SUNSET SEWING CENTER

Angie's List since February 2005

B Rated | 5 Reviews

If you are looking for a quality vacuum that will last longer than your carpet or if you need vacuum service and/or repair, then you have come to the right place. For over 38 years now, Sunset Sewing and Vacuum Center is known for servicing your vacuum right the first time, GUARANTEED! We carry a full line of vacuums, bags, belts, filters, HEPA filters, vacuum cleaner parts and shampoo for all vacuums including Miele, Dyson, Eureka, Oreck, Hoover, Panasonic, Pullman-Holt, Dirt Devil, and many others. We offer same-day service and FREE ESTIMATES!...

D

09/06/2012

Sorry, I wrote the story up above.  I can't seem to copy and paste it here.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a Bernette serger from about 30 years ago and the handwheel was stuck.   First of all, the guy told me it was $100 out the door.  I did not call around because this place was five minutes from my house, and I just decided to chance it.  I looked at the prices of  new sergers and thought i would go for it.  Okay, the guy did unstick the hand wheel, but he told me he could not fix one of the loopers and just not to use it.  What disturbed me most about my interaction is that the guy never ever explained anything to me.  I tried to ask him when I brought it in what he would do, and he just sort of grunted.  Then when I picked it up, he did not tell me what he had done. I got the impression that it was not that hard to unstick the wheel and maybe i could have done it myself.  The machine does work, not great, but it works.    Now my Bernina needs some work, and the new place I called quoted $60 out the door.  Maybe it is a language and cultural issue, but I really would have liked to have known what was wrong, what he did, how much time he spent, and just a few minutes of conversation about sergers. Oh, I admit, he did tell me it was very important not to go too fast with them, that people have a tendency to do this and then they break.  I do not really know if I am being fair here to him.  I am sorry, I feel bad to write a poor review.

04/26/2012

Dropped it off, the man fixed it and we picked it up. He called us when we were late picking it up to remind us it was ready. The machine worked well after we took it home.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sewing machine tune-up

04/02/2011

Outstandfing!!!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
WONDERFUL!!!!!!

CATEGORY sewing machine repair,small appliance repair

03/17/2010

Took the vaccum in and got a date to return to pick it up. It was ready on time and the owner was very plesant and the price very fair.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had a vacuum repaired. I have used them for many years with previous owner and present .They both did quality work. I purchased a vaccum for my home and had the business vaccum repaired.

02/23/2005

CLERKS ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE AND HELPFUL. HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS 20 + YEARS.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
SEWING MACHINE SERVICED.

CATEGORY sewing machine repair

SMALL APPLIANCE REPAIR, SEWING MACHINE, VACUUM CLEANER REPAIR.WE ARE WARRANTY CTR

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check, Financing Available