MULL BROTHERS INC

A 111 Reviews

Founded 1945 • Angie's List since July 2006

All skilled traders and home improvement contractors operating in the State of Connecticut are required to be licensed or registered by the State Department of Consumer Protection. License or registration identification is required to be on all advertising, business cards, signage, and contracts. You can check to see if a contractor or tradesperson is licensed or registered by going to: https://www.elicense.ct.gov/

61 BEAVER RD

Wethersfield, CT 06109

My name is Tom Mull of Mull Bros. Oil, a family-owned heating and cooling company in Wethersfield, Connecticut, where I was born and raised. There’s no doubt that you have seen many changes with the heating oil industry in the past decade or so. While many companies have given up or, out of desperation, have changed their business philosophies, we intend to be here for a long time. As a matter of fact, we’ve been around for over 60 years. My father, Bill Mull, started this company in 1945. At a time when stove-oil was in great demand and #2 fuel was being introduced as a home-heating fuel, Bill decided to get in to the delivery business. In the early 1950’s many oil burners were being installed on coal furnaces. Being mechanically inclined, Bill learned the art of installing and servicing the many styles of oil burners and heating systems....

hvac repair (110)heating oil company (12)water heater repair and installation (2)air duct cleaning (5)

10/21/2020

Happy with Service. Carlos and Tom both good communicators. Straight forward with costs and expectation. Would recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Broken AC Coil

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/15/2020

10/03/2020

I keep coming back because I am always very pleased with their service and honest advice. They stand behind their work and will respond. even months later, if an issue or a question arises. Tom Mull's staff are very professional, a pleasure to work with and responsive to the CDC/Covid precautions.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Over the years: water heater replacement, central air compressor replacement, new indirect hot water storage tank, oil burner coil replacement, central air service.

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2020

03/05/2018

Very well and they left me with 250 gallons of oil and would not accept any money attime of service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Oil tank repair and service

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac,heating oil companies

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/05/2018

02/24/2018

When my water heater died I called a bunch of places, and nobody could make it out until the following week. A friend at work recommended Mull Bros. I spoke to Tom, and within 30 minutes an expert was at my house putting in a new tank. They are so friendly and nice, and you can see they love their work. I would definitely hire them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Water heater replacement

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/23/2018

C

01/02/2018

Tom Mull talked to me on the phone and told me there was a 60% chance that he could fix it cheap. Then Mr. Mull came out and looked at it in person and told me that there was a cheap fix, and that there was a 50% chance that this would fix the problem for a while, so I told him to go ahead. Unfortunately, when his service tech came out to look at the oil tank, he told me there was a 0% chance that...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a leaky oil tank.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/07/2017

D

11/06/2017

Used Link Mechanical Services to diagnose the problem which is more than Mull Brothers offered to do.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They advertise as a heating and cooling company but they are an oil company. Remember that! After using them for ears, we had problems with our hot water system. Mull replaced the hot water heater recently but when the problems with the system continue, they told us that they could not help. We have spent a significant amount of money having plumbers and other HVAC people help to diagnose and fix the problem. Very disappointing.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/22/2017

08/14/2017

They went above and beyond. The response time was excellent. They were friendly and discovered and fixed a problem I didn't even know existed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They cleaned the heating system and diagnosed a problem with a circuit breaker and fixed it.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/14/2017

08/08/2017

Outstanding example of what an Angie's List "super service" provider should be like. I chose this company on the basis of the "super service" designation, and I wasn't disappointed. These folks (1) return phone calls, (2) show up on time, (3) have reasonable prices, (4) demonstrate competency, and, (5) accommodate customers' schedules. This is not to mention the fact that they're pleasant and frie...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
servicing to central AC unit

COST $255.32

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/04/2017

11/11/2016

It is a small, local, family type place. They are professional and very friendly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They provide oil, maintain my boiler and occasionally they do my air conditioner service.

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac,heating oil companies

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/15/2015

08/30/2016

They are very reasonable since they are market price. They are very reliable and friendly service people. I have been using them for a number of years.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
For heating and air, I go through Mull Bros. Inc. They came out last week and did the annual furnace maintenance to get it ready for winter.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/22/2016

HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING INSTALLATIONS, OIL SALES WITHIN 30 MILE RADIUS OF WETHERSFIELD.

NA