Diamond G Auto Repair

A 14 Reviews

Founded 1985 • Angie's List since July 2008

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

65790 Racine Rd # 3

Montrose, CO 81403

Diamond G Repair has been servicing western Colorado with auto repair in the Montrose area since 1985. We provide complete car repair service for nearly all makes and models of cars and light trucks, including diesel. Our full-service repair shop strives to fix all of our customers’ mechanical problems while providing superior service. We also offer a full line of trailer repairs and parts....

auto repair (14)car inspection (1)

07/21/2020

Repairs completed as estimated in the time frame quoted. Customer service, quality repairs, prompt service is why I always recommend Diamond G Auto Repair. They know what they are doing and are the best!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
replace idler & pitman arm, brakes & rotors, spark plug wires & plugs,

CATEGORY auto repair,car inspections

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/19/2020

01/08/2016

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Brakes, shine tune up

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/06/2016

C

03/27/2015

They (thankfully) accepted the car--it had to be towed in from about 30 miles and I had to rent a car. Of course this all happened late Saturday afternoon. I was grateful they accepted the car and said they would fix it. They said the timing belt took out all of the valves and it would cost more than the first estimate. It took about a week to 10 days. I am an optimist and was grateful to have fou...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My timing belt broke on my Subaru Outback in the mountains. Some people that let me use their phone (no cell service) said they had done a good job on their tractor. They had more ideas of who not to have it towed to rather than someone who was great.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/28/2013

05/27/2014

It's the most reasonable place that he can find and my husband's always been impressed. They do it when they said they would, they had it done and when it's fixed and still have a problem, they will take it back and they will not charge you for the labor involve. They will only charge you for the parts.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Diamond G Auto Repair provided me an auto service. We had an electrical problem and they took it in and kept it for overnight. Rather than that, there was a noise in my car and they fixed it.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/11/2014

09/25/2013

Work was performed perfectly at a reasonable price as usual. One of the many things I like about Dennis is that he doesn't do anything that is not necessary. For example I asked if the hoses should be replaced and he said he would inspect them and only replace them if necessary. It was not necessary and I saved a lot of money.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Transmission flush. Cooling system flush. Check all hoses.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/23/2013

09/11/2013

For the most part ideal. Work performed has been adequate. Only challenge is next visit for estimate was bettered by another provider.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Transmission service

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/19/2012

09/09/2013

They were on time and were very respectful of my time restraints. The quote was given to me and I asked about pricing of a rebuilt starter & the price was considerably smaller. Over all I am completely satisfied with there work & completely TRUST them....which is very hard to find nowadays...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced starter

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/12/2013

06/07/2013

The only reason I don't still use them is they don't work on hybrids. My level of trust with them is on such a high level that I would give them my credit card and tell them to fix what needs to be fixed. My husband actually took in his car for a specific service, and they ended up calling him and telling him it was in good shape and did not need to be done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used to use them for auto service.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/07/2005

08/03/2008

Hard to get in on a moment's notice. You have to plan in advance to get in (2 weeks is about average). They are very honest and do a good job at a fair price. Diamond G would be the first place I would go to for auto repair in Montrose.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Brake work.

07/15/2008

From what I can tell, they're completely honest. I dropped off my car for a brake job. 30 minutes later they called to ask WHY I wanted a brake job, since I had about 50% left on my brake pads. I told them it was because I had 75,000 miles on the car and figured it was time! They said no, it didn't need it -- and NO CHARGE. So many mechanics would have done the work anyway and charged for it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have used Diamond G for all my non-warranty auto work for several years. They have always given me excellent service for a reasonable price. Work typically comes in at or even below their estimates. The only problem with Diamond G: you generally can't get in very quickly, though they try to make exceptions for breakdowns. Plan on making appointments around 2 weeks in advance.

CATEGORY auto repair

Air Conditioning, Alternators, Belts & Hoses, Brakes, Engine Repair, Muffler & Exhausts, Inspections, Oil Changes, Radiators, Shocks & Suspension, Starters, Tune-Ups & Scheduled Maintenance

Paint and body work.