Failure to take care of your asphalt driveway will cost you more money down the road.
Find Top-Rated Waterford Asphalt Driveway Contractors
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Asphalt Driveway Contractors to Avoid
Top Rated Asphalt Driveway Contractors
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 117 reviews for
Waterford Asphalt Driveway Contractors from people just like you.
Over 3 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Asphalt Driveway Contractors and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Instant Community AccessAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Waterford
The size and slope of a gravel driveway will affect its price.
If you get snowed in, avoid the temptation of hiring the first person who shows up with a plow. Learn how to hire a professional for the job.
Heated driveway systems are relatively maintenance free.
Generally about $1-3/SF (note - measured by SF, not SY) - $1 range is for a 1 to 1/2-2 inch overlay, $2.50-3.00 range normal for two 2" layers for a new driveway or a rebuild (remove and replace) you really want to last.
Most people pay around $2/SF for a 2-3" thickness.
If the state requires a contractor's license, then he needs to have a license in each state he intends to work in - plus state/local business licenses as applicable.
This does not mean there are not a lot of contractors who cross state lines without proper licensing - the penalties in may cases are not real severe and are just a fine, not criminal, so many take the chance.
As you say - argh - many contractors are not really businessmen and have zero legal education, so many people get burned.
Asphalt Paving reviews in Waterford
This was all done in a timely manner. always returned phone calls quickly and he and his crew were very pleasant to work with. I highly recommend him.
Can not stress enough the amazing job they did!!
1. The guys doing the work realized there were 2 layers of asphalt and called back to investigate. They told me that we would have a better base if they left it. They didn't need to use the truck of gravel or the extra few inches of asphalt, not to mention time, but I was only given a $300 discount. Seemed light, but they were halfway done with the project there was no turning back now. It also frustrated me a little that we didn't actually NEED the permit since they didn't need to relay the base. Seemed strange for "professionals' to miss this. Another $170ish dollars and a few hours of missed work wasted.
2. I should have looked closer when the job was completed but in my rush to get back to work I overlooked a bubble in the driveway right where we all walk into the house. The toddlers kept tripping on it, looks like the steamroller missed the corner and there's just enough slant to puddle. It drives me nuts everytime I walk in the house
3. For over 2 months now (maybe longer) I have been trying to get in touch with to fix this blemish - now the asphalt plants are probably closing for the season! A few weeks of phone tag and finally one of 's sons made it out while I was at work. He was able to provide a quote for seal coating ($280 ouch), but no information on the repair so I waited for to call me. No calls, I called back, and called again. finally called back and set up an appointment for a Sat to stop by, I circled the area and made some notes just in case we weren't home. WAS A NO SHOW! So I called back, and called back again (do you see a pattern here) - now there has been no response for 3 weeks and I'm frustrated enough to write this review.
I've given plenty of opportunities to make this right. I even recommended them to a coworker who also had them do her driveway. It's possible they got a job with my neighbor too. Is this how you treat a customer who referred you for additional business? I'm disappointed in how this experience ended with and his company. I typically like to support family run businesses, but this is some of the worst customer service I've experienced.
Maybe I should have questioned why they were the only paving company with openings??
Still looking for a response from the company, maybe this will get some action. I promise it was probably an easy fix a few months ago and now you just have a disappointed customer to contend with.
I recommend finding a contractor that doesn't over promise and under deliver, and doesn't make excuses.
Asphalt Driveway Contractors in Waterford, CT
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Waterford.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center