San Diego Cardiac Ctr

Founded 1977 • Angie's List since October 2008

Not Rated| 5 Reviews

San Diego Cardiac Center provides a synergistic approach to cardiology by offering prevention, diagnosis, intervention, and treatment. We are the only private medical group in San Diego County covering all aspects of cardiac care ranging from dietary management to heart transplant. Each of our eight doctors is Board Certified and at the forefront of industry breakthroughs and brings to the group a specific area of expertise. Our facility features the most advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies available. Our diagnostic testing center includes an Accredited Nuclear Cardiology Laboratory and an Accredited Echocardiography Laboratory. Our involvement in cardiovascular research has been instrumental in the innovation and availability of new therapies and medication. As a team with our impeccable support staff, we have worked together since 1977, bringing over 30 years of cardiovascular diagnosis, treatment prevention and research expertise. Our physicians work closely with Sharp Healthcare and utilize the hospital for any invasive procedures. Free parking is available at our facility. We accept Medicare and most PPO insurances. We also accept HMO coverage through Sharp Community Medical Group....

12/18/2014

04/12/2012

He listens to what I have to say.  He is very personable.  I was sent to another doctor who was totally insulting and I had bad experience with him.  Overall Dr Hoagland was good.  He was part of a team of 8 doctors.  I find all the doctors are very busy.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I went to Dr Peter M Hoagland for general heart care.

03/15/2011

He is extremely knowledgeable and professional. He is well respected. His office is top notch. They are very good. His treatment works for me.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Mahan is my cardiologist.

08/07/2009

I look at him as a life-saver. He has been a great help for me. I've been getting pretty good care from him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He is my cardiologist. I have been seeing him for seven years.

03/24/2009

He has undergone open heart surgery hisself twice. He is a person that gives you a lot of confidence in his capacity to help you. Identified my daughter with Marfan's syndrome and she has treatment now for that. I see him once a year for follow ups. He was the chief of staff in 2006 when I had my open heart surgery at Sharps Memorial Hospital.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He has been my cardiologist for about the last 3 years.

CATEGORY interventional cardiologist

A full range of cardiology services are available, including diagnostic testing, general cardiology, interventional cardiology, peripheral interventions, electrophysiology including ablation therapy and placement of pacemakers and defibbrilators, management of pre and post heart transplants, LVAD management and heart failure management.