Karen Warner Design LLC

Founded 2011 • Angie's List since November 2012

An independent kitchen and bath designer....

MPR Flooring, LLC

MPR Flooring, LLC East Hartford, CT, 06118 (860) 836-5414 MPR Flooring, LLC is a company based in East Hartford, CT. The company founded in 2003 with over 25 years of experience. It offers Flooring Service, Hardwood, Vinyl, Engineered Hardwood, Carpet, Tiles, Bathroom Remodels, and Kitchen Remodels. Residential Flooring Contractors; Professional Flooring Contractors Bolton, CT Flooring Contractor, Flooring Services, Tile Floor Installation, Flooring Installation Contractors, Bathroom Flooring http://mprflooring.com/

09/18/2015

When we contacted Karen, we had just downsized to a smaller home. The L-shaped kitchen had builder-grade oak cabinets in poor condition, little usable counter space, mismatched appliances, and one drawer. The square footage was adequate, but poorly used.    After meeting with us to determine our budget, wish list, and likes and dislikes, Karen came up with a floor plan that was almost perfect from...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Met with us to initiate and finalize plans for a complete renovation of our l-shaped kitchen. Karen determined our likes and dislikes, our budget, and our time frame; and recommended contractors and suppliers. Where she could, she used her designer discount to keep our expenses down.

CATEGORY home remodeling

01/26/2014

I hired Karen to guide the remodeling of 2 bathrooms. I had a good Idea of what I wanted, but needed her design sense to pull it together and her experience to find the materials (cabinets, tile, etc) to accomplish that look. Karen was great at listening and making sure she knew what I wanted. She also made sure that she understood my budget, and worked with me to achieve it. She had no problem li...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Karen guided the remodeling of 2 bathrooms, which included installing windows, moving a wall, adding a toilet, replacing tub,shower,sinks and existing toilet. She: -reviewed the look I wanted and located all of the materials -reviewed design to make sure it would fit with code -drew up detailed design for work crews -found great contractor to do the work

CATEGORY interior designers,home remodeling

[Member], it was a pleasure working with you on this project, and I am so happy that you are satisfied with how things turned out. Thank you for inviting me to help bring your vision to reality.

01/01/2013

The job was well done, very professional. We couldn't have been more pleased with the result.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We decided to renovate our kitchen. Karen Warner was recommended to us by our Builder/Remodeler since she had designed other kitchens. What we liked most about Karen was her ability to listen to our ideas and then implement them into the kitchen design. Karen originally came up with several design options for us to review. During the entire project she was very attentive to details and researched the different products and appliances that would be used in the kitchen. The kitchen was completely gutted. Karen helped us in selecting the appliances, countertop, cabinets, sink/faucet, tile and paint color. She setup appointments to meet with the cabinet makers, countertop designers and appliance sales representatives. She also setup meetings with the carpenter, electrician and the plumbers to coordinate their services. She coordinated all aspects of the project including carpentry, electrical, plumbing and the installation of all vendor products.She was present during all phases of the project. She was always available when I needed to contact her. She returned calls promptly.

CATEGORY interior designers,home remodeling

[Member Name], I'm so glad you and [Member Name] are happy with your kitchen. Part of why I enjoy designing kitchens and baths is because I get to meet new people -- and it was a pleasure working together on this project. I hope you entertain friends for many years in the new space!

I offer a full range of services depending on your needs -- from full-service design and project management to one-time consultations. My strengths lie in creating layouts that maximize function while being stylish and comfortable. Also, as a Certified Aging in Place Specialist, I can help make a home safe when there are urgent needs. Or I can help remodel with an eye to future changing needs, making attractive spaces that are adaptable to different users. -Karen Warner, PhD, AKBD, CAPS