Alford's English Gardens

A 101 Reviews

Founded 2006 • Angie's List since March 2009

1840 E 29th St

Signal Hill, CA 90755

Alford’s English Gardens Inc. is an award winning landscape design and installation firm located in Signal Hill Ca. Kathy Alford, along with her staff and crew, have been designing and installing beautiful gardens in the Los Angeles and Orange County area for over 18 years. All of our designers are Certified Horticulturists with the latest training in design as well as in all plant material. • We are careful to implement all requirements from the State of California on low water gardens. • We use WCOLS for water usage on all plants. • The style of home is taken into consideration when selecting plants to assure ascetics as well as function in the garden. • All of our designs can be submitted to water departments for approval in rebate programs. All crew members boast certification in various areas on installation. • We are certified in smart clocks • The latest drip irrigation • ICPI trained and Certified in interlocking pavers Each crew member is accompanied by a foreman or supervisor while on site. Neatness and cleanliness are a must while working on properties. Our goal at Alford’s English Gardens Inc. is to design and install a unique garden that fits, your house, lifestyle and budget. Together as a team- we will design and install a long lasting low water garden that fits you, your family and your home. • Some of our popular garden designs and Installations include: • Sustainable gardens • Native gardens, • Zen gardens • Traditional/Family gardens • Cottage gardens • Historic homes • …and of course! English gardens. • California Landcape contractor C27 #831062 • Member of California Contractors Association (CLCA) • Associate Member of Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD) • Qualified Pest Control Applicator with the State of California (QAL) • Certified with Smart Controllers • Certified Horticulturist • Master Gardener • Bonded and Insured • Design experience for over 18 years We accept as payment: Check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover *** We Do Not use Subcontractors...

lawn & landscaping (95)hardscaping (29)landscape lighting (16)irrigation system (27)lawn care (20)tree service (14)lighting (12)stone and gravel (10)fountain installation (4)mulch delivering (4)

11/28/2019

wonderful job. loved all their work

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
complete new yard design and installed profesionally

CATEGORY landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,fountains,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2019

11/19/2019

I had a great experience because the designers took my rather eclectic ideas and made them work without moving some trees and a vegetable garden that were important to me. My yard looks totally different, yet still has some familiar items. I'm very happy with the results.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping

CATEGORY landscaping,irrigation systems,pavers, gravel

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/08/2019

11/19/2019

All was very good? the team was very easy to work with and very professional? all work done to perfection and in a very timely manner.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping Design, new lawn with sprinklers? Hardscape with pavers and lighting

CATEGORY landscaping,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/07/2019

11/19/2019

The crew started work promptly and worked very efficiently. They answered all questions that I posed and kept us informed with what was going on. The project was completed in a timely manner and looks beautiful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping

CATEGORY landscaping,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/19/2019

11/19/2019

From the very beginning of meeting and designing, Kathy and her team were exemplary. I got 4 bids. Kathy listened carefully and created a beautiful plan that was what I wanted. She made excellent suggestions to keep cost down but did not compromise on quality. Ultimately, her work was not the cheapest but it was by far the best from day one to today. Her team were on time, excellent in skill, crea...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping

CATEGORY electrician,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,pavers, gravel,fountains,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/19/2019

11/19/2019

Alford’s does top notch work. I have had them landscape the front and back. The crew is always a pleasure to work with and Kathy is amazing. We truly have a great home and enjoy our yard due to the great work Alford’s has done. Our backyard kitchen is a dream and the landscaping is beautiful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping

CATEGORY concrete driveway,landscaping,irrigation systems,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/20/2019

11/19/2019

Planning started with many questions to understand what we wanted, then there were computer-generated images of variations of how the finished product might look, followed by our input and then revisions to incorporate our wishes. In-house crews assured that work was done to Alford's high standards - and mine. Homeowner input, including some hardscape and lighting changes during the course of work...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping and hardscaping design, planting and sod installation, driveway and patio pavers, sitting wall, decorative lighting, timer-controlled irrigation, and re-installation of an existing fountain.

CATEGORY concrete driveway,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,lighting,masonry,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/01/2018

09/28/2018

FANTASTIC! Kathy and her team did a wonderful job transforming our dated front yard into a beautiful patio and garden area! Kathy was easy to work with, answered questions quickly, her team was meticulous in all of their work from the removal of our old lawn and garden to the installation of our patio and beautiful new plants. We could not have asked for a better partner to make our home and front...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Renovation of front yard (installation of patio and new garden)

CATEGORY landscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/28/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! You made it easy. You were such a delight to work with. Kathy

08/08/2018

What a great experience and enjoyed every minute from the meeting with Kathy and her crew. To having her design team draw up our design. Then a week or so later her incredible team came out with over 85 plants and turn our front yard into a a beautiful and colorfully garden. THANK YOU KATHY AND OUR TEAM !!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My front yard landscape ...

CATEGORY landscaping,irrigation systems,outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/16/2018

12/18/2016

In one word: Amazing! From start to finish, this was a great experience. My house is 100 years old, so I've done quite a few projects. This, without a doubt, was my best experience. I met with several landscapers before Kathy, and she was the first to listen to my ideas, then convert them into a design I loved. Her team was awesome -- I can't say enough about them. Miguel and his crew treated the ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had my entire backyard designed and landscaped by Alford.

CATEGORY electrician,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,lighting,pavers, gravel,tree service,fountains,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/18/2016

Photo for Alford's English Gardens - 1840 E 29th St, Signal Hill, CA - 34149528

Computer generated color design with call outs in irrigation, lighting, specialty details 3-D renderings Eco friendly Demo and Prep of garden Soil testing and amending Custom irrigation including water saving drip irrigation and Netafim irrigation Drainage Custom Arbors, Gates, Fences, Swings, House Façade Custom Hardscape flagstone Pavers, Cement, walkways, pillars, walls Low voltage Mood lighting, LED

We do not do pool design, maintenance or tree pruning.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover