North Fork Medical Clinic

Angie's List since October 2008

B Rated | 5 Reviews

There are 4 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site. Average patient volume is 50 patients per day....

C

08/27/2015

08/12/2014

italdications and

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I received a certified letter in the mail a few days ago it stated that because of the pain meds and etc. that I need that they would no longer see me.  It stated that I had a 30 day period (just for emergencies) that they would see me.  I had 30 days to find a new doctor.  I am out of my medications and it was time for them to be renewed.  I had an appt. with them and I went, no one told me they wouldn't see me after I received the letter.  The lady at the front desk told me that my chart had been closed and that the doctor would no longer see me.  I explained to her about my medications and that if I didn't have them I would go to sleep and go into withdrawal from them.  It didn't matter they would not see me again.  I had been a good patient for several years and now they drop me in a minute.  What is up with this?  My doctor told my son it wasn't her that did this it was the Delta Hospital.  I guess that they have taken up with the hospital now.  It is the first I heard of it.  I can't believe that I couldn't have one more script so I could at least have 30 days to find a doctor, especially in this area.  Please help me if you can, Thanks Rosemary

12/19/2013

Other than the 1 hour wait after my scheduled appt time before I actually met with the physician, the service was fine.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New to the area, I made an appointment for a routine Rx refill for thyroid medication.

03/08/2012

I have a background in healthcare. They have four providers there who are pretty good. I find the physicians helpful and knowledgeable. Their bedside manner is good and their availability is excellent.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I use North Fork Medical Clinic for general healthcare.

C

08/21/2011

This particular visit went well. However, in other interactions, I have not been pleased. Some of the nurses are condescending and rude, although some are quite nice, and the office staff in both offices seem harried and preoccupied. The rude nurses treat you like an idiot and like they just want to get rid of you, or they make obnoxious remarks and call you "Sweetie" and "Honey". The wait in both...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have been trying to find an effective treatment for migraines for almost 28 years. So far, nothing. This was a follow-up visit to talk about possibly changing meds. I like Dr. Meilner. He is personable and usually offers several different options of treatment. He also tells things like they are and offers good common sense laced with professionalism and with a sense of humour. I had been seeing another doctor in the clinic and was not pleased with her response (through the nurse) to a question I had. This particular visit was pleasant and I accomplished what I went in there for.

Family practice.