Five Star Restoration & Construction Inc

Founded 1989 • Angie's List since May 2009

B Rated | 33 Reviews

Since 1989, Five Star Restoration & Construction, Inc. has specialized in providing 24-hour emergency service for water, smoke and fire damage restoration-experienced in complete reconstruction for residential and commercial properties. Five Star can handle any job from start to finish-large or small. Our technicians are trained, experienced and nationally certified, continually training in the most current recovery techniques. Cost is determined by job, travel charges apply outside of 50 mile radius, extra charge applies for emergency after-hour service, lic# 886276. Additional phone numbers - (916) 631-1412, (916) 631-8156. Additional DBAs - Five Star Resoration. Additional contact name - Brenda Gallion...

Douglas Electric

42  REVIEWS
Douglas Electric

I have been doing electrical since 2005 in Sonoma, Marin and now Sacramento county. I have worked in the industrial, commercial and residential side of electrical. This background has made me a very well rounded tradesman. Each area of the trade was rewarding but I enjoyed residential the best. I really enjoyed working with the customer one on one to get their electrical needs accomplished and something that they can really enjoy. I have gone from track homes to high end custom homes and everything in between. I started Douglas Electric because I felt I had a lot to offer the public. I know how hard it can be for those that seek electrical services so I try to make it as smooth as possible.

09/19/2020

They came in and did the mitigation fast and then sat. When prompted for answers to begin dates and regarding permits they lied repeatedly to myself and the insurance. Billed for I performed services, etc. the initial mitigation went well but that was bc they Subcontracted it out. The staff you deal with initially are very competent and nice but once you sign a contract the project died.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Flood remodel

CATEGORY contractors,drywall,flooring contractor,home remodeling

Ms. [Member Name Removed], we do not subcontract out our mitigation services. This is performed by our employees. We decided it to be best to pull out of this project due to the fact that you were trying to make us pay for your code violations that were due to issues on your property long before we started performing work for you. The other issues were that you were performing repairs to your home...
D

10/18/2019

Took far too long and communication with the project manager was very poor. Scheduled events did not occur on time. I have used them before and been happy but they are no longer “five star” in my opinion.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Restoring a bathroom after floor leak

CATEGORY home remodeling

I have reviewed the issues that took place. [Member Name Removed], my sincerest apologies for the lack of communication and follow through on this project. Your brother sent me a long list of items we will need to work on and improve. Thank you both for bringing this to my attention.

04/13/2017

The work is still ongoing but so far it has been excellent. Everyone is very nice and helpful in explaining what is being done and what comes next.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had water damage in our kitchen and it turned into a huge project.

CATEGORY water damage restoration

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]. I'm sure Nathan will take good care of you. I hope that all turns out well. Please reach out to me if there are any issues that arise. Aaron Provencal 916-825-5285

08/10/2016

From the beginning to the end this company stood out. Excellent customer service, professionalism and integrity. Overall satisfaction with work performed EXCELLENT

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had water damage to our master bathroom. Five Star Restoration provided excellent service. Upon the initial call I was set at ease, their staff were knowledgeable and friendly. The technician George Borges was the first person at our home. He was courteous and friendly and explained the process in detail. After the drying process way completed we also used Five Star Restoration for the reconstruction. Once again all the staff and crews were excellent.

CATEGORY contractors,drywall,water damage restoration,mold removal

[Member Name Removed], we appreciate the review. Thank you!

08/12/2015

The leak happened the first week of May. It is now mid-August and we are still without use of the bathroom, are washing our dishes in the our laundry room sink, which is the only sink available on the ground floor. Because I complained, they finally cleaned out the old appliances and put our stove back....in our kitchen with no sink, dishwasher, or counter tops.  We are taking care of my elderly m...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Insurance carrier recommended for a water leak that caused mold damage. They tore out half our kitchen and most of our bathroom. They are supposed to rebuild walls, reinstall appliances and fixtures, refinish cabinets, re-tile bathroom, and put new surface on kitchen counters.

CATEGORY water damage restoration,interior painters,mold removal

We apologize for the length of time it has taken to repair your home and for your dissatisfaction. The bathtub that had to be replace had to be approved by your insurance carrier. The tub was ordered upon approval - the tub was special order and took 8 weeks to receive. We also had a couple days that we had work scheduled with you and our sub contractors could not gain access to the property to ge...

Water, fire and smoke damage restoration, mold remediation & emergency board-ups. Content Cleaning and Pack-out, and Reconstruction Services..

Check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express