Addition Building & Design Inc

Founded 1987 • Angie's List since January 2010

C Rated | 19 Reviews

Welcome, Thank you for considering Addition Building & Design, Inc. -- BIA, USGBC and ASID/AIA Industry Partners - to partner with you on your home renovation. We are a Design/Build firm providing "One Stop Shopping" 3D Architectural / Structural Calculations, Interior and Outdoor Living Area Designs. We expedite Plans and Permits for New Construction and Remodeling Projects---with expertise in hillside and difficult lots. 8 times nominated as Top 500 Company in USA by Professional Remodeling Magazine. We have 2 goals: 1. Limit unforeseen circumstances that can slow down a project 2. Minimize change orders When designing your project, we showcase the latest products, technologies and design trends in home building today: Sustainability Comfort Health & safety. We design/build all home styles- Cape Cod, Traditional, Modern, Mediterranean, Modern Farm House, Craftsman and many more The systems and technologies that will run your home include- but not limited too- high-efficiency tankless water heaters, advanced framing, insulation w/ air sealing, energy management system, and hydronic air handlers. Our homes boast weather sensitive irrigation systems, intelligent fireplaces, electric car chargers and water purification systems. Your homes stunning finishes and impressive green package will be an inspiration to your friends and relatives who visit. I look forward to meeting you soon. Mike Ross, CEO...

Bob's Painting Co

17  REVIEWS
Bob's Painting Co

With over 35 years of experience, professionally painting houses inside and out. My commitment to excellence has resulted in Pleased Local Clients who will attest to the high level of service I have provided them at very reasonable prices. See Website for Pictures & Testimonials on our website.

Award 2019

08/30/2017

They have a good price, they are really proffesional and very understanding!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He did some framing and did the interior stucco of my house.

CATEGORY home builders

08/26/2017

We are taking him to court and was immediately served with a counter-suit. The mark of a true scoundrel. Open to class action suits, we know there are many others he has robbed. Contact me at; [redacted]

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
What a nightmare. Deserves 5 years in Federal prison for fraud. We hired Mike Ross from Houzz based on his shiny reviews. We were restoring a 1920's craftsman. Wanted to keep as much as possible while adding a bathroom and updating the wiring, plumbing, foundation, etc. Mike is quite the salesman, over-promised, under-delivered but charged a premium. Cost us a quarter million in the end. We discovered later he was using our money to pay off his legal fees and subcontractors from previous projects (unrelated to our own). Only took a couple weeks in to realize the HUGE mistake me had made by hiring Mike Ross from Addition Building & Design. First his project manager (Cameron, cost $20k), naively admitted to me it was her fist job ever. While rarely being on site, I spent most of my time training her on how to check work and basic construction routines. Mike Ross charged us double what the subcontractors were charging him, (I openly communicated with the subs since the PM was never there). When I scolded Mike for such irresponsibility he played the victim role. I've heard it many times and started preparing for the worst once Mike Ross showed his true colors. Hired sloppy subcontractors, underpaid them resulting in sloppy work, I've seen better craftsmanship in Rio's Favelas. The Electrician (unlicensed, cost $30k) failed to ground all of the new wiring or remove the old casing. A huge fire hazard. We didn't pass final inspection and have hired a competent electrician to correct all the mistakes. Another $5k wasted. The plumbers (barely spoke English) failed to follow our instructions when installing hardware & overflow valves and now our claw foot tub is close to useless, while the shower is an inadequate novelty at best. We have flooding under the water heater (from failing to install a pump) and inconsistent water pressure through-out the house. The painters slopped glaze all over the single pane windows on every side of the house, painted over peeling exterior paint. Refused to produce evidence proving he used the proper EPA approved lead sealing primer. The whole 1st floor was un-level (contract states to level floor). Kitchen floor tile (marble) is uneven with sloppy grout work. Another $15k for new tile and cabinets, (my designer is furious about replacing the custom marble counter tops. Hand picked from a unique slab). His license isn't in his name and is suspended for failing to pay workman's comp. The city is investigating him. There is so much more, the list goes on.

CATEGORY ceramic tile, flooring, remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, sunrooms

10/21/2014

I have worked closely with Mike Ross on several projects and he has always been very professional and courteous. He always wants the best for the client and works with them to make sure they are really getting what they want. He is respectful of the budget. He likes to keep the clients abreast of the progress with each project. He meets with each client to make sure they are on the same page about...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Professionally and courteously helps the clients

CATEGORY home builders

04/03/2014

It was a great experience. Smooth sailing.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I want to say thank you Mike. Ross and his team.  I had my home completely remolded and it looks amazing.  They were neat and courteous and always on time.  If you are  looking for a trustworthy contractor Mike Ross is your guy.  I have my friend redoing her home now because of how amazing mine came out.

CATEGORY remodeling, home builders

03/30/2014

Having purchased our first house in Valley Glen, North Hollywood, we were aware it was in need of serious remodeling. A 1950s Ranch-style home, it came complete with peeling wallpaper, musty carpeting, and even some dilapidated walls. As first-time homeowners we were prepared to spend more money to improve it, but weary when we began meeting contractors. Buyer?s remorse already set in when we inte...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Upgraded a 1400 sq.ft Ranch home to a 3000 sq.ft Craftsman house. Including: a new 850 sq.ft Master Bedroom, fireplace, and a steam unit in the bath; a cozy home theater room, laundry room, overhauled the landscape,  including a new deck and patio with a trellis; Green Design and Smart Home features complete with HVAC Nest, solar tubes, and much more.

CATEGORY decks, landscaper, remodeling, fireplaces, home builders, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

1. High - Performance Custom Homes 2. Room Additions & Remodeling 3. Outdoor Living Spaces 4. Construction Management Spaces 5. Hillside experts 6. FENG SHUI Design Elements 7. Kitchen & Bathroom Design/Installations 8. Certified Green Builder in California

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available