High Street Designs LLC

A 26 Reviews

Founded 2005 • Angie's List since March 2012

All skilled traders and home improvement contractors operating in the State of Connecticut are required to be licensed or registered by the State Department of Consumer Protection. License or registration identification is required to be on all advertising, business cards, signage, and contracts. You can check to see if a contractor or tradesperson is licensed or registered by going to: https://www.elicense.ct.gov/

17 Carson Way

Simsbury, CT 06070

Family owned and operated business. Mike or a member of his team will be performing the work at your house. He will bring in experts for the specialty portions of the project....

interior painting (18)home remodeling (11)drywall repair (6)home remodeling (5)woodworking (4)lighting (4)door (3)house painting (3)deck cleaning (3)handyman (3)countertop installation (3)window (2)

03/08/2017

I reached out to this company to get an estimate on a fixing up an existing staircase. My message was promptly returned and I was given a ballpark estimate to help me to determine if the project was within my budget. I decided not to pursue the work at this time because a friend volunteered to help me do it. Although I chose not to work with the company for this project, they are a company that I ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refinishing and repairs of a staircase

CATEGORY handyman service,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/08/2017

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the kind words and best of luck on you project. Sincerely, Mike Barry

01/30/2017

No issues. Work was performed on schedule, with high quality, at a reasonable price.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
House related interior and exterior repairs, replace toilets.

CATEGORY contractors,handyman service,plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/15/2015

01/27/2017

We intend to talk to them to actually do the remodel.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
So far, we just had an estimate from High Street Designs LLC, but we look forward to working with them in the future. It was $15000 for kitchen and bathroom remodeling.

CATEGORY bathroom & kitchen remodeling

01/02/2017

100% perfect...loved the work, excellent outcome.i would hire again in a minute

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remodeled Kitchen, painting, removed popcorn from ceiling, lighting, electric work

CATEGORY countertops,drywall,lighting,remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/30/2017

01/02/2017

Excellent work. Mike & his team are professional. They met all of their commitments & kept us well informed of progress & issues. A pleasure to deal with & I will have them do a few more projects.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen remodel, laundry room relocation, popcorn ceiling removal & painting.

CATEGORY countertops,drywall,lighting,remodeling,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/16/2016

08/18/2016

couldn't ask for a better general contractor--always available, has a great group of subcontractors. flexible, calm and very thoughtful-- we feel so fortunate to have worked with Mike. If I could post A+ for everything, I would.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
supervised a remodel for kitchen and bathrooms, new flooring, new carpet, wallpaper and paint

CATEGORY remodeling,garage builders,bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/18/2016

01/06/2016

From the initial contact to work completion, Mike and I talked regularly.  He always followed through on everything he said.  Mike was professional,  organized,  knowledgeable,  and even helped participate in selecting some needed materials.  It is rare to find someone so reliable, trustworthy, and thorough in his job. Ray, who did almost all of the work, was exactly the same.  They both had a key...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Split level house-  lower family room (includes 3 cement walls) was framed with 2x4's, insulated and sheet rocked.  Replaced baseboard heat, installed 2 surface mounted ceiling lights, installed extra outlets, new baseboard and window moldings.  Ceiling and walls painted.    Hallway was sheet rocked, baseboard added, new ceiling light, 2 new doors installed, and all painted.  Bathroom's 2 concrete walls were  insulated and sheet rocked,ceiling repaired, new vanity and light above it installed, toilet reset, new baseboard  heat , new light switch and outlet, and all painted .   Also- 2 stair railings were installed and front hall sliding closet doors replaced.  Overall, a huge transformation from a "basement feel" to a main level floor feel.

CATEGORY countertops,drywall,lighting,remodeling,windows,woodworking,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/10/2015

C

07/29/2014

I haven't tackled the steps yet, but I will do so in the next few weeks.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Barry responded quickly to my phone call and came out immediately to look at the job. I was looking for someone to power wash and stain/seal two sets of wood stairs outside the back of my house. Barry sent an email with a quote within a week. One set of stairs is significantly larger, so I was surprised to see each set of stairs priced identically. Thinking that the quote was high, I contacted another company on Angie's List. The second quote was about half the price that Barry quoted me. The second company further explained that I could easily complete the project myself. I was given specific directions, and plan to do the work myself, saving a bundle of bucks. [approximate cost $960.00]

CATEGORY pressure washing,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/08/2014

05/26/2014

Mike Barry and his team did a fantastic job on our home improvement project.  Mike is exceptionally professional, efficient and exacting and his work is very reasonably priced.  We would absolutely call on him and his team again the next time that we have a home improvement project and would highly recommend him to any of our friends.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
-Removed popcorn ceilings in two rooms.  Skim-coated and painted the same ceilings.  Removed wall-to-wall carpeting in one room.

CATEGORY drywall,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/18/2013

02/05/2014

He did nice work and I wouldn't hesitate to use High Street again.

CATEGORY interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/11/2013

We provide remodeling services (bathrooms, basements, decorative moldings), painting, carpentry and handyman services.

We are not home builders and do not do large additions.