R & D Pest Services

A 136 Reviews

Founded 1988 • Angie's List since October 2005

11956 Bernardo Plaza Dr Ste 523

San Diego, CA 92128

Since 1988 R&D Pest Services, Inc. has been on the leading edge in delivering low-impact, highly effective solutions to pest problems in homes and businesses. We pioneered the "outside only" approach to solving ant invasions in structures, and our penchant for innovation has kept us on the forefront in ant control, spider control, and general insect and rodent control. We do not currently provide termite services. All technicians have multiple licenses. Angie's List Super Service Award Winning. We are locally owned & operated by co-founders with UC degrees in Chemistry and Entomology. ...

pest control (136)

09/25/2020

Had tons of ants. They came right away. Sprayed outside and left sme bait inside. No ants since. Set up bimonthly service

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Pest spray

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/09/2020

09/20/2019

Dave is the best! Timely, efficient, courteous, and professional, and no more ants! I would highly recommend R&D Pest Services!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
exterior spraying for ants/spiders

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/20/2019

07/05/2019

Never responded to my phone call requesting pest control services.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Pest control

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/05/2019

I wish we were perfect. Sadly it isn't possible in the real world. When a mistake does happen we do everything we can to make it right. In this case we never got the chance - she called once, something fouled up with the message, and she went straight to an F review. A bit unfair for someone we have never done work for or even talked to. Anytime you don't hear back from us promptly there was likel...

09/23/2018

R&D Pest Services has been providing rodent bait station services to ensure that critters remain outside my home. Our tech, Marco, has been great answering questions, always leaves a note summarizing his observations, and is very tidy with his work. Ever since R&D began servicing my home, the number of rodents I have seen outside has drastically gone down.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Outdoor Pest Services

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/25/2018

09/12/2018

so far, ok. I have plague with ants for years. I tempted to spray it myself. It did not work. These people did the job and it work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
ant control

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/03/2018

09/03/2018

He came on time and sprayed all around the house. The ants went away for about 7 weeks, then returned. I called them for help and he said they were booked all week and he would call me to arrange something for the next week. He never called. I couldn't wait that long anyway, so I sprayed Raid all around the outside of the house where the ants were coming in. That has worked for several weeks so fa...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Spraying for ants

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/18/2018

08/10/2018

Tried everything myself I could think of, nothing worked consistently. I have a sensitivity to chemicals so I was very selective in finding the right company. I am an organic gardener so using the right product was very important to me. I have had a contract with them for about 3 years now. Dave was amazing at educating me about the product and making me feel comfortable with its use. He is very k...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had a terrible problem with ants

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/26/2018

07/23/2018

I used them last year and the ants disappeared for almost a year. So, when the ants came back, I called R&D again. They came out quickly and sprayed all around my house and yards. The ants left immediately and haven’t returned.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Get rid of ants

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/14/2018

06/05/2018

We have never had anything but great results. When we skipped a service, we noticed how quickly the bugs invaded. We’ll never make that mistake again

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have been using R&D for several years to keep the spiders and other critters away

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/01/2018

04/02/2018

Dave comes every 2 months. We now have no worries about ants. He always calls and lets us know when he is coming. He encourages us to call if we have any problems before his next scheduled visit. He’s friendly and reliable. It a local company and would highly recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ant control

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/25/2018

General Pest Service (except termite), Ant Control, Spider Control, Rodent Control

Termite Inspection & Control, Large Animal Trapping, Bird Control