Deckbuilders Inc

A 45 Reviews

Founded 1980 • Angie's List since October 2006

9530 Bear Lake Rd

Apopka, FL 32703

Thank you for finding us on Angie's List where we have been receiving great reviews for almost 6 years now. We are a family owned and operated business since 1980. Proudly serving all of Central Florida....

deck building (42)dock building (3)deck cleaning (3)home remodeling (1)

03/04/2020

The folks at Deckbuilders Inc. were very professional. They communicated clearly, had design ideas, and worked quickly. I would hire them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remove old deck, build new one.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/04/2020

02/20/2020

Was referred by Southern Pine Lumber. Could not have asked for a more complete and professional experience. From start to finish, communication and construction was spot on. No corners were cut anywhere. Martha and Matt were helpful in every way. As a person having a background in the construction industry, I recognize quality workmanship and this project was as good s it gets. I would highly reco...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Composite deck on rear of house

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/12/2020

Photo for Deckbuilders Inc - 9530 Bear Lake Rd, Apopka, FL - 38398082

08/05/2019

The very processional and knowledgeable crew showed up on time, and exceeded our expectations, taking care to create a deep and firm foundation. The workmanship was excellent and we would be happy to trust them for any future work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A small old deck was replaced

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/08/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We take great pride in both our customer service, as well as quality of workmanship. Thank you for trusting Deckbuilders with your home project!

02/12/2019

The new decks far surpassed my expectations! The team at Deckbuilders made sure the deck was exactly what we wanted throughout the process and they were able to easily troubleshoot the problems they encountered along the way. The new decks are sturdy beyond belief -- I think they may outlast the house! Our project included removing the old decks and then re-building them. One is a larger deck with...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
remove old and build new deck

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/12/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for Deckbuilders. Our goal is to give personalized service to all of our customers as well as quality craftsmanship. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

08/08/2018

I had a great experience with DeckBuilders. I wanted a low-profile boat dock (not a big boat house that would block my view), and got several bids. Howard came out to see the property and hear what I wanted. He sketched it up exactly as I'd imagined and got me a detailed quote within a few days. It was the lowest I had received and I hired them. Unfortunately, permitting with the City of Orlando t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A 44' long boat dock with 12x16' platform

CATEGORY dock building

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our goal is to give our customers personalized service as well as quality craftmanship. Thank you for trusting Deckbuilders with your home project.

06/06/2018

Our F ratings are because Deckbuilders.com was a no show for today's June 6, 2018 9 a.m.-9:30 a.m. appointment at our home to give us a written estimate for our front porch repair or replacement. Matthew was supposed to come but did not call us at 407 960 4151 to change appointment time. We heard nothing from this company although it had very good Angie's List reviews.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front porch repair or replacement at our home.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/06/2018

We deeply apologize for our office managers error. We are eager to rectify our mistake if you would be so kind as to allow us to make it up to you. Most Sincerely, Martha Conley President

04/10/2018

Two hours ago, I submitted a critical review of this company because they had not gotten back to me about an estimate done more than a month ago. This morning, they emailed me to say that a serious illness had thrown the company off schedule. So I rescind my earlier critique and wish them the best.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Porch replacement.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/10/2018

Thank you so much for understanding the medical situation that we are currently experiencing. We look forward to this being resolved in the very near future. We truly appreciate your comment.
C

03/14/2018

I had an appointment set up with Howard for 8:30a. The day before I received a text to confirm. The next day Howard arrived a half hour early. I was very impressed. I though it went well. Then after about a week I sent Deckbuilders a message asking when I might receive the estimate. I knew it wouldn’t be that soon but wanted to get a timeline. I was told they got busy and we’re a few days behind. ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Build 2 decks. One on the main house and another on the mother in law suite.

CATEGORY decks

We apologize for not getting back to you. We value our customers greatly, but were thrown into a serious health crisis and we look forward to this being resolved in the very near future. Thank you for your understanding.

12/19/2017

Outstanding! We are very discerning customers (read: picky, picky, picky), we shopped and got multiple quotes and we are beyond thrilled with our composite deck (Azek material) built by Deckbuilders. Howie, Martha, George and the team lead us through every step of the way (multiple drawing revisions, multiple permitting issues, a HURRICANE!) and were tremendously knowledgeable, patient, reassuring...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Looking to have a composite deck built onto which a lanai could be installed and be code compliant.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/15/2017

Photo for Deckbuilders Inc - 9530 Bear Lake Rd, Apopka, FL - 36685790

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for Deckbuilders. Our priority is customer service as well as quality work. Thank you again for trusting Deckbuilders with your home project. We would be happy to serve you again in the future!

11/10/2017

I required that everything be properly permitted and Orange County did not make it easy due to recent Code changes that also required an additional survey of the property. Deck Builders were fully engaged and tried to expedite the process at every opportunity and eventually we got through the red tape. Other than the delays associated with the county and the survey company I was extremely pleased ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Work performed was entire re-do and expansion of existing wood deck and screened in porch. Composite was used in place of wood, porch was removed and replaced with composite. The total square footage was around 900 and there are two different levels as well as railings and LED lighting.

CATEGORY decks,remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/27/2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Deckbuilders. Our goal is to give our customers personalized service as well as quality craftmanship. We would be more than happy to serve you again in the future.

Decks, docks, walkways, pergolas, seawalls, trellis & gazebos.

Concrete & pavers.