your remodeling needs!