Allied Engine & Auto Repair

31  REVIEWS
HAYES AUTO REPAIR

Auto body and service

04/17/2013

Alllied engine has cared for the cars of my husband, mine our children, It is obvious we are very happy and secure with the service. We have sent many of our friends here and theyare now loyal customers, as well

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have been doing business with Allied Engine for 30 years. We have always been more than satisfied. Paul Gretch is an excellent auto mechanic. He cared for my 63 Pontiac Catalina until I sold it in 1989 with 47,000 miles. The purchaser drove it back to Illinois without a problem and is still enjoy the ride. The 1963 Pontiacs had "slim jim" Transmission. It was a small transmision and there was not enough room to install a new one. Paul continually fixed thetransmission and it ran for years and is still running. We have recommended Paul to our friends and they continue to take their cars to Allied

02/28/2013

They were a little slow. We have an older car that needed parts and it took awhile to get all the parts. They do good work and they are reasonably priced.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I last used Allied Engine & Auto Repair about 2 years ago.

11/05/2012

Allied Engine and Auto Repair are the best! I've been going there since the mid 80s and he's the bomb. It's just him and his wife and he's really good and caring. We have a new car and he said he would work on it. I trust him and recommended him to a lot of my friends.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I just sold my car and Allied Engine & Auto Repair helped me with it and didn't charge me a thing. He was telling me what to do and I posted it online and he told me to have them call him because he did all the work on the car. He told me what a good job it was and the car was in good shape and I took good care of it and if I wasn't comfortable with them coming to my home to look at the car that I could bring it to him and he'd show it for me.

04/19/2012

There isn't car Allied Engine cannot fix or restore. I would recommend him to anyone who loves their car.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a 1963 Pontiac Convertible. Paul kept my car running until I sold it to a collector, in 1989. The car is still running and resides in McHenry, Il. Pontiac installed "Slim Jim" transmisions in their cars which where terrible and fragile. Also you could not replace the transmission because there was no room to place it. We have recommended Paul to many people and they call to thank us. Everyone thinks he is great. We think so too.

CATEGORY

11/14/2011

They charged us $1500 for their services. They did a good job, but they were a little slow. However, that is acceptable since the car was 20 years old. So, they did have some difficulties finding parts and we understood.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Allied Engine & Auto Repair rebuilt the transmission on our car within the past three months.

CATEGORY transmission repair