Appliance Installation Services

B Rated | 8 Reviews

BDP Services Inc.

11  REVIEWS
BDP Services Inc.

Plumbing, Drain Repair, Sewer Camera inspections. We offer the latest in high tech and environmentally friendly solutions. Our plumbers have a combined 75 years of experience. We are family owned and operated.

09/20/2015

Buyer beware - it took up to 3 Sears contracted installers (3rd technician from Appliance Installation Services San Diego, CA  due Monday 21 Sep) to properly (as of this writing the installation is not complete - but wanted to get info out to ALCON) to install a basic model, new Bosch dishwasher in a residential home.  Technician from Appliance Installation Services (AIS) San Diego, CA arrived Fri...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Buyer beware - it took up to 3 Sears contracted installers (3rd technician due Monday 21 Sep) to properly (as of this writing the installation is not complete - but wanted to get info out to ALCON) to install a basic model, new Bosch dishwasher in a residential home.  Technician from Appliance Installation Services (AIS) San Diego, CA arrived Fri 18 with new dishwasher - spent several hours installing  - assured homeowner spouse all was well.   First run of the dishwasher (later that evening) identified water leak at the water supply elbow.  Floor and entire underside of dishwasher (to include insulation)  under the toe panel was completely water saturated.    Homeowner called Appliance Installation Services (AIS) Sat 19 Sep  - gentlemen dispatched to house.  He identified leak - tightened water line elbow - determined leak fixed.   He stated he tightened the 90 degree elbow several turns.  Before tightening, the water supply line was attached to the elbow at 3 o'clock (90 degree) position.     When technician finished, the water supply line was attached at the elbow at the 360 degree (12 o'clock position).      During check, technician only opened d/w door slightly to test water intake/drain.  He used the controls on the top lip of the dishwasher to run test.  D/w filled and drained.  Technician asked the homeowner to let the insulation and bottom of d/w (floor underneath) dry out before reattaching the metal toe panel at the bottom.     Later that afternoon, homeowner attempted to open dishwasher door completely to load dirty dishes.  Door became stuck after 3/4 of the way open.  When homeowner looked under the door in vicinity of the toe panel to see why door was stuck,  he discovered the water supply line (which was now at the 12 o'clock position in relation to the elbow vice 3 clock) was being pinched by the d/w door, precluding the door from opening completely.  Homeowner called Appliance Installation Services again and SEARS to lodge formal complaint regarding slipshod workmanship and improper installation.  No answer from Appliance Installation Services, San Diego.   Message Left.   Lengthy conversation with multiple SEARS managers conducted. Company happy to let customer do without service over weekend.  No attempt made to make it right.  Appliance Installation Services technicians both exalt their expertise at installing appliances - but the reality is much different from their stated experience.   Result:  I spent over $900 to have a dishwasher installed that, as of this writing, 5 days later, is nothing more than an empty cabinet in my kitchen wall.  Caveat Emptor!

09/17/2014

I had talked with the service provider before they came out. I had to pay for the services before they came. I told them ahead of time that they would need to fill in space at the top of the window with wood. They had me measure the window so they would know how much material to bring to fill in the space. When the service provider arrived he said they don't install in this kind of window where sp...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Purchased installation service for a window air conditioning unit.

08/20/2013

3/2 Excellent

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
efficently install dishwasher

09/21/2012

I did not use them because they will not install my appliances that I already have. They will only install new appliances. They do not want the liability of someone saying they do not work after they installed them. I even offered to sign a waiver but they will not do it... and were not nice about it.

CATEGORY appliance repair,plumbing

05/03/2011

please see above

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They installed a microwave/ strove vent combo. They had to come out twice (not their fault--I did not have the correct shelf above my strove to install the microwave). The man who came the first time let us know the this company could also install the shelf for us but did not know the price. Right after he left I made another appointment to have the shelf and appliance installed but requested an updated estimate. They were scheduled to come out the next week but I never got a new estimate call from them. I had to call them for the new estimate a few days before the new scheduled date, I wanted the estimate for ALL the work--not just for installing the appliance, which I thought that I made clear, "Is this the price for anything?". I was quoted a price of between $100 to $150.00, the first estimate for microwave only was $100.00. The day of the appointment I was called and they asked if I had the new estimate, which I thought that I had, since I did talk to one of their installers. I replied that I thought it was going to be $100-150. After the work was done I was surprised to get an invoice for $225. I did question the bill since that is way off of the price quoted but the installer told me that the quote was for the shelf only, and that the appliance install was $100. So it came out to be $100 for the microwave and $125 for the shelf--which was the quoted price---but when I asked for the estimate I wanted the total price. I did like the work that was done, and the shelf looks nice. The installer was friendly and professional. He cleaned up everything and when all is said and done I work use them again--I would just make sure of the estimate!

Home & Kitchen appliance installation