Sonic.net Inc

Founded 1994 • Angie's List since September 2006

B Rated | 21 Reviews

Sonic.net is an Internet provider and telephone company, dedicated to delivering fast, reliable and inexpensive connectivity and phone service with award-winning technical support. Television bundles also available....

12/04/2016

I've reported this to the company and they told me they're working on the "problem." I asked for money back for all the days service has not been working, and the technician said the manager would give a refund once the problem is completely resolved. I asked when that would be, to no response. The problem continues.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I moved to northern CA recently and signed up for phone and internet wth Sonic--it had been rated highly on Angie's List. Phone service has been consistently unreliable, with dropped calls occurring quite frequently, 100% dropped on any calls more than 30 minutes. I really wanted to give a local company a chance especially when they compete with a behemoth but if you don't get what you pay for, and they can't deliver on the goods promised, there's no point in supporting a local company.

02/13/2016

Sonic resells AT&T U-Verse services at a fraction of the price.   The installer was from AT&T.  They were very professional. Working with Sonic requires some patience, because they are swamped with business.  Persistence and patience pays off in the end.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed fiber-based internet service.  I now have 50Mbs internet and voice over IP.  I'm very happy with the service and glad that I no longer have to rely on Comcast for high-speed internet.  I'm also glad that I don't have to interact with AT&T.

07/28/2014

They were on time and made sure that the job was done right. Very pleasant.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Two trips- one for original installation and then they replaced the old wiring from phone box to modem.

07/21/2014

Service was excellent. The technician (Kyle) went above and beyond to make sure the install was done properly and the new service was working before he left. He first verified new lines were installed properly by ATand T. They were not so he contacted ATand T and worked with the ATand T tech to get everything working. He then crawled under my house to verify the condition of my existing phone wiri...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install two line fusion DSL service and bonding modem

CATEGORY internet service

07/03/2014

Excellent service. No extra charge for "high bandwidth" - my previous provider (ATT) suddenly started charging us because we watch video on Netflix.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
DSL (ISP)

CATEGORY internet service