Bernard King Construction

Founded 2001 • Angie's List since August 2009

B Rated | 8 Reviews

Bernard King Construction is a general contractor and a Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Small Business. We specialize in home repairs and remodeling. We have been in business approximately 15 years and have experienced a large growth in our clientele base over the last two years. We currently have 2 employees and use subcontractors in some cases during large scale remodels only. East County Handyman has California State License # 839233 B, C61/D41, C61/D49. Initial service call is $150.00, this can and typically is waved based on work performed and/or scheduled. We offer Military and Senior Discounts, we also offer 10% discount on service calls to Angie's List members....

N/A

Vazquez flooring

0  REVIEWS
Vazquez flooring

Specialized in. Vinyl planks Laminate Carpet Carpet tile Vct Sheet vinyl Baseboards Any flooring reparations

02/27/2017

Not only were his skills deficient, he and his team are dishonest and have no integrity.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General Remodel of older home that he totally botched.

CATEGORY drywall,electrician,glass repair,handyman service,remodeling,siding,replacement windows,stucco,house painters,interior painters

03/07/2016

Our home remodel project with Bernard King went terrible. Bernard King is the most unprofessional and incompetent home remodel contractor. He made a bunch of promises but he failed to live up to his promises. He did not properly supervise his employees, let our home unsupervised and his work was defective. He failed to take responsibility for his work and refuses to warranty and/or correct his def...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Wide variety of home remodel construction, such as new window, stucco, interior texture and paint, electrical, patio cover, baseboards, etc.

CATEGORY electrician,glass repair,handyman service,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,woodworking,stucco,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters

07/24/2015

We never got a response from him after the initial contact.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He called to schedule our appointment for an estimate on a patio cover, but never showed up.  I called him 30 minutes after he was supposed to arrive and he never called me back.

CATEGORY handyman service

06/16/2015

We called BKC on Thursday 6/11/15. Mr King came out that day and gave us a price. Said he could do the work on Tuesday the 16th.  He came and he did a fantastic job considering the plumbing was the original (house built in "71).  He was very outgoing, and very professional. I cannot say enough good things about him and the work he did.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed a new bathroom vanity with the plumbing

CATEGORY drywall,plumbing

12/10/2014

no details never called

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
never returned my e-mail

CATEGORY drywall

[member name removed], i do realize that it took some time for my to respond to your initial request and for that i do truly apologize. It has been my goal to do my best to get back to customers within 48 hours and i have a pretty good track record in do that, i fell way too short in your case. I wanted to make sure that you did eventually get my response to you that explained that i am not a roof...

Remodeling - general, kitchen & bathroom, lighting, faucets, garbage disposals. Termite & dry rot repair. Decks. Tree service. Siding, painting, drywall repair, stucco repair, windows & doors, baseboards, cabinets.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa