Barney's Handyman Service

Founded 2009 • Angie's List since July 2014

I've always loved fixing and building things, problem solving and helping people. I enjoy the variety of jobs, meeting new people and the fulfillment I get from helping my clients who don't have the time or inclination to complete those to-do lists that always come with home, business or rental property ownership. This is the most rewarding job I've had! I offer free estimates and serve most of the San Diego area. You may find cheaper labor, but I doubt you’ll find a better value. I am dedicated to doing a great job and making it a pleasant experience. I do my best not to make a mess in the first place, and to leave the job space cleaner than when I arrived. My clients often contact me for more work and happily provide referrals and references. I also try my best to be a Green Business. Although my customers have the last word, I recycle and use recycled or environmentally friendly products and materials whenever possible, and donate anything that can be used by others, rather than add to the local landfill. Please note: Due to a high volume of work and client inquiries (thanks, Angie's List!) it has become nearly impossible to return phone calls in a timely manner. I know it sounds impersonal but please email your request in order to ensure a response, and please excuse delayed replies. It's just me, and sometimes it's difficult to keep up!...

N/A
Happy Plumbing Inc

06/12/2018

My wife and I utilized Barney's services while he was in the SF Bay Area. I wish he'd come back! Ever since he left, we've tried numerous individuals and none have Barney's knowledge, professionalism and friendliness. I'd highly recommend him and if he decides to come back to the Bay Area, he'd be the first person I'd work with.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General work on house (woodwork, electric, etc.)

CATEGORY electrician,handyman service,lighting,plumbing,interior painters

Thanks for the great review! I miss many of my Bay Area clients, and you and your wife (I think Angie's List redacts proper names) are at the top of that list. I look forward to seeing and working with you next time I'm in town.

09/04/2017

Fabulous! Barney is the BEST handyman I have ever worked with and I wholeheartedly recommend him. He is highly professional and produces high quality work. He is very responsive, clear about what his services entail, and is attentive to the details that matter in solving problems or addressing any issues that arise. He has a strong aesthetic sense which is important to me and makes his work stand ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Reorganizing my laundry room to accommodate much larger washer and dryer. This included installing and storing various household materials, tools as well as new fixtures, shelves, and photographs for making the space more efficient, accessible to reaching different items, and aesthetically pleasing. Building two eight food platforms to expand my attic space. Repainting my bathroom ceiling and touching up various areas throughout the house. He is impeccable with touch ups. Miscellaneous problem solving and installing of various fixtures in kitchen and throughout the house. Creating and securing screens to windows. Power washing the garden pathway pavers and porch.

CATEGORY decks,handyman service,pressure washing,home builders,window treatments,house painters,cabinet refacing

Thank you so much for the glowing review! It's been wonderful working with you over the past few years and I look forward to helping with whatever I can every time I return to the Bay Area.

04/26/2017

F , Fail to perform services as agreed upon.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I've initially contacted Barney on March 27,2017. I was given an appointment that was changed twice. He arrived at appointment late. He verbally agreed to perform two jobs, ( leaking pipe work was declined by Barney). He further delayed the job to April 20 due to his pending vacation. I did agree to wait for him based on his good Angie's reviews. However, he did not contact me on April 20, so I've sent him a message as he does not like to be contacted by phone. Barney responded by e- mail and said he was too busy to help me & to find someone else. I am upset to have waisted an entire month waiting for Barney. His word of job acceptance meant and is worthless.

CATEGORY garage doors,handyman service,plumbing,cabinet refacing

04/25/2017

Perfect. Responsiveness, attention to details, professionalism and great problem solving abilities make Barney the kind of handy man everyone is looking for.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Wall mount large 75" TV.

CATEGORY handyman service

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad you're satisfied with everything and it's always a pleasure working with you both. And thanks, again, for the gift basket and chairs. They really fit and look great in my "new" apartment. Hope to see you next time I'm in the Bay Area!

03/21/2017

Berney has been reliable & trustworthy. Not to mention, he does good work. We are having him come a third time & hope he will continue to be our handyman in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had basic handyman work to be done such as mounting tv's, putting the chords in the wall, hanging art work, & putting up wall shelves.

CATEGORY handyman service

Thanks for the wonderful review! It'[Member Information Removed] always a pleasure working with you and your family, and I look forward to seeing you to paint the office when I'm up in the Bay Area again. I still can't believe how quickly you settled into your new home! And please let me know if you'd like me to replace a couple of those light fixtures you weren't too fond of. (I know, that'[Membe...

Handyman Services - Art & Picture Hanging, Childproofing, Doors, Windows, Cabinets, Latches, Locks & Strike Plates, Light & Electrical Fixtures, Ceiling Fans, Tile, Grout, Caulking, Drywall Installation, Repair & Removal, Minor Plumbing, Light Cabinetry, Crown & Picture Molding, Baseboards, Appliance Repair, Removal & Installation, Power Washing, Painting- Interior, Deck & Fence Repair & Sealing, TV Mounting, Furniture Assembly, Garage Door Openers & Vanities.

Major Work- Remodel, Electrical, & Plumbing.