G&L Design Building & Landscape Inc

A152 REVIEWS

Founded 2007 • Angie's List since March 2010

23508 Strathern St

West Hills, CA 91304

G&L Design Building and Landscape Inc is a licensed general contractor builder who specializes in the outdoors construction, pool and spa construction , deck, retaining wall, gate and fence ,hardscape, landscape, design & build company that has been servicing residential and commercial clients in the Los Angeles and Ventura counties. Although unique and functional design is our passion, outstanding customer service is our number one priority. Our talented landscape designers will listen to your needs and then use their expertise to develop an architectural quality landscape design that fits your personality and lifestyle. Members with the CLCA and Angelus pavers....

irrigation system (117)landscaping (93)hardscaping (50)mulch delivering (25)stone and gravel (23)landscape lighting (20)lawn care (20)concrete repair (19)tree service (11)lighting installation (10)fence company (9)

09/11/2019

In a world where people just don't care about service G&L is different. They actually did everything they said they were going to do and even a little more. They showed up EVERY day on time and made sure my home was clean when they left for the day. The work was exceptional and came in within our budget. It's been a few months and I couldn't be happier. I give G&L my highest praise and would use t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete backyard landscaping.

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, hardscaping

07/12/2019

We contacted G&L design for a professional design of our back yard space in Santa Clarita about 2 years ago. Mike worked with us to determine our preferences, gave us two suggested directions, and when we chose one, presented us with a beautiful landscape design that checked every box. Fast forward two years, we were ready to execute on the design and decided to hire G&L to carry out the work. The...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete backyard remodel and deck expansion

CATEGORY concrete repair, decks, landscaper, irrigation systems, mulch, remodeling, pavers, gravel, tree service, drain pipe, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/02/2019

02/22/2018

G&L had quite a job in front of them when looking at our backyard renovation. It was old, taken over by trees, full of weeds almost 5 feet tall, and terrible old concrete! They completely TRANSFORMED this into a beautiful, modern, and economic space. They deserve credit for TWO projects because our dismantling the first was difficult. We had three major trees stumps which were very hard to remove,...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Backyard Renovation

CATEGORY concrete repair, fencing, landscaper, lawn service, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, tree service, drain pipe, stucco, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, stamped concrete

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/27/2017

01/31/2018

Overall, we were extremely pleased with the planning and execution. Mike had excellent ideas for the design, and we were very happy with how the plans turned out and how easy he was to communicate with. We made a couple small changes once the project got going, and Dee had some great ideas to ensure that everything would produce the best end result. The crews were very hard working and did a wonde...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We worked with Mike on a design to make our back yard more usable, drought tolerant, and better looking! Our project started with removing all the grass, some trees/shrubs, and an old built-in bench. We then had concrete poured to extend our existing patio (more than doubled in size). Synthetic lawn was added on one side of the yard. New irrigation was installed, and LOTS of beautiful new shrubs/plants/ground cover was planted. Bark mulch finished off the planting areas. We also had our existing pergola repainted to improve its appearance.

CATEGORY concrete repair, landscaper, irrigation systems, mulch, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/15/2018

07/27/2017

The guy was very nice. He was on time. I just chose not to use them based mostly on price. I thought everythimg about him was an A, but his price was a little too high. I would call again if I needed more estimates.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Came out an gave a quote for hardscaping and landscaping on June 23, 2027.

CATEGORY landscaper, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/27/2017

06/30/2017

The Design & Execution/Physical Landscaping was performed to the agreed expectation = GREAT. The team managed our expectations from the start and thus no confusion, all expectations were met. Our questions were always answered promptly both phone or email. A 90 day warranty for the plants exists which is important. Further, upon completion Dee offered to provide advice to ensure we know how to pro...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Conversion of front yard from lawn/hedge to an attractive drought-resistant landscape. This involved an initial design process where we worked with Mike, who was pleasant, professional, attentive to our input and willingly accommodated our schedules. We were therefore happy to continue with G&L to execute the physical landscaping works which included demo, spraying & removals, ground prep, planting, irrigation and accent lighting, as well as final mulch + gravel.

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, lighting, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/12/2017

02/03/2017

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this company and every single person who works for them. It all began with the designer, Liz. She came out talked to me about my ideas, drew some plans and then provided me with a detailed, to scale drawing. We fine tuned things together and then she did the renderings. OMG, my dreams for my yard in pictures! A month later we were getting started! F...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete landscaping.

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel, outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/03/2017

Photo for G&L Design Building & Landscape Inc - 23508 Strathern St, West Hills, CA - 34406135

01/11/2017

From the very beginning they were the best in terms of the attention given to my needs, professionalism and knowledge. I worked with Liz, their designer who was the only person from all the companies I got a bid from, to actually do the design with me, on our first meeting. She was able to make extremely appropriate recommendations regarding the design and the types of plants to use, based on my p...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have contracted G&L Design to landscape my front yard and parkway and install drip irrigation and lights.

CATEGORY landscaper, irrigation systems, mulch, outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/11/2017

Dear client, Thank you very much for a rave review, we appreciate it very much and we had a great pleasure to be working with you, Enjoy the outdoors , Thanks, G & L team!!

11/30/2016

The project went beautifully from design to the finished landscape. Everyone at G & L were terrific to work with. We really appreciated the attention to detail.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had our entire yard re-landscaped. The old landscaping was just about dead. We wanted drought resistant landscape . We love it!

CATEGORY landscaper, irrigation systems, mulch

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/14/2016

11/04/2016

We found G & L through Angie's List. We called and set up an appointment with their designer Mike. We had some ideas of what we were looking for in transforming our front and rear lawns to a drought tolerant concept. We also wanted to change our existing slate patio into a tiered wooden deck and install new fencing. Mike was very responsive and had great ideas and came back to us quickly with an a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Relandscape with drought tolerant plantings, remove existing ficus hedge and install new fence, remove existing patio and build new wood deck. Also install drip irrigation system and accent lighting.

CATEGORY decks, fencing, landscaper, lawn service, irrigation systems, lighting, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/04/2016

Thank you very much for such a great feedback, please let us know if we can assist you with anything in the future, its been a pleasure working together! G & L team!

Building. General remodeling, Pool and spa, Patio builders. Decks. Retaining walls. Addition landscape. Hardscapes. Design. Concrete. Retaining walls. Block walls. Steps. Irrigation systems. Stonework. Water features.

Plumbing. Electrical jobs.