24 Hour Fitness

Founded 1983 • Angie's List since December 2004

B Rated | 3 Reviews

C

04/19/2012

There has been some recent remodeling and the dressing and pool area are warmer.  But the grout is still black and the edges of the pool still have some green mold in small holes around he lip of the pool.. I marked  I would not use this provider in the future but I continue my membership as there is no other gym pool available to me.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was referred by my doctor to engage in water aerobics and as 24 Hr  Fitness is the only gym near me with a pool, I use their facility.  At first I attended classes and then I began to go earlier on my own.  I did this as I wanted to get my exercise earlier in the day.  The instructor is very nice and is always engaged with the participants.   However, I do not use the facility's showers as they gross me out.  The grout is VERY dirty and seems to never be cleaned. So I bathe at home. For months there was a problem with providing us with heat in the dressing and pool area and it was like swimming outside on a cold day.  This was "finally" remedied when I called 24 Hr Fitness headquarters and informed them that it was 52 degrees in the pool area and   there was a constant cold draft in the dressing area. The pool is generally clean though the edges have some green mold that should be cleaned regularly. If there were another gym close by that had a pool and was cleaner, I would then move to that gym.  But there isn't, so I must tolerate 14 Fitness.

04/01/2011

The instructor, Debbie, is very good. She keeps you going and is very positive. She is very personable. The only issue I really have with the gym is the showers, the grout needs to be cleaned but besides that it?s been a good experience.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I go in the morning to water aerobics.

12/19/2004

THE PERSONAL TRAINER LISTENED AND STARTED ME ON A WEIGHT LOSS CONDITIONING PROGRAM. THE FACILITY WAS CLEAN THE LOCKER ROOMS WERE COMFORTABLE. THE LOCATION WAS CONVIENIANT AND THE LOCATION WAS GOOD FOR ME AND THE HOURS WERE GOOD FOR THE DAYS I NEEDED TO ATTEND.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
GYM MEMBERSHIP AND PERSONAL TRAINER FOR MONTHS. PERSONAL TRAINER SHOWED ME THE CORRECT EXERSICES TO DO FOR RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

CATEGORY fitness center

Cardio equipment, free weights, group exercise, indoor lap pool, kids' club, personal training, pro shop, sauna, steam room & whirlpool.