SIERRA VALLEY MOVING & STORAGE INC

A 82 Reviews

Founded 1998 • Angie's List since January 2009

PO Box 340970

Sacramento, CA 95834

Sierra Valley Moving & Storage, Inc. opened for business in 1998. Starting with 1 truck and 2 men (the owners), Sierra Valley has grown into a full service moving and storage provider. Since 1998, Sierra Valley has become the regional company of choice for many commercial and private clients. We take pride in being flexible in order to meet the needs of our individual customers, and in acting as a support team for our corporate clients who need results in a timely manner. Ray Martinez and Larry Stokes, the owners, have more than 40 years of experience in the moving & storage industry, and have built their company on a foundation of customer satisfaction and personal accountability. Both are active in the daily operations of the company, and strive to develop personal relationships with repeat, and potential clients alike. Sierra Valley Moving handles all types of relocation, private and commercial. Office and household relocations, packing services, modular furniture installations, and furniture deliveries are all services that we provide. All of our trucks are equipped with lift gates, which promote both employee and product safety, and selected trucks are equipped with Air Ride vans for more sensitive cargo. In addition to rack space for palletized freight, our 45,000 sq. ft. storage facility is home to more than 450 storage vaults, and is fully alarmed to ensure protection of our customer’s product. *We are now an approved E-Waste Collection site! Call for details about an environmentally friendly way to dispose of unwanted electronics!...

moving (81)storage unit (2)

09/25/2020

Sierra Valley Moving and Storage were incredible to work with. Paul and Ray the owners were involved from start to finish. Ray came and gave us an estimate on both the cost and the amount of time the move would take, and Paul followed up after the move to see how things went. Everyone was prompt, professional, courteous and understanding. We had some drama which I felt terrible about but the movin...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moving business assets including desks and display cases

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/25/2020

03/08/2020

Excellent service throughout--the people were very professional, the movers brought sufficient materials to protect all furniture, and the staff went beyond expectations and took care of the little things as well as the big ones. I would highly recommend this company and its staff and would definitely use them again (though personally I hope to never have to move again overall!).

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
local moving services from 3 bedroom home to 4 bedroom home, one floor level at each place

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/27/2020

02/01/2019

Excellent service provided. Two truck loads of very heavy furniture was moved 250 miles away. The moving crew was on time and worked very hard to move all of the furniture safely and promptly. I would certainly use this company again for any move.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
moving a lot of office furniture

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/29/2019

12/06/2018

Excellent. We moved contents of a 2300 sq ft house to 4 different locations. We did some packing. Sierra did the rest. They provided all boxes and packing materials. We also changed the date for a portion of the move. Movers were on time, very professional, and the move came in well under the not-to-exceed price. Would use them again without hesitation. Wished they did long distance moves.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Household move

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/28/2018

10/25/2018

Had planned to move some furniture; however, due to unforeseen circumstances I already had to reschedule a couple of times. Roy at Sierra Valley was very understanding and try to accommodate new move dates. At this point in time, I still do not have a definite move date yet, but I am certain we will be using Sierra Valley for the planned furniture move.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furniture Move

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/25/2018

09/19/2018

I was most impressed with the wrapping of the furniture as one of the best features and services that Sierra Valley Movers offers. We have had subsequent movers twice since then, and while Sierra did a good job on our first move, I had a very stringent budget based on the need for three (3) large moves within a short period of time. Although Sierra did a stellar job, the new movers were also fabul...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A 3000 sf office space of furniture and equipment were moved to our home.

CATEGORY storage units

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/02/2018

09/12/2018

It went very well. The moving crew were able to separate and keep track of the three different segments of furniture. They loaded and unloaded the furniture in a efficient and careful manner this despite having to unload on a very hot day in July. They delivered, as indicated to me and my relatives in Nevada, at the time and place they promised they would have the furniture. Overall my experience ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed furniture moved to a new residence (over a 100 miles away from my past residence), some of my furniture taken to the dump, and some pieces of furniture to Reno and Washoe Valley.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/24/2018

08/03/2018

Extremely well! Great job done by the team on a Saturday--a day they normally do not work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
moving a 3-bed home from Roseville to Sacramento

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/21/2018

07/30/2018

Quote response was quick and in person and completed moved just 2 days later. Three people that arrived were pleasant, efficient and careful with our items.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Science Center moving large, heavy piece and additional boxes and materials

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/25/2018

03/21/2018

Perfectly. Absolutely according to schedule; extremely professional. For local (i.e., Northern California), they are top-notch.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moving my sister-in-law (disabled) from El Dorado Hills to Cloverdale.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/01/2017

PRIVATE & COMMERCIAL RELOCATION, PACKING SERVICES, MODULAR FURNITURE INSTALLATIONS & FURNITURE DELIVERIES, PANEL INSTALLATIONS FURNITURE DELIVERY.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover