Gallman Construction

Founded 1997 • Angie's List since March 2012

Gallman Construction is a locally owned, one man show doing business since 1997....

Bell Brothers Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning

“Bell Brothers Plumbing Heating and Air was founding in 1991 in Elk Grove, CA by brothers Kenny & Jerry Bell. After almost 30 years in the business, Bell Brothers has expanded to not only specialize in heating and air services, but windows installation, plumbing, sewer, duct work replacement and insulation. With more than $5,000,000 in Home Energy Upgrade rebates earned for their customers, Bell Brothers has established themselves a leader in California’s Home Energy Upgrade Program for utility companies SMUD and PG&E. Today there are over 160 trucks on the road and over 200 employees daily serving the greater Sacramento area and parts of seven surrounding counties. It comes to no surprise that Bell Brothers delivers 365 Days of Satisfaction to all their customers by providing the highest install standards, the best trained technicians and year-round service. Bell Brothers guarantees that you’ll love your service or your money back, that’s what makes them the “No Surprise Guys!”

02/22/2016

Chris restructured my living room fireplace.  This involved removing the existing brick mantel, cutting back the brick hearth, removing the fireplace insert and closing in the wall behind it.  I wanted a faux fireplace which he created by cutting a slab of marble to place on the wall above what was left of the hearth and building a new wooden mantle to surround it. Chris did an excellent job?much ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chris removed/restructured an old fireplace and built a new faux fireplace.

CATEGORY drywall,remodeling,fireplaces

10/07/2014

Chris is professional and has excellent workmanship. He pays attention to detail with the layout of the tile and matching existing grout lines. My home now has tile floors throughout, all done by Chris. I've had many compliments, and have also referred his service to friends. Chris is easy to work with and succeeds in turning out a good product. I would use Chris in the future to do any job at my ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I've used Chris Gallman of Gallman Construction for tile in my house since 2006 when he put in tile floors in the kitchen, hallway and bathrooms. I used his service again in 2011 when he removed the carpet and put tile down in the living room. Then in 2012, he assisted in putting new Hardie siding, doors, and windows in my home. The most recent was following a flood from a broken pipe in the bathroom which caused extensive damage to 80% of my home. He put all new tile on the bedroom and closet floors, and tiled both bathroom showers. The previous tile survived the flood and didn't have to be replaced. That says a lot for Chris' excellent attention to detail. When he was helping with the exterior siding, I had a half wall removed in the hallway where Chris had previously tiled the floor. He was able to put tile in the space where the wall was and it looks like it was done with the original job. During the renovation from the flood, I removed a wood stove and hearth in the living room. Chris was able to put tile down where the hearth was. You can't tell there was a hearth there before. Several years ago, Chris also worked at my 2nd home to remove a popcorn ceiling and replaced it with drywall and texture.

CATEGORY ceramic tile,drywall,flooring contractor,remodeling,replacement windows,fireplaces

08/19/2014

He worked with us to stay within our budget and work around some interesting challenges in the original bathroom construction. He advised us of lower cost suppliers and did an excellent job all around. We've been using the bathroom for many months now and I love it. I get raves from visitors. I cna't wait until I'm able to hire him again for our other bathroom and other floors.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bathroom remodel- took out a wall, installed new flooring, new cabinets and fixtures, new walls.

CATEGORY flooring contractor

07/21/2014

Everything went great. Chris is very reliable, an extremely conscientious worker, and great to work with. Highly recommended.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Completely removed and rebuilt a rotting balcony off the master bedroom; installed 4 new vents and a solar roof mounted vent in garage; installed a new remote control sunshade in our south facing dining room including new electrical; replaced exterior rotten wood in preparation for painting; installed a new recessed lighting fixture in the kitchen for better lighting in the work area; replaced 2 non-functional pendant lights.

CATEGORY flooring contractor,hardwood floor

05/25/2013

Chris is an exacting worker. He made excellent design suggestions (fireplace surround size, wall texture, tile size, etc.), was very precise in all his work and was punctual. Specifically, comments on the three work items he did for us: His wall texturing skills were the best we have seen. He even primed the wall after applying the texture. Our bathroom tile with matching tile baseboard and all gr...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chris did several jobs for us: (1) He enclosed in a room, which involved constructing a wall between our master bedroom and den, (2) finished a fireplace surround, and (3) tiled a bathroom floor.

CATEGORY contractors,ceramic tile,drywall,flooring contractor,remodeling,fireplaces

I am licensed to do Floor covering, Ceramic tile, and General construction. I do vinyl, hardwood, laminate and tile floors. Some other things I do are crown moulding, hanging doors, new windows, water damage repair, most common home improvements.

Carpet installation, asbestos removal, hazardous waste removal

Yes, always free