Down Under Services

A296 REVIEWS

Founded 2005 • Angie's List since April 2006

P.O. BOX 6609

San Diego, CA 92166

We are a locally owned and operated company with over 10+ years of experience in residential and commercial landscaping and maintenance here in San Diego. Let us show you our quick, reliable and professional touch for any of your home needs. What you see is what you get and we ensure you will be satisfied with our work. We would like you to be our next happy customer!...

Lawn and Yard Work (228)Lawn Irrigation (99)Landscaping (56)Lawn Fertilization & Treatment (20)Tree Service (19)Pavers and Hardscaping (13)Mulch and Topsoil (12)Electrical (5)Excavating (3)Stone and Gravel (3)

05/31/2014

I called to schedule an appointment and they called me right back.  They quoted $90 front/back for lawn aeration and I made an appointment on memorial day.  They showed up on time and did an outstanding job.  I purchased gypsum and they placed this for me on my lawn after aeration. I would highly recommend them!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Aeration for my front and back lawn

CATEGORY lawn treatment

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/26/2014

05/27/2014

They did an alright job.  I had to pay more.  They had to come back and fix something else in the system and paid more again.  It worked for a while and then stopped.  They fixed the problem with the system.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased a Big Deal for a complete sprinkler tune-up.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/06/2012

C

05/22/2014

He came and didn't do anything.  He gave me an appraisal to do other work.  The person who came out wasn't the owner.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased a big deal for a complete sprinkler tune-up.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/30/2012

Don't even know who you are , are you a competitor trying to damage our reputation ?

05/19/2014

They did a good job, were friendly, and did what I asked them to do. They forgot to bring their hedge trimmers, so they came back out the next day and did it. They also cleaned up well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I bought a Big Deal from them for 4 hours of landscape clean-up and maintenance.

CATEGORY landscaper

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/30/2013

05/13/2014

They were okay. I don't have any bad memories of it. They didn't charge me more than the big deal purchase.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased a big deal for Down Under Services. The deal as for the lawn fertilization and aeration treatment.

CATEGORY lawn treatment

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/03/2011

05/13/2014

It was a good experience. They came on time and were professional. They did a good job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used Down Under Services to do some work in my yard. They repaired my sprinkler system

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/14/2014

05/13/2014

We haven't gotten back to him, so, it is still outstanding. We had purchased  a big deal for the work, but we haven't used it yet. He came out timely. He was reasonable. He was going to charge me for the dump run, which was not part of the quote, and I was thinking I could just put it in my truck and do the dump run, it would be cheaper.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We got a quote from Down Under Services. The man came out, he took a look at the work, and he gave us a quote for mostly hedge work. We have a large hedge at the back of our house, and we want it to be trimmed back, shaped nicely, and everything hauled away. It is a 40foot high hedge.

CATEGORY landscaper

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/16/2013

04/30/2014

They dug down 8 inches across an area about 30 feet by 5 feet. They replanted some existing and some new plants. They provided new top soil.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Down Under Services rebuilt a bank for us.

CATEGORY lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/21/2014

04/28/2014

Very courteous on phone; followed up promptly with phone calls;  arrived on time; professional appearance; completed the work in a timely manner; cleaned up after self.  Excellent work; very pleased with results; will definitely use again and recommend! Thank you for a job well done!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This was an Angie's Deal of 4 hours of yard maintenance or clean-up. Prior to arrival, had a list of landscaping tasks to be completed ( remove two branches from a tree, manicure a 6-7 ft. hedge, manicure several other smaller hedges and trees).

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service, tree service

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/21/2014

04/26/2014

Down Under always does a good job. In this case, we bought a deal but then had a lot of other work done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
extensive landscape cleanup, grading in back yard, moving of plants, cutting of boxwood hedges, removal of weeds and trash,

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/01/2014

Landscape & lawn maintenance, irrigation and sprinkler installation & repair, aeration and fertilization & stump grinding.

ask for details