Allen Construction

Founded 1983 • Angie's List since March 2010

Additional contact name - Bryan Henson, Ian Cronshaw, Dennis Allen. Additional DBA - Allen Dennis Associates, Dennis Allen Associates, Allen & Associates Building. Additional email - hr@buildallen.com. License number - 503300....

SOLARGEM

23  REVIEWS
SOLARGEM

SolarGem is a family owned and operated business that prides itself on the quality of our work and personalized service. Our reputation as detail oriented, thorough, turnkey operation precedes us. Let us show you how affordable solar can be!!

Offers by SOLARGEM on Angie's List

09/29/2014

Allen construction has a phenomenal team.  They strive to please the customer , they and constrictors, professional and knowledgeable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installation of all windows and doors repair of dry rot: Install french drains, bathroom remodel; paint interior; remove all stucco and replaced new roof.

CATEGORY remodeling

Thank you for your kind words about Allen Construction [members name]! We have always enjoyed working with you.

09/04/2014

They took over organizing everything, made some of the subs do everything over if it was not done well and made sure everyone showed up. I didn't have to deal with any of it. They didn't leave a mess anywhere. Then, a few months later, when I was having problem with the LED lights with the dimmers, they came back several times to be sure that everything was perfect. I waited to write this review b...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I hired them to evaluate my home to put on solar panels as I wanted to be "greener". They sent in their energy conservation experts and at a very reasonable price, made many changes that have significantly decreased my electric bill.

CATEGORY solar panels

[member name removed]- Thank you so much for your kind review of Allen Construction. We are so glad that you are satisfied with our service. We enjoyed working with you and thank you for going solar!

03/27/2014

My historic electrical use is quite low but I plan to install an air conditioning system and to purchase a hybrid-electric car. I felt that installing a solar voltaic system would be an ideal solution to help offset my projected increase in electric consumption. I interviewed two solar installation contractors. I selected Allen Associates - Building Performance and Solar Division to design and ins...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install a 13-650 Solar Voltaic System on the roof of my residence. The system included 15 REC Group 260 Watt PV modules, 15 EnPhase 215 Micro-Inverters on a mounting system and all electrical accouterments. They obtained permits and facilitated the Permission to Operate from SCE.

CATEGORY solar panels,energy audit

[removed member name]- Thank you for the very thorough description of the work we provided you. We are so glad that you were happy with the services we provided. Thank you for your effort to be energy efficient and provide your own power. We hope more people follow your lead.

09/03/2013

Allen Associates has done great work for us. They remodeled our house and built a small guest house 25 years ago. We were very happy with their work. Since then we have had them do some small repair work on a deck, add some grab bars to showers, add a railing to front steps, and other work. As part of a full service builder, the Building Care and Repair division has done some of the work themselve...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Most recently, the Building Care and Repair division of Allen Associates did some repairs around our house and remodeled a bathroom/kitchen nook in a guest house that they had built for us 25 years ago. Some work was done by them and some by sub-contractors.

CATEGORY ceramic tile,countertops,electrician,handyman service,plumbing,remodeling,deck cleaning,bathroom & kitchen remodeling

[member name removed] - Here is a VERY belated thank you for your positive review of Allen Construction's Care & Repair Division (note our new name!). We take pride in both the quality of our customer relationships and the service we provide. We are so glad that you had a positive experience with our company. We are here when you need us again!

05/01/2013

They were excellent. They had great communication and professional. They were also personable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did exterior wall repairs, some roofing, energy efficient fittings and framing.

CATEGORY contractors,remodeling,roofing,energy audit

Custom building, building care & repair, home performance, contracting, remodeling & LEED consulting & commercial construction.