Akin Electric

Angie's List since August 2010

Not Rated| 5 Reviews

Colorado Electric Inc

We are a full service electrical contracting company, offering residential,service, and small commercial. We have 2 employees. We charge travel time one way-to get to the job. We offer 10 percent discount on the first hours labor to Angie's List members. We pride ourselves on "coming to the electrical rescue" of the local housewives with any of their electrical problems.

10/09/2013

NA

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Vince was very nice and referred me to someone that could help.

01/11/2013

See above.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Vince installed a light under my kitchen counter. In a previous visit he had repaired a counter light that was not working properly. He was very professional, worked efficiently, and seemed to be very knowledgable about what he was doing. In arranging his visits he was prompt in replying. I can't image a better experience. His pricing was extremely fair. I have never had a plumber or electrician charge me for 1.5 hr of labor. They round up to the next 100 dollars. Vince has my business in the future.

CATEGORY electrician, lighting

07/13/2011

I called Akin, based on previous good reviews on Angie's List. Vince talked me through a couple of fixes I could try on my own: checking the breaker box and any reset buttons on the outlets in the garage. I tried these, but they didn't seem to fix the problem. This was at about 9am. Vince told me he could be at my house by noon. Vince called at noon to let me know he was on the way. When he arrive...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had an electrical outage in the garage which effected our sprinkler system and our invisible dog fence, as well.

06/09/2011

Great work and honest pricing

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Akin Electrical has been over several times to work on my various projects involving more than just lighting. The last time Vicne Akin came over was to inslall another kitchen lamp, after we thought we blew a light bulb. Turns out Vince found a defect in the lamp which could have caused a home fire. I appreciated his honesty and integrity of giving me a load of bad news. I found a replacement lanp and Vince throughtly checked it out prior to installation. He did install the lamp as a courtesy with no charge other than parts and materials. In addition, whenever he comes over my dogs love him for more than just the cookies he brings to the job site.

CATEGORY electrician, lighting

08/24/2010

Akin Electrical was responsive, quick and thorough. Work was excellent that we passed inspection first time around. In fact when Vince Akin arrives to do any work at our home, our "kids" (dogs and cats) are excited and know that Vince usually has a treat for them. Also, Vince assisted us in re-reouting our wireless and ethernet cables under the house to our audio/video system as a bonus job. Our n...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had some major work completed during our kitchen remodel project. Electrical outlets had to be re-routed and re-wired.