Down Under Services

A 297 Reviews

Founded 2005 • Angie's List since April 2006

P.O. BOX 6609

San Diego, CA 92166

We are a locally owned and operated company with over 10+ years of experience in residential and commercial landscaping and maintenance here in San Diego. Let us show you our quick, reliable and professional touch for any of your home needs. What you see is what you get and we ensure you will be satisfied with our work. We would like you to be our next happy customer!...

lawn care (229)irrigation system (100)lawn & landscaping (56)lawn treatment (20)tree service (19)hardscaping (13)mulch delivering (12)electrical (5)stone and gravel (3)excavating (3)

08/06/2019

I scheduled them to come give me an estimate for irrigation work. After only a couple of minutes the guy told me it would cost $960 total with $300 of that for a single part, a part that can be bought for $60. He gave no breakdown of how he came up with that outrageous number and was gone after less than 5 minutes total. He didn't even give me anything in writing, which is the most important part ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Irrigation services

CATEGORY irrigation systems

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/08/2019

07/01/2019

Excellent communication. Timely and professional service. I had an idea of what I wanted but Oscar was able to give me advice and suggestions on details.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front Yard Landscape

CATEGORY excavators,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,mulch,pavers, gravel

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/18/2019

03/10/2017

Oscar and his crew were professional, friendly and affordable. The whole job looked so nice, I would recommend Down Under Services to anyone needing landscaping work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Originally I asked for a small retaining wall, a 7' X 7' patio, staggered stepping stone pathway and crushed rock for my side yard and front yard. He went the extra steps to find the colored pebbles I wanted for the yard at a price that was affordable. I was really pleased with the out come of the job and felt comfortable enough to trust Oscar to do the job without me being there. A few weeks later I had them back to finish the back yard.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/08/2017

01/05/2017

Oscar and his crew have been providers of the landscape maintenance services for our family's rental property.  As I am not local, it is important to me that services are done on schedule and with professionalism.  They have certainly been reliable and more important than that, have been very respectful of the needs of our tenants.  Since contracting with Down Under Services, we have had multiple ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Down Under Services provides regular, scheduled landscape maintenance service on our property.

CATEGORY landscaping,lawn service,tree service

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/30/2016

12/23/2016

The best landscape crew we have had in 30 years of owning this home! They pay great attention to detail, and are quick to respond if a problem arises. They work hard, have a great attitude, and are very professional. Our yard always looks so great, and we receive many compliments from the neighbors.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Down Under Services did a complete make-over to a more drought tolerant landscape two years ago, and they now do our ongoing yard maintenance on a weekly basis.

CATEGORY landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,lawn treatment,mulch,pavers, gravel

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/22/2016

11/11/2016

We are so pleased with the entire project. They did a wonderful job. All the workers were so nice. Oscar has a great crew.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We originally asked for a retaining wall and stairs to be built. They did such a great job, we had them replace a cracked driveway, new walkway and front porch, removed decorator rock front and back yard and replaced with shaved bark, installed new irrigation system and trimmed neighbor's tree. Great job again. So, we had them do our landscaping, and now our gardening every 2 weeks.

CATEGORY electrician,excavators,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,lawn treatment,mulch,tree service,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/23/2016

11/07/2016

CA State License Board shows suspended License

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/07/2016

License is suspended because we are replacing the qualified individual, as we are allowed to , because personnel change from time to time . You DO NOT need a contractors license to do maintenance work . Why would you rate us an F because of that , it's about our quality of work and service?

06/24/2016

Not as well as we hoped. It looked good a first when Omar came by, quoted us $600 for the job, and initially installed the tube system. Then he "discovered" that we needed new regulators (two) because the water pressure was too high. Even with the new regulators that were an additional purchase item, the dripper heads all kept falling off. Omar was really good by coming back to "fix" them by putti...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Irrigation services to replace an existing set up in my yard. Went from sprinklers (grass) to drippers (drought tolerant).

CATEGORY irrigation systems

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/24/2016

D

03/20/2016

Sorry, I tried. I tried really hard. I hired Oscar and his team for over six months at twice a month. They did a reasonable if a little expensive Jon on irrigation. Rates for fertilization were so ridiculously high that I just did it myself. But the issue was weeds. His team refused to do a good job pulling weeds. There are weeds throughout the lawn in the planter beds, between rocks... Despite at...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscape maintenance

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/12/2016

? If you have fired 6 gardeners for the same issue , do you think it's a possibility , that your requirements are not realistic ? Weeds in lawn , as you were advised , cannot be pulled because they re grow . They need to be destroyed systematically , with approved herbicides. We also advised that we do not hold a license to spray pesticides, and we will not perform illegal activities even if threa...

12/28/2015

It went very well and I recommend them for not only the special yard cleanup and monthly yard care, but also the regrading and other things I asked them to do in the yard.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have hired them for a twice monthly yard service.  I also had them regrade the back yard and put in some retaining wall and drainiage to control water flow.

CATEGORY landscaping,lawn service,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/12/2015

Landscape & lawn maintenance, irrigation and sprinkler installation & repair, aeration and fertilization & stump grinding.

ask for details